naked among the clothed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naked among the clothed?

After days of cloudy weather I ventured out to a clothing optional resort in the desert to enjoy the sun. As soon as I drove into the resort grounds I stopped my car and took off all my clothes to maximize my time in the sun. When I drove up to the office I discovered I was the only one naked in the building. Eventually, other people came out to the pool to enjoy the sunshine nude too. But for a while, being the only guy naked among the clothed, it really felt like a privilege having the option of not wearing clothes while others were dressed. Anyone else feel "special" being the only one naked among the clothed?

Re: naked among the clothed?

sd,

That same exact thing happened to me several years ago. I posted it in another thread further down called "Ever been the only one nude?" I was nude in the office of this resort, and everyone else was clothed. I felt really "nekkid", until a family of 5 came in, and they were all completely nude like me.

I still arrive at the resort nude, and go into the office that way. Usually there are others there, and most of the time they are dressed. Like you said, it's a nudist resort, why not get nude as soon as you can.

Barefoot-n-Nude in Texas!

Comment

I did the same thing.. got nude right out of the car when I parked, then went in the office to pay the grounds fee where they were clothed. I realized that the owners and people who worked there wore clothes while on the job. Almost all the visitors and campers were nekkid and liking it.

But I liked being naked among clothed people when it occurred. Kind of wish I had a chance to do that once in a while here in the real world. They had a bar where the folks would be wearing t-shirts or a sarong but not me. If I'm paying $35 to be nude for the day, then I'm going to be nude for the day...

Comment

Did you ever start to think you weren't in a C/O resort to begin with? That thought would probably cross my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike2Nude View Post
          Did you ever start to think you weren't in a C/O resort to begin with? That thought would probably cross my mind.
          I think that would be my reaction. I'd probably start checking signs, trying to see if I had somehow entered the wrong spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnabas View Post
            I think that would be my reaction. I'd probably start checking signs, trying to see if I had somehow entered the wrong spot.

Exactly, why attend a clothing optional resort and not be naked? If it's a clothing optional resort and you're not naked it no different than going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by sdson View Post
              Exactly, why attend a clothing optional resort and not be naked? If it's a clothing optional resort and you're not naked it no different than going anywhere else.
              I could stay home to be the only one nude. I like to be around like mided people and socialize.

Comment

Originally posted by LamontCranston View Post
                I did the same thing.. got nude right out of the car when I parked, then went in the office to pay the grounds fee where they were clothed. I realized that the owners and people who worked there wore clothes while on the job. Almost all the visitors and campers were nekkid and liking it.

But I liked being naked among clothed people when it occurred. Kind of wish I had a chance to do that once in a while here in the real world. They had a bar where the folks would be wearing t-shirts or a sarong but not me. If I'm paying $35 to be nude for the day, then I'm going to be nude for the day...
                I hear ya. I take advantage of the fact that I'm at a nudist resort, every second that I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnabas View Post
                  I think someone would mention it to you. lol

Comment

I have often wondered why the folks who work in the office of the resorts that I have visited tend to remain clothed! In fact, I can only think of one resort I visited (Avalon in W Va) where the office staff were nude. I wonder why that is?

Comment

Originally posted by justnude View Post
                      ... I can only think of one resort I visited (Avalon in W Va) where the office staff were nude. I wonder why that is?
                      I don't know, maybe they get non-nude foot traffic (vsitors, meter reader, trash guy, tradespeople) and feel it's a better business practice not to shock folks who are in off the street. Anyway, I'd like to work there on casual Fridays !

Comment

Originally posted by justnude View Post
                        I have often wondered why the folks who work in the office of the resorts that I have visited tend to remain clothed! In fact, I can only think of one resort I visited (Avalon in W Va) where the office staff were nude. I wonder why that is?
                        I think that part of it is because they are "on the job" while guests are there to relax. If you go to a clothed beach resort the guests wear swimsuits or whatever casual thing they want while the staff is usually dressed in a more professional manner, like business suits, polo shirts & slacks depending on what job they are doing. Plus it makes it easier to identify who is working and who is a guest. I'm sure the do get some traffic from the clothed world at the front office too, the mail man, UPS guy, food or beverage deliveries if they have a restaurant. Exactly what constitutes dressed can vary from place to place. At more rustic "mom & pop" resorts I've seen the "dressed" people in the office consist of a topless woman with a see through sarong wrapped around her waist & a guy wearing an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt and no pants; but at least it makes them easier to identify them as staff. At more upscale resorts usually staff usually has polo shirts with the resort's name or business suits with personalized name tags.

As to the origional question; I've been naked around clothed people and find it great that we can both be in whatever makes us comfortable without making the other uncomfortable. I used to live with 2 female roommates that that situation would happen often. We all saw each other naked fairly regularly but they were less apt to just hang around the apt nude. For one thing they both smoked and since we didn't smoke in the apt that would have required them to keep covering and uncovering when they went outside to smoke. They never minded that I would pretty much undress as soon as I came home and would usually stay that way until I was ready to leave again; unless we had someone else coming over.

Comment

Originally Posted by justnude
                          ... I can only think of one resort I visited (Avalon in W Va) where the office staff were nude. I wonder why that is?

Some states require all employess to be dressed.

Comment

The beach I used gets clothed traffic. They don't notice-or don't say. I have only had one encounter. 2 women walked up behind me as I strolled in the dunes, and tittered about a naked guy, but they were good natured.

Comment

I spent a beautiful day at Wreck Beach in Vancouver yesterday. It is Canada's largest legal nude beach. I would estimate that there were between 500 and 600 people there. It was great. The beach is located on the UBC (university) grounds. This tends to draw a lot of young people down who don't always participate in the clothing optional part. I have never had any issues with talking to any of them or having them set up 2 feet away from me as happened yesterday. It is kind of fun in a weird way. lol. I would prefer that if they want to throw their towels down right beside me that they would be nude as well. Personal opinion. Not because I am self-conscious but because I do think it is a little bit rude. It was fine though. In my younger years I was the guy that after a couple drinks at a party might decide to skinny dip in the pool. It usually caught on but I always seemed to be the first. It was great.
                              Good question.

Comment

Working...
                              X