Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Public nudity" appears as a Social Issue along with...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Public nudity" appears as a Social Issue along with...

Abortion, Suicide, Poverty, Unemployment, Illegal Immigration, Bullying and Prostitution; among others.

Can this be viewed positively at all? Is it better to have SOME press rather than NO press? Would you prefer "Public nudity" did not appear on this list?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_issues

~

Re: "Public nudity" appears as a Social Issue along with...

If they click on it, they get some pretty good information.

Comment

I regard public nudity, outside of certain limited situations where it is accepted, as a "social issue" and think it is right that it is viewed in a negative light. I have never met anyone who would argue that nudity is wrong per se or is somehow immoral, and that's certainly not my view. The issue arises when it is in a place where it is not wanted and it is likely to cause offence, alarm or annoyance - emotions which I do not believe most nudists seek to invoke in textiles but which the so-called "public nudity activists" are only to happy to inflict in order to make their point. That's why sincere and responsible nudists, such as those who contribute to this site, should distance themselves from the extremists, many of whom would never call themselves "nudists" anyway, and seek a constructive dialogue and compromises with the textile majority.

Stu

Comment

well, I checked out the link and the information was indeed informative and it kept me going from link to link and the whole time I did not see anything negative, just information about the topic of public nudity. And, whether or not we want to admit it or not, public nudity is a social issue. Think back to last year when congress had to convene to investigate Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction, GASP! Or just recently the trial in VA for the man accused of beind naked in his kitchen making coffee in the view of the lady peeping in his windows as she and her son walked by. Being nude in public is not accepted by a great numbers of our society and until it is an accepted practice it will be considered an "issue". I enjoyed looking at the information presented even though I usually do not check out Wikipedia because it is not always a reliable source of information, this time it seemed as though the topic was covered in a non judgemental way and could lead those interesed in trying nudism another place to get information about being naked and where some people do go to be naked and what it is about.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu2630 View Post
          I regard public nudity, outside of certain limited situations where it is accepted, as a "social issue" and think it is right that it is viewed in a negative light.

Stu
          Now let us all remember this when he denies being anti-nudist.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
            Now let us all remember this when he denies being anti-nudist.
            I said: "I regard public nudity, outside of certain limited situations where it is accepted, as a "social issue" and think it is right that it is viewed in a negative light." As I regard nudist locations and organised nudist events to be within the "certain limited situations", how does that make me "anti-nudist"?

I entirely approve of and support responsible and considerate nudism. I do not support public nudity activism, which has nothing to do with responsible and considerate nudism.

Stu

Comment

Working...
            X