Time Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Lost

Just want to pass on the time I lost or lost opportunity when I was younger. I grew up on a farm with 160 acres with 1/3 of it wooded and never took the change to explore it nude. I grew up in a non-nudist family where the norm was to wear clothes all the time. The times I would venture out of my room nude I was told to cover up. I was caught sleeping nude once and was even told not to that again. With 7 seven other sibblings I was the only one that wanted to nude if possible. I have mention that I have gone to nude beaches and parks but no one else in my family would dream of doing this. Now each time I visit my parents and see all the land- now sold I see lost opportunity with it. I guess that is why I try to be nude as much as I can now. Any one else out there with "what could have been" stories.
    Ray

Just want to pass on the time I lost or lost opportunity when I was younger. I grew up on a farm with 160 acres with 1/3 of it wooded and never took the change to explore it nude. I grew up in a non-nudist family where the norm was to wear clothes all the time. The times I would venture out of my room nude I was told to cover up. I was caught sleeping nude once and was even told not to that again. With 7 seven other sibblings I was the only one that wanted to nude if possible. I have mention that I have gone to nude beaches and parks but no one else in my family would dream of doing this. Now each time I visit my parents and see all the land- now sold I see lost opportunity with it. I guess that is why I try to be nude as much as I can now. Any one else out there with "what could have been" stories.
    Ray

Comment

ScubaRay,
      I grew up on an Iowa farm, and as a boy, I enjoyed running nude through the tall corn, skinnydipping in the cool creek and spending hours lying on a blanket under the blue skies and billowy clouds out in a pasture of grass when everyone else was gone from the farm. It's been more than 35 years. Several years ago, we sold a farm. For old times sake, I waded the creek naked and free for almost a mile, then walked naked through the open fields. Many farmsteads around were long gone from the scene so there wasn't much chance of anyone seeing from afar. That last walk was as much for nostalgia and enjoying the ambience of my youth as anything else. While growing up, I used to drive tractors cultivating corn or other fieldwork completely nude for long spans of time. Tractor fenders were shields. It was a grand feeling of breezes and sunshine on my adolescent skin. Once I fantasized that we should turn the farm into a naturist resort, but corn and soybean fields wouldn't much lend themselves to such a setting. Iowa remains a naturist wasteland -- never could muster a real landed club as far as I know. One of my greatest finds at an Iowa farm auction in 1980 were 55 issues of "Sunshine and Health" magazine starting with January 1943 and covering much of the 40s and 50s, and ending about 1961. They are so rich in detailing the idealism from those formative years of naturism.

Comment

Having grown up in Europe, and having been raised by a nudity-phobic mother, I missed not one, but several opportunities.
        The first one wasn't really my fault, though: at age four, my parents and I stumbled a skinny-dipping spot in Geermany. My father went nude, my mother chickened out; I followed her example. Had she not chickened out, I would have become a nudist at four.
        At age 16, I stumbled across another skinny-dipping spot; in France this time. I missed that opportunity too by panicking and running off behind bushes.
        At 19, my girlfriend expressed interest in sunbathing nude while we were vacationing; I dismissed it. Silly me.
        I guess that's why I became so "gung-ho" about nudism when I finally became one, at age 26.

Comment

I feel like I've missed more opportunities than I care to think about, including 80 private acres of almost all trees. I just hope I'm not missing them all any longer.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Nudony:
            Having grown up in Europe, and having been raised by a nudity-phobic mother, I missed not one, but several opportunities.
            The first one wasn't really my fault, though: at age four, my parents and I stumbled a skinny-dipping spot in Geermany. My father went nude, my mother chickened out; I followed her example. Had she not chickened out, I would have become a nudist at four.
            At age 16, I stumbled across another skinny-dipping spot; in France this time. I missed that opportunity too by panicking and running off behind bushes.
            At 19, my girlfriend expressed interest in sunbathing nude while we were vacationing; I dismissed it. Silly me.
            I guess that's why I became so "gung-ho" about nudism when I finally became one, at age 26.

where did your girlfriend go nude while vacationing ?

Comment

Yes, we all miss opportunities in life to do a lot of things we later wish we had tried. But it is far too sad to dwell on those things now. And too late to change them. It is much better to learn from our mistakes and go on with life today. Live each day as if it is your only one. Take every opportunity to do and be what you desire. Don't let others rob you of your self expression. A professor in college once told me we must "overcome the inhibitions to the free-flow of our personalities."
              Florida Cracker

Comment

quote:
                where did your girlfriend go nude while vacationing ?

She ended up not going nude because of my lack of support. That was France, at a lake in the southeast.

Comment

ScubaRay:

I think we all have missed many opportunities to explore the naturist/nudist life. With that awareness, we can only learn from the past and take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves now.

George Santayana said: "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Enjoy the opportunities as they arise now, ScubaRay and be happy in the moment!

Comment

Oh, I've missed so many oppourtunities to enjoy life more, but its just what I told my brother yesterday when I told him of my love of being nude, and finally getting nude around him, while we,I should say I, were Bareyaking on a creek, I'm not getting any younger, and time is flying by, and I'm going to do what I want and enjoy every single day of all my years left, if at all possible.
                    Nudeinbama

Comment

Working...
                    X