The effects of lifting the ban on nudity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The effects of lifting the ban on nudity

Recently, someone posted a question in a different (and less read) forum. He asked if people would be for or against legalizing public nudity.

My response took a bit of a turn, but I thought y'all would like to read it. Here it is:

Public nudity all the time? For me, it's a resounding no.

First off, this country has been under 200+ years of religious thought and belief systems that equated nudity with sin. Before that, our founding fathers and thier ancestors came from 1000+ years of said religous thoughts and belief systems. Therefore, instantly lifting the ban on public nudity would create utter chaos and pandemoneum.

However, if you look at more "primative" societies where nudity is the norm and has been for milleniums, there are no flashers or exhibitionists. There is nothing to flash or exhibit.

However, I think that if nudity was the norm for our society, and had been for centuries, it would be like any other subject in life, and there'd still be inherant problems. With as densely populated as we are, there'd surely be health issues (i.e. I'd never ride public transportation, even if I did bring my own clean towel to sit on). Sexual predators would certainly have an easier time of it - less to get in thier way while committing acts of evil.

Other effects would be - Georgio Armani would certainly have to sell off a few houses. More terrorist attacks would occur since Al Quaida would see Americans as being even more loose-moralled then before and even more deserving of punishment.

Memberships at gyms would surely skyrocket 'cause, hey, you can't just toss on a big, oversized sweatshirt to cover up your rolls of flab. (Mind you, people surely would be more body-tolerant towards everyone else and not care if someone else was out of shape or overweight. However, people would certainly be more concious about thier own health and body image since it would be harder to cover up .)

Or would gym memberships go up? I mean, who'd really want to get on the excercise bike after Big Dave just spent a 1/2 hour on it, and thuroughly soaked the towel he was sitting on?

Also, the Cambodian children laborers who currently work for Prada, Versace, Martha Stewart's clothing line would be forced to either go to school and be more productive members of society later in life, or find alternative work in coal mines, meat packing factories, and/or some other line of work in the military/industrial complex.

The Pocket Protector company would be out of business in a week. Also out of jobs would be the many people employed by the Tide Company, and Fabreeze. However, they would probably find work with Finesse, Luboderm, Irish Spring, or other companies that would capitolize on the booming produce personal hygene products market. Dr. Rey (from the show "Dr. 90210") would have to find work as a Tai Kuan Do instructor.

Some other side effects not initially realized:

People would now realize that Elizabeth Taylor was actually ugly. Pick-up games of basketball would no longer be "shirts vs. skins," but "skins vs. dudes with pink bows in their hair," or something else just as stupid. What would you then call the protective cloth on the fronts of cars? You can't call them "automobile bras" since "bras" wouldn't exist anymore.

That reminds me... Think of all the times that old ladies would be tripping on thier nipples. Every time Pamela Anderson goes jogging, she would be knocking herself out!

Streakers would then be forced to do the opposite, and run across the Homecoming game while decked out in thier mid-winter parkas. Surely, they'd get heat strokes more often. The emergency rooms would be full of guys in full mid-winter ski suits with heat strokes. Heat stroke deaths amoung streakers would reach an all time high! Don't let it happen! Think of the poor streakers!

Recently, someone posted a question in a different (and less read) forum. He asked if people would be for or against legalizing public nudity.

My response took a bit of a turn, but I thought y'all would like to read it. Here it is:

quote:
    Public nudity all the time? For me, it's a resounding no.

First off, this country has been under 200+ years of religious thought and belief systems that equated nudity with sin. Before that, our founding fathers and thier ancestors came from 1000+ years of said religous thoughts and belief systems. Therefore, instantly lifting the ban on public nudity would create utter chaos and pandemoneum.

However, if you look at more "primative" societies where nudity is the norm and has been for milleniums, there are no flashers or exhibitionists. There is nothing to flash or exhibit.

However, I think that if nudity was the norm for our society, and had been for centuries, it would be like any other subject in life, and there'd still be inherant problems. With as densely populated as we are, there'd surely be health issues (i.e. I'd never ride public transportation, even if I did bring my own clean towel to sit on). Sexual predators would certainly have an easier time of it - less to get in thier way while committing acts of evil.

Other effects would be - Georgio Armani would certainly have to sell off a few houses. More terrorist attacks would occur since Al Quaida would see Americans as being even more loose-moralled then before and even more deserving of punishment.

Memberships at gyms would surely skyrocket 'cause, hey, you can't just toss on a big, oversized sweatshirt to cover up your rolls of flab. (Mind you, people surely would be more body-tolerant towards everyone else and not care if someone else was out of shape or overweight. However, people would certainly be more concious about thier own health and body image since it would be harder to cover up .)

Or would gym memberships go up? I mean, who'd really want to get on the excercise bike after Big Dave just spent a 1/2 hour on it, and thuroughly soaked the towel he was sitting on?

Also, the Cambodian children laborers who currently work for Prada, Versace, Martha Stewart's clothing line would be forced to either go to school and be more productive members of society later in life, or find alternative work in coal mines, meat packing factories, and/or some other line of work in the military/industrial complex.

The Pocket Protector company would be out of business in a week. Also out of jobs would be the many people employed by the Tide Company, and Fabreeze. However, they would probably find work with Finesse, Luboderm, Irish Spring, or other companies that would capitolize on the booming produce personal hygene products market. Dr. Rey (from the show "Dr. 90210") would have to find work as a Tai Kuan Do instructor.

Some other side effects not initially realized:

People would now realize that Elizabeth Taylor was actually ugly. Pick-up games of basketball would no longer be "shirts vs. skins," but "skins vs. dudes with pink bows in their hair," or something else just as stupid. What would you then call the protective cloth on the fronts of cars? You can't call them "automobile bras" since "bras" wouldn't exist anymore.

That reminds me... Think of all the times that old ladies would be tripping on thier nipples. Every time Pamela Anderson goes jogging, she would be knocking herself out!

Streakers would then be forced to do the opposite, and run across the Homecoming game while decked out in thier mid-winter parkas. Surely, they'd get heat strokes more often. The emergency rooms would be full of guys in full mid-winter ski suits with heat strokes. Heat stroke deaths amoung streakers would reach an all time high! Don't let it happen! Think of the poor streakers!

Comment

HA,HA,HA, LOLS

Comment

Working...
      X