Can't we all just get along?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't we all just get along?

It seems that there has been alot of hostility on the board lately, so I wanted to post the following.

Can't we all just get along? Not saying we have to agree on everything, as nice as that would be its unrealistic, but can't we at least tolerate each other and our different viewpoints.

Honestly I think we all need to learn to put aside our political, religious, and philosophical differences and focus on the big picture. That being making the nudist lifestyle more mainstream. I can see that everyone here has alot of passion for what they believe in. If we could harness that passion and put it in a positive direction, this country could become like parts of Europe in its acceptance of nudity.

P.S. For anyone that posts here, please do not use this thread to, directly or indirectly, bash or attack anyone on the forum with whom you may have disagreements with.

yes, if we were all naked together this would not be a problem. Perhaps everyone should be required to post a naked picture of themselves.

Comment

While the thought of "we all just get along" is wonderful, I do not believe that will happen. In fact, in a society in which we are free to think for ourselves the concept of all of us agreeing on everything is a bit naive. Perhaps the thought might be, if we disagree, can we at least do so agreeably! Part of the learning curve is listening (or reading as is done here) to ideas and viepoints expressed by others.

Comment

It is human nature...why do you think I laugh at the people who push world peace?

It would be nice if we could all get along, live free and do what we prefer to do. However, there will always be someone, somewhere who will insist on coming in and cramming thier views down other's throats. This isn't going to change anytime soon!

Comment

Yes xgsft, but without "world peace" what would all of the beauty pagent bimbos say in their speach ? ()

Comment

LOL justnude! Isn't that the truth!

Good line!

Comment

Originally posted by xgsft:
              It is human nature...why do you think I laugh at the people who push world peace?

It would be nice if we could all get along, live free and do what we prefer to do. However, there will always be someone, somewhere who will insist on coming in and cramming thier views down other's throats. This isn't going to change anytime soon!
              First, I do not think that World peace is a joke, it is a condition for human surviving, espacially in this period in history, which has nuclear power.

Secondly, I do not think that all ideas are equals. Some are better than others. Racism and homophobia are not good ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric6420:

First, I do not think that World peace is a joke, it is a condition for human surviving, espacially in this period in history, which has nuclear power.
                About the only way to achieve world peace is for everyone to pull thier heads outta thier asses and accept other's differences. However, with all the religious zealots/political differences/pure greed and personal gain of dictators/warlords will make it impossibe. About the only thing that has kept the peace in the last 50 years has been mutually assured destruction. Even then, numerous small skirmishes/major wars have broken out over differing opinions. This has occured throughout human history. I am not saying it's a bad idea in concept, however it is a irrational to think everyone will play nice.

Originally posted by Eric6420:
                Secondly, I do not think that all ideas are equals. Some are better than others. Racism and homophobia are not good ideas.
                No arguements there!

Comment

Simonsebs;

I have had some discussions with you. We have been able to disagree and ask each other questions. We have been able to do it respectfully and I have enjoyed them. At the end of the exchange of ideas, I think we have both learned and grown.

Your thoughtful post has given me an idea.

Suppose we were all nude and I objected to someone's scar or some physical feature, nudists would object. The idea of nudism is to accept and admire all even with the differences and not focus on them.

I think we need to consider mental and spiritual nudism to be the same. If someone has a view that we don't share, we should be able to get along and respect each other and just ignore the difference.

Comment

eric6420: I do not think anyone (especialy me in my mention of "world peace" would consider that concept a "joke". I think you are taking my comment a bit too literally-which goes to the point of this discussion-can we all "get along"! If my comment offends you then I gracefully retract it-see-I want to "get along" Have a good nude day.

Comment

Without question we as a species are still animals. Yes, we are intelligent but measured against what? Yes, we are civilized but measured against what? Yes, we are educated and well versed but again, measured against what?

We simply are still evolving from animalistic mind sets, thought processes, values, and many other celeberial things never mind bodily aspects of our existance.

I don't know that we as a species will ever evolve to a point where we are actually a civil and benevolent set of individuals that always think good and positive of all others offering safety, encouragement, support, and love to all others. Will that ever happen? Well, not in my lifetime !!! We as a species simply are not capable of that, or anything close to it! Is part of the human condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid_Clam:
                        I don't know that we as a species will ever evolve to a point where we are actually a civil and benevolent set of individuals that always think good and positive of all others offering safety, encouragement, support, and love to all others. Will that ever happen? Well, not in my lifetime !!! We as a species simply are not capable of that, or anything close to it! Is part of the human condition.
                        I do not consider it to be even a remote possibility. People are all too willing to even want to impose their point of view on next door neighbors, so the idea that everyone will be tolerant of people 1000's of miles away does not seem possible.

There are just too many people willing to wage war to impose their moral code on anyone who disagrees.

Comment

If you think we argue now...you should have been here back when....like 6yrs ago!

Comment

Originally posted by R.M.GREENMAN2:
                            If you think we argue now...you should have been here back when....like 6yrs ago!
                            Those '6 years ago' may be coming back. What is that saying: "What goes around comes around"?

Comment

Originally posted by justnude:
                              eric6420: I do not think anyone (especialy me in my mention of "world peace" would consider that concept a "joke". I think you are taking my comment a bit too literally-which goes to the point of this discussion-can we all "get along"! If my comment offends you then I gracefully retract it-see-I want to "get along" Have a good nude day.
                              It did not offend me. I just take for granted that you mean it.

Comment

Working...
                              X