Political afilitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political afilitation

This poll is an extention of the thread "COALITION FOR THE NUDE". Since the question came up about political affiliates, I think we should have a survey to see which political party is most represented here.

Be advised, this is not a poll that states "My party is better than your party". It's a simple survey for this forum, especially since this is an election year.

What is your political affiliation?

This poll is an extention of the thread "COALITION FOR THE NUDE". Since the question came up about political affiliates, I think we should have a survey to see which political party is most represented here.

Be advised, this is not a poll that states "My party is better than your party". It's a simple survey for this forum, especially since this is an election year.

What is your political affiliation?

Comment

Interesting poll, but I'm not sure how representative INA readers are of Naturism in the US.

A few notes:

Greenpeace is not a party, it is an environmental activist organization, but many of its supporters are likely to have an affinity with the Green party. Still many Democrats and even some Republicans are Greenpeace supporters.

It might have also been interesting to ask whether responders consider themselves as generally Liberal, Moderate, or Conservative. Those are old labels, and somewhat tortured today, but remember it was conservative Democrats that gave Reagan his majorities.

-Mark

Comment

Mark, I would agree that this poll does not accurately represent nudism in America as a whole. Most of the people I've met at resorts and on line have definitely been more Republican in their political affiliation. The only exception has been here at INA. Even here there is a fairly large presence of Republican nudists. But it is interesting why more Democrats congretate here than at various clubs and resorts. Couldit be that there are more "Home Nudists" here than elsewhere?

Comment

I have absolutely NO political affiliation or interest. I wouldn't trust a politician as far as I could throw an elephant. They are all pathalogical liars. It doesn't matter who is in office since they all have their own agenda and don't care about us "little people". Just an opinion.

Comment

And you bring up a good point. There is no choice for those that don't belong to a party.

There is also no Greenpeace party.

Comment

TXK, that's what I always assumed, that the parks are for those who are more conservative while the beaches attract the more liberal-minded. Just like the AANR attracts more Repubs while the INA attracts more Dems.

Bob S.

Comment

As I live in Australia, I can't be part of the poll, but I'm open about most of the important principles of my life.
                I'm a long-time member of the Western Australian Green Party, and affiliated with the Australian Greens, also I'm a member of Greenpeace.
                Most of my working life was spent in management, or self-employment, but I definitely support the principles of trade unionism.
                I am "freedom of choice" on such things as gay rights, abortion, marriage or de-facto, religion, voluntary euthanasia, and, of course, nudism.
                My family is multi-racial, both by birth and marriage, and I'm happy to live in a country which is, for the most part, comfortably multi-racial and multi-cultural.
                Perhaps someone could enlighten me as to where that would put me on the US political spectrum.

Comment

Rex,
                  The old liberal vs. conservative debate is inadequate to describe where people stand on the issues of life and government.

Try this simple quiz to see where you might fit in American society:

World's Smallest Political Quiz

Comment

Naturist Mark: Thanks for the correction. I did this poll on the spot, without "thinking" about it as a whole. Greenpeace is not a political party. I meant to state the Green Party. Hopefully others will adapt to my blunder. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Comment

Nice little test Trailscout,
                      It told me that I was a left Liberal and Libertarian. I voted Libertarian during the last election, mostly out of protest that Bush and Gore would not let Ralph Nader debate with them on Nat'l T.V.

I always knew that I was left of center, but I have voted both parties (Rep. and Dem.)

The main problem I have with Libertarians is their Isolationist attitude.

Comment

I just got a silly thought. Maybe I joined the Green party because the celts ore nothing but green dye when going into battle.
                        Bad humor, but maybe someone else is feeling silly, too.

Comment

Actually, some Celtic tribes wore a substance called Woad. It was bluish in color (ever see Braveheart?) made from a root, and is suppose to be alot like LSD.

I'll write more about this in another thread later. Or ask Doug H. He seems to be better at historical interests than I.

Comment

100% Libertarian and so proud of it.

Comment

Thanks, Trailscout, I got what I probably expected, 90% libertarian [personal], 60% libertarian [economic], with left liberal economic leanings.
                              With more than one third libertarian, and almost one fifth left liberal, it's not surprising that surveys usually come out so strongly in favour of social nudity being approved of by most people, even if they are not personally involved.
                              I've thought for a long time, nudists are lied to, lied about, unfairly disadvantaged, and generally treated disgracefully by the legal system.
                              On a lighter note, what did the Celtic men wear, when they went courting a lady?
                              The Wode to Woo in.
                              [In case this bit of English humour does not translate well into American English, the Road to Ruin.]
                              PS. In Australia, the Liberal Party is conservative, some members very much so. So is the National Party, which is usually in coalition with the Liberals. Our current Prime Minister, John Howard, would, I believe, be fairly described as VERY conservative on many issues.
                              "Left liberals" would probably vote Labor or Green, although many people probably vote for what they currently see as the lesser of the evils.

Comment

Working...
                              X