conduct at nude beaches for young people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• conduct at nude beaches for young people

ever time i go to a nude beach i get a feeling of not welcomeness. I don't no if it is because i am 15 or the way I act there. I think the best way to ask my question is to tell you my rutine. ok sunday june 25 i set out at 11:55 am and about 12 miles into my bike ride I pull off the road to take off my shorts and strip into my biking clothes and then bike and bike the last 20 miles in that. then when i get to P 5 I take off my shirt leaving on my white bike shorts witch are only 6 inches long then i walk down to a open spot but as i am walkin almost ever one is looking at me and I dont like attention that much and then when i get to a clear dune I take off my shorts, hat, and shoes, still the people around me are looking at me. I normaly go in the water for about 45 mins. to let my b.l.a.c. levals go down so i can lay down with out cramping from the hot ride here but this time i miss back and my beach bag with my towel,sun screen, beach hat, and mini towel had falling off but i found later. becuase of no towel i sat down near the water and then went for a short walk after that i went in the wter for a bit to do some body surfing, then i swam back to were my stuff was put my shorts back one and picked up my shoes hat and cell phone and left with the same feeling of not welcume and one person was staring right at me for the longest time and i can't figure out why?

Now the only things i think i can do are were shorts instead of bike shorts to walk don or maybe pick a spot nwright near the sign to either undress and carry my stuff with me if i still get that feeling or hang out with everone else if the feeling gose away

Also any tips on telling my girlfriend the I am a nudist ?

ever time i go to a nude beach i get a feeling of not welcomeness. I don't no if it is because i am 15 or the way I act there. I think the best way to ask my question is to tell you my rutine. ok sunday june 25 i set out at 11:55 am and about 12 miles into my bike ride I pull off the road to take off my shorts and strip into my biking clothes and then bike and bike the last 20 miles in that. then when i get to P 5 I take off my shirt leaving on my white bike shorts witch are only 6 inches long then i walk down to a open spot but as i am walkin almost ever one is looking at me and I dont like attention that much and then when i get to a clear dune I take off my shorts, hat, and shoes, still the people around me are looking at me. I normaly go in the water for about 45 mins. to let my b.l.a.c. levals go down so i can lay down with out cramping from the hot ride here but this time i miss back and my beach bag with my towel,sun screen, beach hat, and mini towel had falling off but i found later. becuase of no towel i sat down near the water and then went for a short walk after that i went in the wter for a bit to do some body surfing, then i swam back to were my stuff was put my shorts back one and picked up my shoes hat and cell phone and left with the same feeling of not welcume and one person was staring right at me for the longest time and i can't figure out why?

Now the only things i think i can do are were shorts instead of bike shorts to walk don or maybe pick a spot nwright near the sign to either undress and carry my stuff with me if i still get that feeling or hang out with everone else if the feeling gose away

Also any tips on telling my girlfriend the I am a nudist ?

Comment

What your experiencing is not out of the norm. People at nude beaches are not always the most friendly.

I have some major concerns:

Not everyone who goes to nude beaches is a nudist. Some who frequent nude beaches are there for "other" reasons that having nothing to do with nudism, i.e. sexual.

Also the idea of you going alone to nude beaches is VERY unsafe for the reasons I mentioned above. There is a lot of perverts who pray on people.

Your still a minor and need to consider your still under the guardian ship of your parents.

If you want to continue the nudist lifestyle, please consider discussing it with your parents and get them involved. They may not agree with you, but at least your making them aware. They may even let you practice it at home where it is safe. Plus they could join a family resort with you.

Comment

I have thought about telling them and i would if there were yunger see I live wityh my gradparents and my grand mother is in to good of shape and i dont know how she would handle it.

Comment

But what about my question what should I do when I go there should i undress at or near the sign or leave my clothes there so other people wont be as so concern

PS. please forgive and gramar or speeling i have made as i have been awake for over 36 hours and am getting ready to spleed.

Comment

Ethan

Just don't be so concerned with what others think, undress where ever way you want or where it’s ok to do so. If you have a bicycle, electronics, cell phone, or money, be sure and keep them is sight [or locked up out of sight] as items like that unattended will be picked up quickly. If your by yourself it's always a good idea to have your cell phone within reach or where your other belonging are.

If you see a volley ball game going or a younger group gathered, join them, they probably wouldn't mind at all.

As far as bringing up to your girl friend about nudity or being a nudist, I would mention you like to be nude when at home or while swimming, as see how she feels about that. From there you can talk about when you’re of age you would like to practice social nude recreation with others at nudist resorts or clubs.

Comment

Maybe it would help if you told us where the nude beach is. Maybe someone from florida could have some insight on why that beach seems unfriendly.
              Also, how old are these other people that seem to be keeping a close eye on you.
              It appears to me that they may just be suspicious of your reasons for being there.
              From my experience, not very many 15 year old boys go to nude beaches by themselves. I would probably raise an eyebrow or two myself.

I would think if there are older couples there you might want to atleast have a short (introduction)converstaion with the ones you are close to. It might break the ice

Steve

Comment

There are exceptions to every rule regardless. Also there are those who make up rules based on their own way that may conflict with the ambiance at hand.

You did well and to ignore that or those persons is the way to go. Good job!

Comment

The beach is Apollo beach parking lot 5
                  and it dose not seem to be the most friendly beach there are about 100 people 95% 45 and up and no one tends to talk i tried moving closer to people in the water to strike up a talk but the moved away I am planing to try to go on a 2-3 camping trip with my friend down there. i am planing to hang out at Apollo the first day and then next morning trail bike to a another nudist beach i think it is plylinda or something like that and spend the next 1-2 days. the only problem is that much stuff would be around 60 lb and over 62 miles that is alot, I have bike 27 with a 8 lb tent, and 10 of misc: like chair stove light, and 4 lb of food and water but that was for one day and on person i figure if i catch my food I can chuck off 15 lb and if i can find a good water perfection system i can chuck off 20 lbs leaving me with a 10 lb 5 person tent "all i have is my light weight 1 person and this 5 person" with a 86 inch overhang for the bikes and storage, my home made 1 lb stove my 2 3/4 lb camping gear. but i will have to carry al of it because my friend is a everyday biker not a induro biker like myself I think it will take my about 4 and a half hours with him when i average 1.5 hour to the end of the road and I don't no what i will do about his bike he will have to use my backup bike but it only coast 169$ and has broken down alot where my bike coast 689$ and has broken one do to a fault in the aluminum hanger deruller . but I think he will take it because he dose not like me always out doing him. But back to playlinda, I have been told it is much bigger nicer and there are a lot of friendly people that is why i wont to go there. Oh and I know that I need to watch because of the shuttle lunches.
                  and i always carry 3 types of communication my cell phone, my gms long range phone and a satellite emergency phone on my GPS, plus the 45 mile range mini CB that me and Brian use. i am looking for some time around mid June to head out.

Comment

Ok do you think that playlinda would be more friendly.

Comment

I think Playalinda would be WAY to far

Here are some possiblilties....

- You might just be the only young person on the entire beach.

- might be a better idea to slip on your other shorts.....if you must walk in front of a lot of people to get to your spot, all they have is a snapshot of your 6 inch white tights, and without a bike, it would seem odd.

- I'm not saying your guilty of this, but always be very considerate of how physiological responses can be offensive when you are care-free with them.

- don't walk too far down the beach....that's where the people who like to stare hang out. Stick to an area where you can still look back and see the crosswalk.....like, maybe a football field or two down the beach.

- It's very possible not everybody is looking at you....but that you just feel that way. When I first began nudism, I was very aware of my nakedness and felt as though people were "seeing" me. I would sit far away to avoid that feeling....but with time I learned it was mostly all in my head.

Girlfriend TIP: ....you probably should tell her, to be fair. But use softening words like..."I think I might be a nudist", that way it's the beginning of a conversation and questions, rather than an absolute definative statement. But...tell her to be fair, and don't expect her to be in love with the idea, just do it for honesty sake.

Comment

Ethan,
                        I have gone to Apollo quite a few times and have gone with friends, one of which was about 16 (he is 20 now). The people there are usually older and did seem to look at us more than other beaches. But I think it is just curiosity and innocent as most of them were couples or groups and not single gawkers. What you are doing is fine. I think that one suggestion is to go over and introduce yourself. Be pleasant and smile. Be confident and don't act like you are ashamed of your nudity. We still go to Apollo sometimes and just relax and have a good time. I must say, you sure ride a long way to get there!
                        As for Playalinda, that is REALLY far from where you live. And kinda harder to get to. Also, where are you intending to camp? The National Shore all along there requires a permit to camp and only allows camping inland, not on the beach itself. And it is patrolled by the rangers on 4-wheelers. I hope you and your friend check out all the requirements by phone first and you will need a water source for sure. There are a lot more people at Playalinda and they DO seem much friendlier, but I think you can be happy at Apollo if you make attempts to get to know some of the regulars there.

BTW, DoctorSurferDude, I met your brother at Cypress Cove a couple of weeks ago. Enjoyed talking with him!
                        Florida Cracker

Comment

ok maybe I have a miss understanding becuase playalinda is only 18 miles from parking lot 5
                          but is the hole beach a nude beach or gust a part down far at the end.

And when I said I went down far I didn't meen like 300 yards I ment like 40 yards

Comment

Although Playalinda is 18 miles as the crow flies from Apollo, you are not allowed to walk down the beach itself without a permit. So you would have to go all the way back to the mainland and travel down US 1 about 20 miles past Apollo and then go out from US 1 to the beach, which is another 10-15 miles or so. That is pretty far. One time I went walking a LITTLE past the sign at Apollo into the restricted zone and a ranger showed up within minutes and chewed us out for being there. Hope you can work something out for a place to camp out near Playalinda so you can be closer before starting out for the beach.
                            Florida Cracker

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Florida Cracker:
                              Although Playalinda is 18 miles as the crow flies from Apollo, you are not allowed to walk down the beach itself without a permit. So you would have to go all the way back to the mainland and travel down US 1 about 20 miles past Apollo and then go out from US 1 to the beach, which is another 10-15 miles or so. That is pretty far. One time I went walking a LITTLE past the sign at Apollo into the restricted zone and a ranger showed up within minutes and chewed us out for being there. Hope you can work something out for a place to camp out near Playalinda so you can be closer before starting out for the beach.
                              Florida Cracker

I have tried walking from Playalinda north to Apollo but it is a VERY long walk. Why does anyone need a permit to walk on a public beach?? Is this just another sneaky way to harass nudists??

Comment

Working...
                              X