Visit to Nude Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit to Nude Beach

I was on a nude beach today! My father is presently staying with us for a few days and my wife and I took him for a brief drive around our locality so he could gain some impression of where we lived. We showed him several places, including the beach at Melbystrand, about 10 miles from our home, and we stopped at the northern edge, just past a camping site. When we arrived home, our daughter asked us where we had been and we told her. She replied that the beach concerned was a nudist beach - and she found it on the Internet:

http://www.naturistnet.org/?page_id=913&doc_id=209

It's a very pleasant beach - but today was about -4 degrees, so it was deserted! I did notice that there were picnic tables, toilets and other amenities, so it's probably lovely in summer - although, needless to say, I won't be going there!

I read a lot of complaints on here from nudists about how few locations they have to enjoy, how they are often remote and with no facilities, and that even those can be threatened with closure. I don't think Swedish nudists could make the same complaint, though. The only drawback here is that the "beach season", nudist or textile, is really confined to three months or so - June, July and August. The rest of the year is just too chilly!

While I'm talking about Scandinavia, here are a couple more stories which indicate that the people here are nowhere near as "relaxed" about nudity, or at least toplessness, as many seem to think:

Despite being famous for their relaxed attitude to nudity, Swedes are now some of Europe’s biggest prudes. According to a survey commissioned by travel website Skyscanner, Swedes are more likely than other nations to say women should keep it under wraps on the beach.

Perhaps the thought of topless sunbathing at a chlorinated concrete public pool isn’t appealing, or it could be a hint that Danish women are actually shy about exposing themselves. But either way, a new law passed in March allowing women to go topless at city pools across Copenhagen has been met with absolute disregard...Six months later, however, not even the pioneering women from DGI Byen have taken advantage of their political endeavour. Hegegaard told the newspaper Berlingske Tidende that the lack of participation wasn’t surprising to him. “Frankly, I hadn’t expected that hoards of women would suddenly begin to go swimming topless.”

Stu
    Last edited by Stu2630; 02-24-2011, 07:51 AM.

Re: Visit to Nude Beach

One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Comment

Interesting set of facts.

Does your daughter and father know you and your wife like to be nude?

Comment

Originally posted by NJNude1965 View Post
        Errrr.....

Comment

Originally posted by NJNude1965 View Post
          Interesting set of facts.

Classic! That comment is one for the history books.

ROFLMAO

Comment

Stu
            There is a story in the bible that states that Lots wife turned into a pillar of salt when she was told not to look back, and did so.
            That seems to be your attitude regarding nudism. Seeing a nudist will not turn you into a pillar of salt. Instead it would give you
            insight into what there is about nudism that people enjoy. You realised how nice the setup was, and remarked positively on it.
            However, finding out later that this small portion of the beach was nudist brought out your usual responses. I hope you would rethink the
            whole situation and conclude that being exposed to nudity isn't the worst thing that could happen to a person. Even to you and yours.

Comment

Stu,

Youv'e been around on these boards for years now so have probably answered this one before but....

What IS IT exactly that makes you so averse to seeing other people nude on a nude beach?? What kind of reaction do you have - is it a physical reaction ie. nausea type thing?? Or is it all in the head??

It is what it is and so be it, but I'm just interested why nudity makes you react like you say you do, as you seem like a reasonable chap in every other facet of your life! Why is merely 'seeing' nude people so terrible?

For example, my parents ofter caravan down at Corfe and walk along Studland beach a lot. Part of the walk includes walking past the naturist section and they have often commented about the 'nudies' though not in a disparaging way and its basically a bit of mild amusement although they would not try it themselves. They are perfectly happy to view nude people though, walking past them etc.

If you tried this would you come out in some kind of rash, perhaps???

Comment

Stu.
                I've mentioned it some time before and repeat it now too - many thanks for information about nudist beaches in Sweden. I don't live in Sweden myself, but perhaps one day I'll be travelling in Sweden, then it will be useful to know.

Comment

liberalal

Seeing a nudist will not turn you into a pillar of salt. Instead it would give you
                  insight into what there is about nudism that people enjoy. You realised how nice the setup was
                  Oh, I know - I have no doubt that nudists really enjoy their participation and that's great. and I am sure the set-up, and the people, are really nice. Much as I enjoy coming here and discussing the topic, though, the actual nudity isn't something I would want to try.

London Joe

I find the sight of nudity quite disturbing. I can just about tolerate male nudity in certain circumstances, such as in a gym changing room, but I would be really uncomfortable around female nudity.

No rash, though.

ibrahim

Nudists are very well catered for in all parts of Scandinavia, so it's a good place for a nudist to visit - but remember the beach season here is very short. You would really need to come June, July or August to be reasonably certain it would be warm enough to shed your clothes.

Stu

Comment

[QUOTE=Stu2630;287831]liberalal

I find the sight of nudity quite disturbing. I can just about tolerate male nudity in certain circumstances, such as in a gym changing room, but I would be really uncomfortable around female nudity.

Stu,

But how does this 'disturbing' feeling manifest itself?? Do you get extremely embarrassed for the nude person or yourself and come out all red? Do you feel physically sick? What is the emotional or physiological reaction to seeing a nude person?

I presume you don't get such a disturbing feeliong/reaction when you see somone on the beach in a skimpy bikini or speedos? So therefore it sounds like its purely a 'genital' thing with you?

My view - they are just skin and flesh - just another part of the body, albeit personal ones that most folk keep private and hidden. In appropriate circumstances, (and I don't mean in the local park or anywhere one damn well chooses, as some ultra zealot nudists ridiculously believe should be allowed) getting nude is perfectly acceptable and just the right thing to do (ie. dutch and german saunas, where costumes are rightly seen as superflous)

It sounds like you have elevated mere genitals into some sort of deity to be petrified of and thus your reaction to seeing them (if it ever happened) would be akin to if that deity had been violated in some way and your perfect image of it had been totally smashed to bits.

Or is that a tad too extreme??!!

Comment

Ah Stu, when I saw the title of the thread and the fact that you started it, I thought maybe you had made a step towards trying out social nudity. I did not expect to read that you had actually gone nude, but that you had been on the beach or near the beach in the presence of naked people. Oh well.I know you have made progress with regards to your views on nudity. I know that was too far for you, but heck, it would have been neat to see.

Comment

Stu, you may think you visited a naturist beach by accident. But all Buddhists know that there are no accidents. Your subconscious led you there, it knew it is where you needed to be. You'll eventually become one of us, your own mind has been preparing you, why else are you here?

Comment

A very profound thought Mark. I wonder if you will convince Stu to convince himself?

Comment

Originally posted by atalanta View Post
                            A very profound thought Mark. I wonder if you will convince Stu to convince himself?
                            Naw ... he'll deny it until the day he joins us. But his subconscious mind has already decided, its only a matter of time.

Comment

LondonJoe

The sight of nudity used to make me feel nauseous, but not so much now. I just feel intense discomfort and embarrassment - that's the best way I can describe it. Brief and skimpy swimwear doesn't anywhere near as much as complete nudity, but even that can make me uncomfortable. I know it's just skin and flesh - but you can minimise anything shocking or offensive in the same way. Obscene language is just words; sex is just reproductive behaviour and so on.

I don't have a problem with there being nudist beaches - quite the contrary - I welcome them because I know that I can avoid them and nudists can avoid offending me, so everyone wins.

Boreas

Where I live has a climate not dissimilar to many parts of Canada - and I reckon you don't get many people going nude there this time of year. I was rather hoping my post would encourage some nudists here to consider visiting Sweden because nudism here is very well catered for, the beaches are beautiful and uncrowded and the summers are glorious. As for my progress - of course I have made progress - and I'm glad I have. But as for actually going to a nude beach which has nude people on it - er...nope.

NaturismMark

But all Buddhists know that there are no accidents. Your subconscious led you there, it knew it is where you needed to be.
                              Neither my conscious nor my subconscious knew that it was a nudist beach.

You'll eventually become one of us, your own mind has been preparing you, why else are you here?
                              I'm already one of you - remember, you made me an honorary nudist years ago. I'm just a nudist who avoids nudity.

Stu

Comment

Working...
                              X