This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AANR & Swingers

During the past 2 weeks have been receiving emails from several people about an AANR club in Florida that has swinger parties and responses from AANR board members. There was also a posting on facebook. It was reported to AANR and AANR-Fl who responded that they will investigate. In the last few days the swinging club removed from their website the direct references to the AANR club although its still obvious the swinger parties are being held there. So it appears AANR called the club but all that was done was to make announcements of the party quieter.
    AANR got rid of two resorts in Tampa because of swingers. Seems the clubs need the swingers to make money. Is AANR just changing its policy? Or is it just trying to keep it quiet? I think the worst part of this is the AANR Fl president wrote that she was upset her emails were made public. Makes me wonder what else they are hiding.

Re: AANR & Swingers

Originally posted by vollyballteam View Post
    During the past 2 weeks have been receiving emails from several people about an AANR club in Florida that has swinger parties and responses from AANR board members. There was also a posting on facebook. It was reported to AANR and AANR-Fl who responded that they will investigate. In the last few days the swinging club removed from their website the direct references to the AANR club although its still obvious the swinger parties are being held there. So it appears AANR called the club but all that was done was to make announcements of the party quieter.
    AANR got rid of two resorts in Tampa because of swingers. Seems the clubs need the swingers to make money. Is AANR just changing its policy? Or is it just trying to keep it quiet? I think the worst part of this is the AANR Fl president wrote that she was upset her emails were made public. Makes me wonder what else they are hiding.
    Can't answer this question, to be honest. Wish AANR didn't have to address the "swinger" aspect, but this proves we nudists/naturists are left to choose which of two paths to follow: to swing or not to swing.
    Is that the question?

Comment

Originally posted by vollyballteam View Post
      AANR got rid of two resorts in Tampa because of swingers. Seems the clubs need the swingers to make money.
      Wasn't it the case that Caliente resigned from AANR? And isn't it the case that the AANR desperately needs all the club subscriptions it can get?

Comment

Originally posted by tiger79 View Post
        Wasn't it the case that Caliente resigned from AANR? And isn't it the case that the AANR desperately needs all the club subscriptions it can get?
        Caliente did in fact resign, however AANR was kin the process of giving them the boot anyway

Comment

What club are you referring too?

It is not a matter of AANR hiding anything it is a matter of maintaining confidentiality during the process of investigating the alleged reports! You don't want a lot of misinformation kicking around in a sensitive situation like that

Comment

Nudists and Swingers: Co-existence?

by Rover on 04/29/2010

AANR says No, Reality says Yes. In fact, economics seems to say it’s a Necessity!

The American Association for Nude Recreation seems to be burrowed in their own little bubble of reality that has no relationship to what’s really going on in the real world. For years, AANR has promoted social, nude

recreation – and we agree! However, their antithesis is equally promoted: there is no room for those in the Lifestyle to be a part of our movement.
            We think that the governing board and some of its members need to rethink their stance on those of us in the Lifestyle, and here’s why:

Nearly every Nudist Club/Resort that we have visited has a strong contingent of Lifestylers. It’s our opinion that at least a third of a club’s membership is in the Lifestyle and in some places that we have visited, we have figured out that over 80% of its members are playing with others in some form or another.
            Both of us are card-carrying members of AANR and will continue to pay our dues as long as we think that the organization is continuing to promote social nudism, but we are getting increasingly disturbed with many of the editorial comments of intolerance with those of us in the Lifestyle or who have genital jewelry (Mrs. RLS wanted to add that one of our strictly nudist friends, a 60-something gal, asked Mrs. RLS where she got her hood ring in anticiption of getting her own). AANR’s idea of acceptance seems to be lacking in this department. Over the last 40 years, its membership seems to have been in decline and we think we know why:
            Caliente Resorts decided that they wanted to attract more of us in the Lifestyle by sponsoring a booth at SwingFest in Miami in 2006 and when AANR objected, Caliente at first tried to retain their affiliation with AANR but ultimately abandoned their charter with the organization and have become LifeStyle-friendly. Here is an excerpt from their CalienteClub website:
            The planned Tampa addition of the Galleria will meet a new level of class and opulence for Caliente Resorts. The addition of deluxe rooms featuring flat screen televisions, DVD players, and whirlpool baths will be one of the highlights of the new Caliente playground. The Galleria will also feature party suites on each floor for private gatherings and events.
            Other clubs are abandoning AANR as well - Seminole Nudist Resort, Live Oak Resort, Mountain Creek Gove, Riverside Ranch, and…We think you get the picture – AANR chose to distance itself from these and other clubs because they were attempting to expand their membership to include those of us in the Lifestyle. What AANR did was simply to decrease their annual dues with their staunch resistance to swingers.
            When faced with hard economics – do we stay in business or abandon our resort – many clubs have chosen to transition to adult-only, clothing optional, lifestyle-friendly resorts. Paradise Lakes, a neighbor of Caliente, regularly advertises their Lifestyle events on Swingers Date Club. Does this mean that nudists are now a scourge? Absolutely not, because we have found that those of us in the Lifestyle have tremendous tolerance and some of us, including yours truly, are nudists and enjoy social nudism. Do we hope that we might meet another nudist couple who enjoys playing? Duh!

http://blog.rovinglifestyle.com/nudi...-co-existence/

If the majority of AANR clubs have a group of swingers, and the clubs turn a blind eye to swinging activity as long as it is kept in the shadows, then what is the criteria for AANR to drop a club due to swinging activity? Does this only happen when the swinging activity gets so open and out of control that enough people complain to AANR and AANR is then forced to reluctantly drop a club from it's roster of clubs?

In the end it will be the almightly dollar that ultimately decides whether swinging activity will finally be accepted and thrive at AANR clubs. AANR may be forced to OPENLY accept a degree of swinging activity at it's clubs (it already must accept a degree of swinging in the shadows activity at it's clubs or else it would be forced to drop the majority of it's clubs) and impose some kind of rules governing such activity.

Comment

More food for thought when considering the issue of swingers and AANR:

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Is the AANR on our side?

The big news as of late is that the AANR (the American Association for Nude Recreation) has withdrawn from the INF (the International Naturist Federation). This really doesn't come as a big surprise to me, as I've had my questions about the AANR for some time. I'm probably not going to make a lot of friends with this post but it's important to me that the voice of naturism is doing us a good service, so let's take a look at what the AANR has been doing for us lately.

The AANR has always been presented to us as THE organization of nudism. They are the official voice of naturists and nudists, and they seem to have written the book on what is expected of such a lifestyle. AANR membership means you're a real nudist now, and a club or resort with an AANR affiliation is seen as a clean and wholesome place to practice clothes-freedom. When the media wishes to speak with nudists, they can speak to the AANR and get the official response to any pressing issues. Obviously this is a good thing, but lately I've wondered if the AANR is really on our side on some of the big issues that are important to us, and on some of the things that we need to help us gain popularity and acceptance among the general public.

First there's the battle of San Onofre beach. That was a fight that I joined, even though I live over 1300 miles away. I joined the fight because we are united as nudists, and we all need to fight to have our space to enjoy our lifestyle. California Parks removed the clothing-optional status of San Onofre after years of allowing people to safely enjoy nude recreation. So what did the AANR do when our lifestyle was threatened? Pretty much nothing. In an official statement, the AANR stated only that, "California Parks is stressing that this change in managing nudity in its parks is being limited to San Onofre." Wait a minute, seriously!? Our nude beach is being taken away, and as the official voice of nudists, you are only concerned that this is the only beach they are attacking? Thank goodness all our beaches aren't under attack, but how about you stop worrying about stepping on someone's toes and you promote the hell out of nudism and fight to keep San Onofre clothing-optional? Am I asking too much of the official organization of nudism?

Then there was the incident in Arizona in which a mother and stepfather were arrested for practicing nudism in their home around two young boys who said they were uncomfortable with it. As it turned out, the parents did not practice nudism in their home and the boys had only seen them in the nude by accident. Regardless, I find the AANR's statement to be a timid attempt to appease the public. "If a child seems uncomfortable, parents should let the child's views dictate their plans." Well this for one, is crap because kids would run the home if parents let children decide what's best for them. But the point really is that AANR is just trying to sound good, not trying to help nudism. This media incident makes nudism look like a shameful thing that should be practiced by adults behind closed doors, and the AANR did nothing to change that perception. I would have preferred they say something like this:
              "While nudism is a healthy family lifestyle that promotes positive self body concept and encourages free thinking, it is important to accomodate all members of the family to ensure comfort in the household." That sentence pushes nudism while acknowledging that we're not a cult that forces nudity upon people. Why the heck can't the AANR come up with a statement like that? Maybe I should get a job as the voice of AANR.

Then there was the issue of the nude man making coffee in his kitchen one morning who was spotted by his neighbour. It was early in the morning, the man was in his own home, and instead of asking him to cover up or close the blinds, Police arrested him. Unbelievable, really. And what did the AANR do? Yes they commented on this issue, and they did it by labelling this guy as one of them and then calling him irresponsible. Wait a minute, who knows whether or not he is a nudist? Why the heck would the AANR again make us look bad by saying this guy is a nudist when they cannot possibly have the answer, and then blast him by saying he should have had the drapes closed. This story doesn't even have anything to do with the AANR, yet they decided to open their mouth and again make us look like shameful people who should hide from the public. Even if it is 5:30am and nobody should be looking into our windows.

Lately AANR has also been bombarded with reports of some of their affiliated clubs and resorts catering to swingers. AANR's denial of this information confirms that it does not support this behaviour, and yet it still supports these resorts. I don't even need to say any more about this, the writing is on the wall.

Oh and then of course there's the issue of the topfree section of the beach in Asbury Park, NJ. This was a bad idea from the start because it supports the concept that women's chests are different from men's, and thus they should only be revealed in a segregated area of beach. This topfree beach goes against everything nudists believe in by denying equality and promoting segregation. However, the AANR supported the idea!! Unbelievable! Are they just not doing their research, or are they just getting involved in all the wrong ways? They blast healthy nudity, and they promote negative nudity!

And my last rant is regarding this year's World Record Skinnydip attempt. This is a very special event because it is a chance for nudists to promote healthy nudity to the world in a fun and harmonizing way. And this is why I am stunned that the AANR did such a poor job of promoting the event this year. This event is our chance to bring healthy nude recreation to the masses, and the AANR went and blew it. The only reason I knew about it was because of the blogs and forums I'm on. None of these forums or blogs are seen by the general public, so it would seem the event was only promoted within our own nudist community. Unfortunately it would appear that AANR's blatant fail has hurt the cause too. I know attendance was down at my own Wreck Beach, along with a number of other resorts in the US. I don't know what this will do to the final count, but at this point it would appear that the AANR's lack of promoting this awesome event may have allowed the record to slip from our grasp this year. Seriously, one of the biggest mainstream nudist events and they let it slide on by.

I don't know how to wrap this post up other than by saying, "what the heck is the AANR doing these days?" I would like to say it's about time they stood up and fought for our rights, and promoted the crap out of the nudist lifestyle, but I think it's too late for that. Their withdrawal from the INF just tells me that I'm right in believing the AANR is following a path all it's own and has no interest in being a part of the greater naturist community. They continue to distance themselves from their fellow naturists, and ultimately the people they are supposed to represent and support.

Perhaps they are just trying to be diplomatic and not overstep boundaries. Unfortunately nothing ever changes if you don't say a few off-the-wall comments and push your cause hard, like you actually believe in it. They are acting like scared pansies who don't want to say the wrong thing, when in fact they should be telling the world that we are good people and the lifestyle is great. At this rate, nudists will always be labelled as outcasts, and the only time the public will hear about us is when someone gets in trouble, and then the negative image just gets reinforced. Come on AANR, the rest of us are breaking our backs pushing this thing to the masses, don't leave us alone in the cold.

http://nudistjourney.blogspot.com/20...5a1dfae4475021

The comments section is particularly enlightening.
              Last edited by Sanslines; 02-06-2011, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EricNY View Post
                It is not a matter of AANR hiding anything it is a matter of maintaining confidentiality during the process of investigating the alleged reports! You don't want a lot of misinformation kicking around in a sensitive situation like that
                I seem to recall that AANR didn't try very hard to maintain confidentiality in their argument with Caliente.

Comment

Originally posted by tiger79 View Post
                  I seem to recall that AANR didn't try very hard to maintain confidentiality in their argument with Caliente.
                  What you are speaking of happened after the investigation and the allegations proved to be true

Comment

I would also like to know what club/resort that volleyballteam is referring to

Comment

There are a couple of key things to keep in mind here. One is that there is that whatever policies are or are not being violated AANR (or any other governing body in a democratic society) cannot act on hearsay and innuendo. There is a formal process of investigation that requires AANR members to officially file a complaint - call the AANR office or search the website if you're unsure of the process.

Second is that AANR is not and cannot be morality police despite the private views that may or may not be held by however many individuals. The biggest reason that AANR and others try very hard to segregate nudism from overt sexual displays or the promotion of such is because it's very difficult to convince society in general and lawmakers specifically to not lump "adult entertainment" in with family friendly social nudism.

Comment

Originally posted by Clothesbegone View Post
                        There are a couple of key things to keep in mind here. One is that there is that whatever policies are or are not being violated AANR (or any other governing body in a democratic society) cannot act on hearsay and innuendo. There is a formal process of investigation that requires AANR members to officially file a complaint - call the AANR office or search the website if you're unsure of the process.

Second is that AANR is not and cannot be morality police despite the private views that may or may not be held by however many individuals. The biggest reason that AANR and others try very hard to segregate nudism from overt sexual displays or the promotion of such is because it's very difficult to convince society in general and lawmakers specifically to not lump "adult entertainment" in with family friendly social nudism.
                        The problematic issue of swinging and AANR is indicative of a much greater problem within our society. Our puritanical society is overwhelmed with hypocrisy in that we say one thing because it is the politically correct thing to say and then we do or allow something very different to occur. Swinging has always been a part of society in general and nudist clubs in particular. An issue only occurs when the swinging gets so out of hand that people who are not interested in that lifestyle start to complain. It is AANR's decision to not openly endorse swinging but the problem begins when AANR turns a blind eye to the actual issue of swinging at clubs. The sad truth is that AANR can not fully enforce the values that it preaches. If it did, it would go out of business because few people would be left who would be members. Hence the obvious solution is to preach one thing but allow something to the contrary to occur and try to keep such activity within the shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by EricNY View Post
                          What you are speaking of happened after the investigation and the allegations proved to be true
                          Actually, as I recall, the AANR temporarily suspended Caliente in May 2008, and this was publicly announced and extensively covered in the media - all before the investigation.

Comment

The Caliente situation was known for some time -- it wasn't until the Swingfest booth, and the club manager's planned talk session there. There was a planned session that disturbed not just mainstream nudists -- but a large number of nudist club operators. If I recall correctly, it was something like "how nudists and swingers can co-exist". And supposedly the theme was , if you want to find "Lifestylers", go to your local nudist club.

Uh, that was particularly disturbing. Finally AANR had to give Caliente a temporary boot, which turned out to be a permanent one when Caliente returned their charter.

Paradise Lakes promoted a G-string contest, sponsored by Penthouse magazine, and that was it -- PL was suspended and then returned their charter.

As I said at the time of these two events -- nudists, and the AANR, and TNS philosophy separate sex from nudity. Holding such events at nudists parks do not separate the two, but meld the two together.

Some view the melding as an appropriate one (I don't). Like others, I do not view this as a mixture of Havana Club rum and Coca-Cola; rather, it's putting butter on watermelon IMHO.

It also becomes difficult for NAC and AANR to perform political back-room lobbying work. I remember reading somewhere, where someone was talking with a Florida solon in Tallahassee, some years back, banging the nudist tambourine and spreading rose petals, talking about "Family Nudism" -- and the solon threw a brochure advertising a lingerie party at one of AANR's gem clubs in Florida.

The solon said "tell me what THIS has to do with family nudism." End of conversation.

In order to do what TNS/NAC and AANR wish to do -- they have to set standards. And to their credit, they do -- although TNS is far more quick to act on these things than AANR is.

Comment

So if AANR are so keen to maintain standards, how come they still endorse Caliente Caribe in the Dominican Republic, which regularly promotes swinger events? See for just one example.

Link removed not appropriate to link from this site
                              Last edited by EricNY; 02-06-2011, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X