Laser Hair Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Hair Removal

I'm doing some research for my own edification on laser hair remvoal. I'm not trying to start a long thread on shaving, hair removal, etc. If anybody has any experience with this process and willing to share your experience with me, I would appreciate it. Please PM me - again - I am not trying to start another thread on hair removal! I just thought/hoped somebody might be able to share first hand experience. I have been researching it on the web and have actually scheduled a consultation with a dermatologist, but I'd also like to talk with somebody that has gone through the process! Thanks and cheers!

Would that be permenant removal? Would the laser leave a burn mark?

By the way, used to live in Westboro, you near there?

Comment

Yes it is permanent removal. Done properly, based on what I read, it would leave a temporary redness, but not permanent burn or scarring.

Comment

Do you live anywhere near Westboro ???

Comment

Originally posted by andy_ma:
          I'm doing some research for my own edification on laser hair remvoal. I'm not trying to start a long thread on shaving, hair removal, etc. If anybody has any experience with this process and willing to share your experience with me, I would appreciate it. Please PM me - again - I am not trying to start another thread on hair removal! I just thought/hoped somebody might be able to share first hand experience. I have been researching it on the web and have actually scheduled a consultation with a dermatologist, but I'd also like to talk with somebody that has gone through the process! Thanks and cheers!
          For what's it worth...I actually went to a laser hair clinic and had some "test hair" on my arm removed. I found the procedure more painful than I had expected. It was like a small shock that you get putting your finger in a wall socket. It also itched for two weeks! The test area was the size of the bottom of a mug and remained red for two weeks as well. I guess it depends on how much hair you have. I would compete with a bear, so that is it for me. I could never go through the process over my entire body. They offer numbing cream, but after experiencing it in a small way, I found it painful, ugly (very red and itchy for 2 weeks) and expensive if you had a large area to be treated.

Comment

I've had my back done a few times. I've also had my butt and legs done twice. I'd like to achieve a reduction of hair not complete removal. The pain is manageable. If the laser settings are too low and you are not feeling some pain, the treatment is not likely to be very effective. Too high for your skin type and your can be burned. You are trying to kill a hair follicle that is surrounded by nerves. No pain ...no gain.

A lot more information is available on a laser hair removal board.
            http://www.cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewforu...729ac132ddf38f6282ac

As far as costs, they vary widely. For example, a year ago I paid $700 for the butt/legs session. This winter, I found another place to do it for $350. My wife is doing her lower legs now. A four session package for $425. She will not be hairless after 4 sessions but the hair should be finer and less dense.

I'd be happy to try to answer questions, but the other forum contains a lot more information.

Comment

Paul,

Thanks a bunch for the link! I hadn't found that site. It's a wealth of information. I think at this point, the next step is to simply go to the consultation, ask questions, think about it, and see how I feel. Seemingly, it's a good alternative for me. Thanks again for the link! Big help!

Comment

Working...
              X