'How I got started' info from the Younger crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'How I got started' info from the Younger crowd

I'm trying to collect ideas for a series of short stories on the discovery of the clothesfree life. With all due respect to privacy and anonymity issues, these stories will be fiction. Could members of the teenage and college-age post, in general terms, how they got started and issues surrounding that, like parents, roommates, friends, etc.

For instance, from myself:
    Once when I was about 7, after watching a friend's 2-year-old sister be allowed to run around nude, I went up to my room after dinner to watch, in the nude, a game show on TV. I had left the bedroom door open, and my mother saw me. After a teasing comment, she let me be. Nothing was mentioned, but I didn't do it again. Fast forward to age 14. On a cold day in winter, I come home and go up to my room. For no particular reason that I remember, I closed the door and took off all my clothes. From there, it began. I never mentioned it to my parents, but they did respect the privacy of my bedroom. I've never mentioned it to nonnudist friends either.

Doug H.

I'm trying to collect ideas for a series of short stories on the discovery of the clothesfree life. With all due respect to privacy and anonymity issues, these stories will be fiction. Could members of the teenage and college-age post, in general terms, how they got started and issues surrounding that, like parents, roommates, friends, etc.

For instance, from myself:
    Once when I was about 7, after watching a friend's 2-year-old sister be allowed to run around nude, I went up to my room after dinner to watch, in the nude, a game show on TV. I had left the bedroom door open, and my mother saw me. After a teasing comment, she let me be. Nothing was mentioned, but I didn't do it again. Fast forward to age 14. On a cold day in winter, I come home and go up to my room. For no particular reason that I remember, I closed the door and took off all my clothes. From there, it began. I never mentioned it to my parents, but they did respect the privacy of my bedroom. I've never mentioned it to nonnudist friends either.

Doug H.

Comment

I got started in much the same way you did, i used to run around naked all the time as a child. My parents never said anything, and as i got older i grew out of it. I never was ashamed of my body, and all through high school whenever i would leave the bathroom for my shower i would walk back to my bedroom in the nude, and no one saw that as a problem. The rest of my family wasnt nearly as open as i was. So eventually i got older and as i discovered the internet i came upon nudism one time, and the idea of going around nude made me curious. So i read into it and one day when no one was home i decided to spend my time nude. I took off my clothes and went about nude, and it felt just normal for some reason. So long story short, i felt so relaxed and free when i did this, that i started doing it every chance i got. Through college i would do the same thing, i eventually started sleeping nude and hid my nudist activities when no one was home. I graduated college and got a place to myself and thats when i could first experience nudism on a full time basis, and i was hooked... i spent all my time at home nude from then on. Eventually i had to get a roommate to save money, but i still went nude when i could. And now i plan on enjoying my first social nude trip this spring hopefully.

Thats how i got into it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Here are some of my ideas that I've come up with myself.

High school friend visits another high school friend at her college for spring break. They go to a nearby nude beach.
        Two friends watch a toddler age sibling run nude around the house, then get the idea to try it themselves.
        Young person in Vienna for 'Junior Year Abroad' becomes friends with some local students who have a once/week afternoon get together on the Donauinsel, eventually as warmer weather moved in, go out to the north end, which is clothing optional.
        School age kid watches travel program on TV that features a destination that includes topless and nude beaches. Comes home from school the next day with homework, goes to bedroom, pulls out homework, and takes off clothes.
        Nudist family moves to new neighborhood. Kid makes a friend on the soccer team. Friend, after some discussion with parents, is invited to join the family for evenings and eventually weekends at camp.

Do these sound reasonable? Does anyone have anything to add to the list?

Doug H.

Comment

I think you were closer to the right track in your original post. Collect some stories, change names and locales, but not circumstances or relationships of participants. Make it "historical fiction" not "fiction". Otherwise it becomes fantasy not social commentary.

Comment

to Doug H, Why fiction? I should think you'd want true facts as to how people got started into nudism. Most (not all) people on this board are fairly anonymous so changing names etc should not be a big deal.

If you want true accounts ask for them. If you want the truth about getting started I'll contribute, but not for fantasy stuff.

Comment

I'd have to agree that true account stories would be more entertaining, as well as more convincing to a non-nudist to maybe give it a try. I was raised very modestly as a child, ao you can bet that I was a closet nudist from probably age twelve. I'd wait til my parents went out to the movies or whatever, and my pants were off by the time the taillights cleared the corner. I started sleeping nude during my teenage years after my Mom said that she couldn't believe that her sister slept naked, so that prompted me to ask "Can I try that?". I sometimes kicked out from the covers while asleep, my Mom would look in first to make sure I was covered and if not, she'd either knock loudly on the door until I pulled up the covers or she'd wake my Dad to go and wake me up. Her uptightedness about me being naked only served to push me to even bolder moves, teenage rebellion I guess. I began wearing only a Speedo bathing suit around the house after we got a pool. I would come home in the afternoon and immediately go to the pool wearing only the Speedo and then that was it for the day, no other clothes unless I had to go out. As I got older, I graduated from Speedo's to thongs to the tinyest of G-string suits that barely covered anything. Same story though, coming home in the afternoon (from work by this time) and spending the rest of the day in only a thong. So maybe I didn't grow out of the teenage rebellion stage, but my Mom wouldn't tell me not to do it 'cause she knew it would only provoke me to get even bolder. Looking back, I guess it was probably embarassing having her twenty year old son walking around the house in a see-through thong when company came to the house. Oddly enough, I got a lot of wise cracks and jokes but no one ever acted offended or disgusted, and no one ever wouldn't come back to the house after seeing me. Now I wish I'd made the next step back then instead of waiting until I was married and had my own place. Hidesight is 20/20 I guess.......

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by theoldman:
                [qb]to Doug H, Why fiction? I should think you'd want true facts as to how people got started into nudism. Most (not all) people on this board are fairly anonymous so changing names etc should not be a big deal.[/qb]

One reason for doing this as fiction is those dreaded legalities. Basically, if I write it from scratch, I can publish it. Keeps things simple.

Another reason is the oft repeated question is "What would it be like if society was more reasonable?" Why not write a book that shows soceity being reasonable? Why not show both nudists and nonnudists a vision of what "being reasonable" could mean? Being American, most examples of this are from outside the US. What if this could be presented in an American setting?

It may be a hare-brained idea from a business point-of-view, and as an awareness-raiser, a different approach from current practice. But why not?

Doug H.

Comment

Doug, I think your fiction idea is very interesting.

Here's another fiction piece about the opposite extreme from our current society:
                  link

Comment

Doug let the true stories inspire your fiction. OR (being a writer I like this idea better) have people write there own and send them to you. Then they have written the piece and that would solve some (but not all) of the copywrite issues.

I don't have the tale of running through the feilds nude with my brothers and sisters while parents were away at the Nudity is evil full body bathing suit store. Un like other nudist I was not born nude. I was born in a full spandex body suit with a wool knit sweater, work boots and a pair of snow pants. My parents were relatively immodest. My parents probably wouldn't have cared if I had been nude, it probably would have been better for me but alas I wanted to cry when my parents saw me in my underwear. Fastforward several years. i decided to give over my nude problems and ditch my shame. Thats why I am here! I will be some nudist thing soon. I just have to figure out what.

Steve

P.S. Don't use this for your stories. I could write you a far more detailed version. It's much funnier too :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X