Do you hide behind a fake name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you hide behind a fake name?

Be honest. Are you a real person, or are you pretending to be someone else to cover up your identity.

If you are hiding behind a fake identity, I suggest you stop! I was for a while, but now that I'm more open, I find that this forum is a wonderful, accepting place to hang out!

Be honest. No one will be able to tell who voted for what.

Comment

Well, I have first vote, and I definatly put, "No, I'm not in hiding!"

Comment

Sure, but when I wrote an article for my website and posted it here, it became obvious who I was. I don't think it changes anything, except that I don't see a need to issue forth my public "real" persona at this time. I'm the same me, just with an alias name - like an email address.

Comment

Namedun.....obviously this is not my name

Comment

I am just like Ren about names. Trailscout is what I am, and it says more about me than the name I was born with.

Comment

Hiding, NO. Using my full Name, No. Why do I not use my name? Because of my employment. Let's just say that it is not that hard to loose a job these days. Thank You, George W and your Nazi Mentality.

Comment

Jon-Marc isn't my full name, but it is part of it. There's nothing I write about myself that isn't true, but then you've only got my word for that haven't you?

Comment

This is why I like when people have picture avatars... it's nice to have a "real" face to go with the name

I'm actually thinking about taking a new job offered at a rather prestigious place... and honestly I wouldn't change a thing - if I was "found out" why on earth would they have a problem with it? And if they did, I'd fight it. This is a part of my life I would never hide from.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Patx:
                    If you are hiding behind a fake identity, I suggest you stop! I was for a while, but now that I'm more open, I find that this forum is a wonderful, accepting place to hang out!
                    You mean your real name is "Patx"? How do you pronounce that?

Rikx

Comment

I would use my name "Peter " but somebody had already used it, so I decided to use the latin version. Since I retired, I don't mind who knows about my naturist lifestyle, but I would not indicate my surname in case I attract the attentions of a "nutter"!

Comment

I don't hide from anyone. Some time ago on another thread I posted my entire name and address.

No Barelybob is not my name, but Bob is.

Robert Troy Dodge, Shelton, Washington.

Comment

Idaho_Nudist isn't my name it's who I am. I use my nickname (Leo that is what everyone calls me) in all my profiles. I don't consider that hiding and if you ask me who I am I will tell you.

What I think is hiding is when someone doesn't take the time to fill out profiles and let ppl know a little about themselves.

Comment

well....Brit ain't my name its Ben but i dont have a fake ID, everything i say is the real me!

quote:
                            This is why I like when people have picture avatars... it's nice to have a "real" face to go with the name

Me too but at the mo i cant get a picture of myself, no camera......altho now that i think about it i could use the camera off my mobile phone lol. Anyway i quite like my avatar, think its cool

Hey namedun, i like the pic of Sephiroth for your avatar!

Comment

quote:
                              Be honest. Are you a real person, or are you pretending to be...
                              I'm a robot, built on Planet X and deposited here on Earth to confound unknowing Earthlings with Universal Truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X