If you could give one thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could give one thing...

If you could give one thing to a hurricane victim, and at the same time, whatever you gave, you surrendered for yourself, what would it be?

I would give my clothes. Material things are easy to replace, but when you have lost everything, it's hard to figure out where to begin. It would be even easier if I lived in a nudist resort like Jon-marc .

In fact, now that I think of this, I am going to go through my closet and see what I can give!

If you could give one thing to a hurricane victim, and at the same time, whatever you gave, you surrendered for yourself, what would it be?

I would give my clothes. Material things are easy to replace, but when you have lost everything, it's hard to figure out where to begin. It would be even easier if I lived in a nudist resort like Jon-marc .

In fact, now that I think of this, I am going to go through my closet and see what I can give!

Comment

It almost sounds like a Jay Leno Headline.

"Nudist gives the shirt off his back for Hurricane Victim"

Now there's an Idea.
      An INA sponsored clothing drive.

Steve

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by nakednudists:

Thanks for the suggestion. We have a group of hurricane refugees now relocated at the Guard base close to my house. I just dropped off a box of clothes. I was wondering what more I could do.

Comment

i would give them food and water so they wont starve because thats the most important thing they need right now

Comment

Excellent idea, nakednudists. I know the Salvation Army will accept anything, including clothes, to give to the victims. I'm sure that will be the highest demand, behind the demand for food and water. Painful to see everybody walking around with only what they are wearing. Very sad.

Comment

Nudists probably put more importance on food than clothes, while textiles put the importance on clothes and food comes second in importance. I've heard of people placing themselves in danger of burning to death to put on clothes rather than run naked out of their home. What good are the clothes if they burn to death or end up with lung damage from smoke inhalation?

I suppose I could give my clothes. All I need is one each of T shirt and shorts, and one pair long pants and one long sleeved shirt. Of course, I don't have very many clothes since I got rid of most of them already. I only wear clothes about twice a week when I go out to buy food or do other things I can't do nude.

Comment

I think it depends Jon-marc...I don't think nudists or textiles put any importance on anything. I work in retail and I see alot of donations for food and water, more than you can possibly imagine. I chose clothes because it seems to be something that everyone has lost and is a distant second on the necessity chain behind food and water.

Comment

I have a large number of books. An escape is what a lot of thm need, especially the kids.

In fact, I have been considering what to give to. I may decide on a charity that will donate books to the kids or one that will help the school systems be better able to accomodate the influx of the children.

"Material things are easy to replace, but when you have lost everything, it's hard to figure out where to begin."

So true, nakednudists. A lot of people have only he clothes that they are wearing. Their livelihoods have been lost. No home, no job, no neighborhood, and no chance of going back for years.

They are truly lost.

Bob S.

Comment

One can watch the news and see the devestation and horror that has happened, and is happening. Yet you will never know the whole feeling of loss until you actually visit that area and see the people first hand.

I would like to give a future to those people who have none.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by nakednudists:

These people need so much, immediately they need food, water, medicine, dry clothes and medicine. Living so far away from the devestated area all I can really give is money; it would not make much sense to ship my old clothes so far.

If there was something that I could give these people would be hope for the future. It will be years before their houses are rebuilt, it will be years before there may be a place for them to work. I would like to somehow instill in them a sense of hope so that perhaps they can leave the South to areas where housing, jobs, school, food, and normality exist.

Comment

I would give them mine, and everyone i know who hunts guns, so that they can go hunt down all the rapists the murders and the pillagers who took advantage of a dasaster then do to them as they have done to others, as the saying goes, "an eye for an eye".

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Jennifer1:
                          I would give them mine, and everyone i know who hunts guns, so that they can go hunt down all the rapists the murders and the pillagers who took advantage of a dasaster then do to them as they have done to others, as the saying goes, "an eye for an eye".

You can't be serious? All an eye-for-an-eye mentality ever provides is a surplus of blind people. I take it you have never studied sociology; had you, you would understand (1) that guns only promote violence and (2) you would have an understanding of "the frustration/agression model." You might wish to do some reading

Comment

Working...
                          X