Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katrina info, etc. from the AANR office

From the desk of Pat Plumstead, Executive Assistant – [email protected]

We have as a community experienced yet another loss to our clubs and Friends of AANR in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. LA Pines Ranch, located only 45 miles from New Orleans, continues to be under water. The members retreated to safer ground. Unfortunately, Linda Piety owner of Running Bare B&B in Long Beach, Mississippi, told us that her Inn is no longer there.

Offers of help and support have come into the office in Kissimmee. Many of our clubs are holding hurricane relief efforts. Paradise Lakes (866-794-6683) set up a raffle for this Labor Day weekend. Bring a bag of basic living necessities, canned goods, toiletries and other essentials and get a raffle ticket to enter a drawing for a free one year membership. Caliente (800-326-7731) is dedicating this month’s fundraiser to Hurricane Relief. A collection box will be in their lobby with a measuring thermometer – let’s put it over the TOP! Sunny Rest in Palmerton, PA has “Operation Sunny Rescue” to collect donations to be sent to the American Red Cross. Their goal is $5000.00 and management will match 10% of the amount raised Labor Day Weekend. Contact Sunny Rest at 610-377-2911.

Riviera Naturist Resort (850-994-3665) in Pace, Florida, located in Florida’s panhandle is searching for members in Louisiana and Mississippi. Also, Sunburst Resort (850-675-6807) in Milton Florida tells us that they are trying to contact many of their members who live in the affected areas.

Many individuals and clubs have also called with offers of lodging and work. Please call the AANR office regarding these situations.

Kim Sottini of Paradise Lakes in her recent email used Sir Winston Churchill’s quote,

To build may be a slow and laborious task of years.

To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day.

Ruling Documents: At the end of the General Assembly 2005 many of the changes from the General Assembly 2004 (and all of the changes from 2005) went into effect. The AANR Bylaws, Procedure Manual and Official Forms have been updated and are available for download from the website, or if you wish an electronic copy or a hard copy, contact Nanette in the AANR Office.

One-Member, One-Vote: Remember that in 2006 our elections will be directly by the members. This process, however, begins right now with those who wish to consider office filling out a Nomination Form, getting the required endorsements, and sending it to the AANR Office. Nomination forms for Officer positions, for Club Trustee and for Member Trustee are available for download from the website, or if you wish an electronic copy or a hard copy, contact Nanette in the AANR Office. Or, if you have already downloaded the AANR Official Forms, they are contained in pages 10a through 16a of that document.

From the desk of Pat Plumstead, Executive Assistant – [email protected]

We have as a community experienced yet another loss to our clubs and Friends of AANR in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. LA Pines Ranch, located only 45 miles from New Orleans, continues to be under water. The members retreated to safer ground. Unfortunately, Linda Piety owner of Running Bare B&B in Long Beach, Mississippi, told us that her Inn is no longer there.

Offers of help and support have come into the office in Kissimmee. Many of our clubs are holding hurricane relief efforts. Paradise Lakes (866-794-6683) set up a raffle for this Labor Day weekend. Bring a bag of basic living necessities, canned goods, toiletries and other essentials and get a raffle ticket to enter a drawing for a free one year membership. Caliente (800-326-7731) is dedicating this month’s fundraiser to Hurricane Relief. A collection box will be in their lobby with a measuring thermometer – let’s put it over the TOP! Sunny Rest in Palmerton, PA has “Operation Sunny Rescue” to collect donations to be sent to the American Red Cross. Their goal is $5000.00 and management will match 10% of the amount raised Labor Day Weekend. Contact Sunny Rest at 610-377-2911.

Riviera Naturist Resort (850-994-3665) in Pace, Florida, located in Florida’s panhandle is searching for members in Louisiana and Mississippi. Also, Sunburst Resort (850-675-6807) in Milton Florida tells us that they are trying to contact many of their members who live in the affected areas.

Many individuals and clubs have also called with offers of lodging and work. Please call the AANR office regarding these situations.

Kim Sottini of Paradise Lakes in her recent email used Sir Winston Churchill’s quote,

To build may be a slow and laborious task of years.

To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day.

Ruling Documents: At the end of the General Assembly 2005 many of the changes from the General Assembly 2004 (and all of the changes from 2005) went into effect. The AANR Bylaws, Procedure Manual and Official Forms have been updated and are available for download from the website, or if you wish an electronic copy or a hard copy, contact Nanette in the AANR Office.

One-Member, One-Vote: Remember that in 2006 our elections will be directly by the members. This process, however, begins right now with those who wish to consider office filling out a Nomination Form, getting the required endorsements, and sending it to the AANR Office. Nomination forms for Officer positions, for Club Trustee and for Member Trustee are available for download from the website, or if you wish an electronic copy or a hard copy, contact Nanette in the AANR Office. Or, if you have already downloaded the AANR Official Forms, they are contained in pages 10a through 16a of that document.

Comment

This is the most terrible natural event the USA ever to happen.

In the words quoted above from Sir Winston Churchill, "To destroy can be the thoughless act of a single day" is actually the thoughtless act of years by building a city below sea level with only a most meager sea wall constructed.

We all know the possibility of class 4 and 5 storms can and will hit that or any east coast area. Yet the walls were made for only a class 3 storm. DUH ! The cost of such ignorance is the loss of thousands of our citizens and the total loss ot the 23rd largest city in the USA.

I can only hope we learn from our ignorance.

Comment

The one thing that strikes me right away is the failure of governmental agencies to respond with help IMMEDIATELY! They did so after the sunnami, why not take care of your own people? I think it is evident that no one in the US gov't has the feelings or the brain power to act when it is required unless someone leads them by the hand and tells them like one does a child.

Comment

Yes, the ball was dropped by many agencies. But the very worst ball to drop was the very first one of to create the levy to withstand a class 5 or greater storm in the first place!

THey discussed that when creating the levy but canned it for the expense. Now the expense is beyond imagination in loss of life, human suffering, and add collaterial loss on top of that. Just a terrible bunch of stupidity from the very beginning !

If rebuild is in the offing, then the levy needs to be reconstructed FIRST, and made to be what it should have been in the first place !1

Comment

This is about the third or fourth topic on hurricane Katrina and it's massive destruction that has been brought up here, and each time, the discussion turns into a political affair.

Why can't we, as naturists, nudists or whatever we are, just leave the politics aside and discuss the destruction and try to comfort those who need help the most.

Moderators, please do your job and moderate. I hate to sound so mean, but why does topic after topic turn into a political fiasco? Especially topics about the hurricane?

I believe we are grown up enough to know when the time is right to bring in politics, but this is certainly NOT the time.

I feel better now.

BTW, thanks Cheri for the information that you posted. I have already donated and I feel great.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by nudeM:
              This is about the third or fourth topic on hurricane Katrina and it's massive destruction that has been brought up here, and each time, the discussion turns into a political affair.

Why can't we, as naturists, nudists or whatever we are, just leave the politics aside and discuss the destruction and try to comfort those who need help the most.

Moderators, please do your job and moderate. I hate to sound so mean, but why does topic after topic turn into a political fiasco? Especially topics about the hurricane?

I believe we are grown up enough to know when the time is right to bring in politics, but this is certainly NOT the time.

I feel better now.

BTW, thanks Cheri for the information that you posted. I have already donated and I feel great.

I wish we could try to comfort those who need help the most without discussing politics but it's impossible. People are dying because of inaction by our government.

As citizens, it's our duty to demand results -- and answers if we don't get results.

I get the feeling that this government has a "let them eat cake" attitude.

I have been listening to the streaming broadcast of WWL radio. A few minutes ago a man from St. Tammany Parish - one of the harder hit areas - reported that people are literally starving to death because their provisions are exhausted.

His last words =

"Where is the Red Cross? WHERE IS OUR GOVERNMENT?"

The massive effort - commitment of troops that were pledged today -- SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLEDGED FIVE DAYS AGO. Domestic troops should have been placed on alert last weekend before the storm struck. We knew of the storm's magnitude, the potential dangers, and while we didn't know exactly what would be needed, we would be five days ahead of where we are now.

If the effort had begun THEN, in advance of imminent danger, hundreds or thousands of lives would have been saved.

nudeM, we live in a free society. We have the obligation to ask WHY when people are dying unneccesarily.

If your family was in the affected area and no help was forthcoming tonight (Saturday) -- I'm sure you wouldn't be saying "let's not talk politics, ok?"

This IS CERTAINLY THE TIME TO BRING IN POLITICS. We must assess what is going wrong with the rescue effort, and why it was delayed.

If we don't, more will die that could live. If the politicians in Louisiana didn't yell and scream, even less would have been done by our federal government. I, for one, am not going to let the federal government off the hook on this one. And neither should you.

And now we know - if something like Katrina should come up again - we MUST assess the mistakes that were made in the emergency management. The next time it could be in your part of the woods or mine.

Why did Bush just fly over the damage on Tuesday? Was he afraid of something?

I will be donating.

I do not feel great as long as people continue to die.

Please don't ask the moderators to squash criticism of our government.... criticism of our government is one of the reasons this country IS fabulous.

Comment

This is not the topic to be discussing the political remifications of Katrina. It seemed to have been moved to "Bush Bashing" in the Open Forums.

Maybe we just need a politics topic down there just as there is a sports topic. And just keep all political talk concentrated in that one area.

Do not talk about the politics here in the Misc. forum. It is the wrong place to do so.

Bob S.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Bob S.:
                  This is not the topic to be discussing the political remifications of Katrina. It seemed to have been moved to "Bush Bashing" in the Open Forums.

Maybe we just need a politics topic down there just as there is a sports topic. And just keep all political talk concentrated in that one area.

Do not talk about the politics here in the Misc. forum. It is the wrong place to do so.

Bob S.

Bob

I do not see you listed as a moderator for this group.

If a moderator were to move the topic, or ask that the topic be stopped, fine, I will comply. I am a guest here.

When I hear a man from St. Tammany Parish talk about people starving to death because the government isn't paying attention -- I think Americans starving in America due to government inaction and indifference is not off topic - ANYWHERE.

But I will not stop discussing a topic because another member doesn't like the way the conversation is going.

Regards
                  UL

Comment

There are already (too many) political discussions going on on these forums. We don't need another. Let's keep this thread on the topic of Katrina and her effect on our nudist friends in LA.

Comment

lurk, I am a moderator.

"Let's keep this thread on the topic of Katrina and her effect on our nudist friends in LA."

Doug, let's not forget Mississippi and Alabama. They were hit hard, too.

Bob S.

Comment

quote:
                        lurk, I am a moderator.

"Let's keep this thread on the topic of Katrina and her effect on our nudist friends in LA."

Doug, let's not forget Mississippi and Alabama. They were hit hard, too.

Bob S.

I don't see your name on the moderators' list, thus my comments.

Comment

On the top of the main forums page, there is a list of names of who is online now. The names of all moderators are in bold. Mine is one of those.

I'm sorry if you didn't know. No harm, no foul.

Bob S.

Comment

If someone have a need - I may offer ME as a building carpenter, electrician, plumber, plasterer, car mechanic, painter or many other jobs for about one year term (of course without of valid American licence allready ready), together with wife what can make the easier watching or cleaning jobs.

The life in the house-wagon is quite satisfactory and hopefuly such wagons are not very expensive to buy by own. For my moving is needed over the month of time because I have to form a visa and travel other side of Planet.

Sorry that I am not able to offer those jobs costfree, but I can be about quarter (or more) cheaper as American worker for similar skills.

P.S. my mail is [email protected]

Comment

quote:
                              On the top of the main forums page, there is a list of names of who is online now. The names of all moderators are in bold. Mine is one of those.

I'm sorry if you didn't know. No harm, no foul.

Bob S.

Did not know -- because due to some bug, your name does not appear at the top of THIS forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X