What happens when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when

Does anyone have any experiences to share about when "clothed" people found out you're a nudist. I suppose that for younger people it might be kind of difficult, and especially for kids that could be subject to teasing.

I've never heard much about this, so hopefully it's not a problem.

Yes!

Earlier this year I was touring New Zealand, Australia and south east Asia, I sent regular e-mails with photo's to all my friends back home.

I sent two types of e-mail, one naturist and one textile and to save time I deleted references to naturism from an e-mail then sent it to my textile friends, unfortunately I left a photograph of myself in a hot stream in the attachments and my ex-wife complained.

I sent an apology to all my textile friends just in case anyone was offended, all I received was e-mails of support and requests to carry on sending them, so I did.

Anyway its not as if the photograph was full frontal as my danglies were submerged in the warm waters of the stream which had a yellow hue to it further distorting the view.

So no most of my friends and former colleagues are aware that I'm a naturist and it saves me having to write two different e-mails now.

Pete Knight

Comment

Two things might happen: They keep their clothes on or they take' em off.

Comment

hasen't happened yet! never thought about this one. will have to wait and see what happens! not in any hurry here. as for me to be nude around others clothed would mean i'm not at a venue that supports being nude.

Comment

I would add one more "things happen: to nakedjohn's well put response, "they laugh then ask questions"

Comment

I don't go about bragging about my interest in nudism but I don't hide it either. One day in my office, a client made some comments upon seeing some marketing I had done for a nudist resort and (jokingly) asked if "I" could ever do anything like that? To her surprise, I answered with a resounding "yes" and added that I had been to the resort on many occasions! She was shocked and commented.. "but you seem so "normal".. how could you do something like that?" I briefly explained that it was a wonderful, relaxing and fun environment that was totally non-sexual. She had no idea and added that she thought nudist resorts were full of weirdos and perverts. I guess there are still a lot of people who have no idea what nudism is all about!

Comment

Well, I have a shirt from the Garden of Eden in Key West.

I wore it last week to the fair. This one girl in one of the booths asked me if the place was for real. I told her it did and was asked if it was illegal. I said no and explained to her that it was a completely non-sexual thing. She just said it was wierd.

I also almost got pulled aside from the religious people from one of booths.

Comment

Originally posted by xgsft:
                Well, I have a shirt from the Garden of Eden in Key West.

I wore it last week to the fair. This one girl in one of the booths asked me if the place was for real. I told her it did and was asked if it was illegal. I said no and explained to her that it was a completely non-sexual thing. She just said it was wierd.

I also almost got pulled aside from the religious people from one of booths.
                If religious people give you a hard time, there's an article on Wikipedia that lets you explain it to them in terms they can understand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_naturism

Comment

this subject came up one day while i was talking with a very good female friend. while she said she was not surprised she was intrigued. the subject hasn't came up sense & i don't know if it is wise to mention it or not.
                  stay nude and stay happy---I'm always happier when I'm nude---pahjo

Comment

Say I'm at a nude beach and a friend walks by but he is clothed. Who has the toughest explanation for being there?

Comment

Michjoe

They have the toughest explanation, because as I see it there are only 4 reasons that a clothed person would be walking around a nude beach:

A: They have a friend/loved-ones who enjoys it but they aren't down with getting nude themselves. Which is fine and also means they shouldn't have a problem with you being a nudist and don't even need you to provide an explanation as they know why you are there as they have other friends who are into it.

B: They are curious but haven't taken the plunge themselves, also fine and also means they shouldn't have a problem with you being there as they understand why you like it, even if they haven't taken the plunge yet.

C: They are there to gawk, in which case they have the explaining to do about why they are trying to walk around clothed to gawk at people who are having fun and minding their own business.

As for the original question, for a long time I was VERY secretive about the fact that I was a nudist. After some time I told a few very close friends and a few others who I knew wouldn't mind (people who I had skinny dipped with before, people who have done nude artist modeling or who I otherwise knew were cool with nudity) and after a while it started getting around. To be honest the secrecy was not so much about thinking they wouldn't accept me but more not being able to start the conversation myself as I felt it would make me different and I already feel different than most people who I know. Now that it's an open and known fact I have no problem talking about it. Even the people who would never do it themselves don't think any different of be because of it. Usually the first response to it is either "I wish I could do that" (and some of them HAVE come along with me after that) or they ask me (usually in order) the erection question and the "what about old fat people" question. In order my answers are:

Seeing naked people can be a little sexy and strange at first (just like seeing a string bikini girl for the first time after a long winter) but after a few minutes it's just as normal as that same string bikini girl on a regular day at the beach, it's totally normal

And I tell them that the type of people are just like any other beach/pool. The people run the gambit from folks who could be in Playboy/Playgirl to old & overweight, along with everything else in between, and that just like on a regular beach it's no big deal at all for anyone.

Comment

Reaction 1 - OH MY GOD EWWWWWWW
                        Reaction 2 - OH SNAP, YOU TOO? *strip*
                        Reaction 3 - *shrugs and keeps clothes on*

No one has ever "caught me", so to speak...but I found in my own personal experience that girls handle me admitting to doing as such sometimes WAY better and more maturely than any guy.

Comment

The day after I came back from eleven days at Turtle Lake Nudist Resort, I attended my church men's lunch at a restaurant. They asked me where I had been. I told them that I was at a nudist resort. One man laughed uproariously, thinking that I had made a great joking statement. I told him that it was no joke, but was for real.

All these Unitarian Universalist men were quite accepting of my trip, as they are all quite liberal thinking; mostly Naturalistic Humanists. The rest of the church members know of my nudism and couldn't care less, and some have been themselves nude on beaches in Europe.

Comment

Most of the time I get a No way! Are you serious? Where? Followed by a lot of questions about it. So far people that we have told end up saying that is cool but not for me.

Comment

"Say I'm at a nude beach and a friend walks by but he is clothed. Who has the toughest explanation for being there?"

I'd say the friend does.
                              Your nude at a nudist beach. So it's obvious you enjoy some level of nude recreation.
                              He's either a curious onlooker (Gawker) , or a pervert trying to get his jollies.

Most of the textile impared people I know that know I'm a nudist either say "I couldn't do it" or they are curious about it enough to ask polite questions.

One guy said he'd like to go so he could see "boobs". I pointed him to the nearest Mirror.

Comment

Working...
                              X