naked among the clothed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: naked among the clothed?

I guess this would qualify under the heading "naked among the clothed". My wife and I were in the pool this weekend and I of course, was nude. She had no problem knowing the fact I love to skinny dip everytime I'm in the pool. Anyway, our Grand Daughter came out and asked her a question, so I hunkered down in the far end of the pool so she couldn't see. She asked her question then went back inside.
    I guess at some point later that day, or could have been the next day, the Grand Daughter asked my wife if I was "naked" in the pool. Of course my wife said I was. I guess she kinda blushed, but never did say anything to me. My wife stated something like, "You don't want to go in the backyard when Papa is back there", hinting of my 'clothesfree' sanctuary.
    We also had visitors (my wife's best friend and her Son) from out of state this past week and she mentioned to my wife about the sign on the front of the house (Clothing Optional beyond this point). My wife confirmed the obvious meaning of the sign. So I guess my wife's friend said something like, "okaaaaaay". lol I did do some skinny dipping when they were at the house, but they never got near the pool (came to visit for another personal reason), meaning they didn't stay at the house during the day.
    They did sleep at the house and as usual, I did my usual nude mornings, but the door to the office was closed, so they didn't see me. But knowing they were sleeping in the living room, I put on my wrap around when I got my cup of coffee.

Comment

My stepson is used to me being nude when he comes over. But has a problem with seeing his mom or niece (whom we're raising) nude. Since he and others come over regularly I'm usually the only one nude at home unless we're in the pool. I'll normally keep a cover handy in case he comes over with his girlfriend and her kids.
      The other day they came over unexpected and just walked in. I didn't have anything to cover with so I just sat there. They stayed for a few minutes going through our movie library and talking. My son laughed a little and his girlfriends little boy said "he's naked? ewee. He's 5 the girlfriend and her daughter 11 didn't say anything just kept doing what they came for. I'd asked the girlfriend before if it would bother her if I were nude when she came over she said no but this was the first time it had been put to the test. I notice she hasn't been over much lately and they've made sure to ring the bell before coming in.

Comment

When I get off the ferry for the walk to the beach, I strip down to what's legal, and walk the heath. As soon as I hit that red marker, what's left is off. Very few look, but if they do, so what? I am more than comfortable.
        I do wish that we could chat about this so easily 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by justnude View Post
          I have often wondered why the folks who work in the office of the resorts that I have visited tend to remain clothed! In fact, I can only think of one resort I visited (Avalon in W Va) where the office staff were nude. I wonder why that is?
          I think where the staff is not just the owners/operators, but hired staff on a payroll, labor laws are such that these employees don't have to be or can't be nude to perform their duties. Or something like that; I'm not sure about the details.

At many resorts I've been, which have been rustic resorts with minimal staff, the front office person will wear just a t-shirt while standing behind the counter or desk. I think they do it for newbies, to kind of ease them into the nude environment. On our first visit at Bell Acres (Ga), we entered the main office dressed; the front office lady (wife of the manager) seemed topfree, but it was hard to tell since she stayed seated behind the counter so that only her head was apparent; and that's all we saw of her the entire time. Our following visit there, this time we entered the front office nude; she recognized us, and stood up to hand us the sign-in sheet and came from behind the counter to talk to us; she was much warmer this time, and much nuder. At our first visit at Cedar Creek (SC), this time we got nude right away and entered the front office; as she saw us enter, the front desk lady got up from behind the counter, also nude, and greeted us with a handshake. I have to admit that walking in nude and being greeted warmly by another nude person is much cooler that talking to a head behind a counter!

(I just realized after the fact that the questions has been answered by David and Fitz. So David corroborated my thoughts about labor laws; and Fitz has the same experience I had with rustic resorts; but why would they wear an article of clothing to distinguish themselves from patrons, if the fact that they are standing behind a counter is a clear indication that they are staff?)
          Last edited by NudonyII; 07-19-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

A number of years ago, prior to a Bare Necessities Cruise, my wife and I stayed at Cypress Cove. We arrived late in the day and stripped. It was around dinner time and we headed to the restaurant. We were lead to a table and realized that we were the only nudes in the dining room. It didn't bother us and we enjoyed our meal. It was our first time at the resort and we were surprised that others were not dressed (undressed?) as we were. Other times that we were at Cypress Cove the level of nudity was closer to what we had expected.

Comment

My current club has one designated office person who is clothed the rest are normally nude depending on the weather. The club is a Co-Op so we members share in the work like kitchen duty and in the kitchen we are required to wear some clothing.

Funny thing is the first club I was a member of back in 1990 they were nude in the kitchen but I guess some one complained because a couple of years later the kitchen staff were wearing clothes well sort of the women wore these t-shirts that have been cut to the point they are see through and guys would just throw on some shorts if they were back there. I neve had a problem with it but the health department apparently did. Sort of funny they didn't require hair nets just that they wore a minimum amount of clothes go figure.

Comment

The only surprising thing was that it shouldn't be surprising. It's high-season and yesterday we were at a small, crescent-shaped beach in southeast France, probably only 200 meters/yards long and only wide enough for about two rows of beachgoers, but comfortably filled with the full panoply of groups, couples, families and their bright-coloured umbrellas and beach equipment. Anyway, I looked up at one point and noticed that nobody was wearing a top. Not one person, old or young, male or female. The curve of the beach made it easy to scan all the way around to double-check. Everything below from bikini-bottoms to board-shorts to nada at our naturist end of the beach, but no tops anywhere. Then I thought, "Cool. What could be more normal?" and went back to reading my mystery novel.

Comment

I had an experience at the club today which left me wondering. Most people in the camping area were nude as per normal. The sunning area adjoins the beach and people came from the camping area to swim then went back to the camping area. I think the reason for this is that a group of women fully clothed (slacks, blouses etc) decided to use the sunning area. I believe they were camping as they mentioned that they were disappointed in yesterdays cloud and happy to have the sun out, not that anything but their arms and faces could enjoy it. A lady came, nude but left shortly thereafter though she normally stays the entire afternoon. After a while I began to feel rather uncomfortable myself being nude among them and also left.

Comment

All of my experiences of being nude among the clothes have come at Deep Creek Hot Springs.

There was one time when I was hiking down to the springs from the Bowen Ranch parking lot. I was just starting down, nude of course, when I saw a group of three couples just ahead of me start down the wrong trail. At this point they were unaware I was behind them. I called out to them to let them know if they were going to the springs that they were on the wrong trail. They replied that yes they were going to the springs and this was there first time there.

At first they seemed a little surprised at someone hiking naked, but we wound up hiking together all the way to the springs. At no time either on the hike or while at the springs did any of them get naked, but other then there initial surprise they did not care that I was naked.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldsig View Post
                      ...people came from the camping area to swim then went back to the camping area. I think the reason for this is that a group of women fully clothed (slacks, blouses etc) decided to use the sunning area... A lady came, nude but left shortly thereafter though she normally stays the entire afternoon. After a while I began to feel rather uncomfortable myself being nude among them and also left.
                      Originally posted by J.P. View Post
                      ...At first they seemed a little surprised at someone hiking naked, but we wound up hiking together all the way to the springs. At no time either on the hike or while at the springs did any of them get naked, but other than their initial surprise they did not care that I was naked.
                      Feeling uncomfortable around clothed people is something we have to get over. Nudity is just one end of the clothing choice spectrum, what French naturists call "en tenue de peau" (clothed in skin). I always feel like applauding when textiles are around and don't give a hoot if others are nude. We need to encourage this. I believe there is huge potential passive support for natural nudity, but that people rarely get the opportunity to show that they're ok with "tenue de peau". The flip-side is for us to be no more self-conscious than if we had chosen to wear t-shirt'n'shorts. This is precisely how naturism gains public acceptance -- when nudity is accepted as nothing more than an informal wardrobe option. You want people not to equate nudity with sex and indecency? Then hike, play cards, sunbathe, have a garden party, go fishing, (whatever) nude with your textile friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Agde View Post
                        Feeling uncomfortable around clothed people is something we have to get over.
                        I've seen this in Europe. A few people will arrive at the beach early and disrobe; a little while later dressed people will arrive. And the nude and topfree will continue being nude - or topfree - without a care in the world as to who is dressed or not around them. I've seen the nude, the topfree and the dressed mingle and socialize in a way that was very endearing to see. I think that has a lot to do with cultural acceptance of nudity.

It's a little bit different here in the US. Because nudity is not mainstream, nude people tend to be more aware of who is around them. I've seen even seasoned nudists "clam up" around visiting textiles. Mostly because they are unsure of the effect their nudity will have on these "dressed intruders." I've been guilty of this "knee-jerk" reaction a few times myself.

But I agree that the best way to promote nudism is to remain nude and cordial, regardless of the other person(s) state of dress. But to get past the "knee-jerk clamming up" can sometimes be hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by justnude View Post
                          I have often wondered why the folks who work in the office of the resorts that I have visited tend to remain clothed! In fact, I can only think of one resort I visited (Avalon in W Va) where the office staff were nude. I wonder why that is?
                          I follow whatever their policy is.At some places,they might have a rule that everyone in the office has to be clothed.On my first visit,I always play it safe and walk in the office clothed.If the people working there are nude,then on my second visit, I'll be nude also.

Comment

Originally posted by NudonyII View Post
                            I've seen this in Europe. A few people will arrive at the beach early and disrobe; a little while later dressed people will arrive. And the nude and topfree will continue being nude - or topfree - without a care in the world as to who is dressed or not around them. I've seen the nude, the topfree and the dressed mingle and socialize in a way that was very endearing to see. I think that has a lot to do with cultural acceptance of nudity.

It's a little bit different here in the US. Because nudity is not mainstream, nude people tend to be more aware of who is around them. I've seen even seasoned nudists "clam up" around visiting textiles. Mostly because they are unsure of the effect their nudity will have on these "dressed intruders." I've been guilty of this "knee-jerk" reaction a few times myself.
                            Nudity is not exactly mainstream in Europe either (ask Stu). But I would guess the caution exercised in the USA is less a cultural thing than a reaction to the pervasive harassment from officialdom in the face of nudity even on private property or in remote areas, and the high proportion of nosey parkers who insist on interfering in the private activities of other people. I am sure that vastly greater numbers would go nude in suitable places in USA if they were not afraid of ending up in court and fined or placed on an offenders register, with all the attendant unpleasant publicity that goes with it.

Comment

In my clothing optional home, with wife, twentysomething son, and teenaged son, I am often the only one nude. (The others are nude at times, but I am nude ALL the time except when it's cold.) When visitors come over, they generally stay dressed except for our naturist friends. Some friends are amused at my nudity, but none seem upset by it.

It just seems normal to me. I don't feel self concious or anything.

Here in Florida, where simple nudity is legal (except in a handful of counties), I have been in numerous situations in the wilderness where I am the only nude one. I only camp nude (again, unless it's cold), and we have several National Forests and the Everglades National Park. I have had rangers stop and chat, and hikers pass me on the trail, etc.

My website has descriptions of some of these instances.
                              http://campingbare.mine.nu/report.htm

Comment

I don’t think that there is anything to compare to the feeling of nudity when you are naked and everyone else is clothed. I know, nude is nude, but if you really want to feel “extra naked” just be with any group of people and be the only one not wearing clothes. I’ve been at nudist camps where people dress for dinner or dances. I’ve been on nudist cruises where people, although totally nude all day, dress for dinner. I’ve been at a nudist camp end-of-day coffee and tea groups where it was more or less tradition to dress to come to the clubhouse for some conversation. It was at one of these coffee “klatches” where one woman, who insisted upon always showing up totally naked, used to chide the others because she couldn’t see the logic of coming to a nudist camp to get dressed.
                                My situation at home for the past few years has been this. I am a single male. A couple of times each day I check on my neighbor, a retired woman, much older than I, to make certain that she is OK. She often has me stay awhile, prepares coffee, lunch, drinks, etc. During a conversation a few years ago, I told her that I was an avid nudist and spend most of my time not wearing any clothing. I happened to mention to her that I only got minimally dressed to come check on her. She expressed intrigue with my home nudist lifestyle and said that it would be alright with her if I stayed nude whenever I came over to her house. We are out in a very rural location, and it’s a very private thousand foot walk from my house to hers, so it would be no problem to just traverse that distance nude.
                                Over time, not only was she accepting of my need to be nude, she insisted that whenever I came over to her house, I not wear anything because she so enjoyed having a younger male visit her nude. It’s been very enjoyable for me to visit her because of that. She is always clothed, and I am always nude. Great for both of us. Also, once a week, she has a group of four or five girlfriends visit her for cocktails and snacks. I am always invited, and I always attend nude. Her friends are also very accepting of my nudity with one exception who is a bit more proper and prudish than the others. To this day she wonders how I can “walk around naked all the time and not feel ashamed or embarrassed.” She gets completely flabbergasted when I tell her that, not only am I not ashamed, I actually enjoy it and find it exciting to do.
                                To answer member sdson, who started this thread back in July and said, “…being the only guy naked among the clothed, it really felt like a privilege having the option of not wearing clothes while others were dressed. Anyone else feel "special" being the only one naked among the clothed?” Yes, it really feels “special.” I feel free, liberated, totally unashamed, and not embarrassed at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X