Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Life for nudists in Pasco County is good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life for nudists in Pasco County is good!

Saw an interesting article in the Orlando Sentinel newspaper this morning. Wanted to share. Go to:
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-mnu...l=orl-home-headlines

Saw an interesting article in the Orlando Sentinel newspaper this morning. Wanted to share. Go to:
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-mnu...l=orl-home-headlines

Comment

I had a read of the article and one auspicious factor common to all these types of establishments was clearly evident.
      That being they only require a particular type of clientele which is affluent middle class, being clearly indicated by the high fees charged and the median age and status of the residents. I would imagine that no indigenous, disabled, low income earners, dark-skinned people or young nudists would be found on their membership or residents lists.
      Regards. John S.

Comment

Forget naturists for a minute. Where is there a resort of any type, with enough amenities to make it attractive to those who don't want to camp in a tent, that doesn't need to charge a significant daily fee?

So, yes, I think you're right that the clientele are likely to be middle class—-but that's true of any of the nicer resorts. The sad truth is that the truly poor don't take vacations; they can't afford them.

Part of your statement is confusing to me, so I'm not sure if I'm reading it the way you meant it. You seem to imply that "dark-skinned" people or young nudists wouldn't be welcome, which is certainly not the case at the places that we go. We see some of both those categories, but not so many. Naturism doesn't quite seem to fit with the African American culture, and young people seem generally to prefer to spend their money elsewhere.

Speaking of the idea that young people can't afford to pay reasonable resort prices, obviously some can't but many could if they wanted. Just look at the statistics concerning what young adults spend on music, entertainment, and designer clothing. Go to Disney World, which is TRULY expensive, look around, and see how many young adults are there.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by John Spooner.
          That being they only require a particular type of clientele which is affluent middle class, being clearly indicated by the high fees charged and the median age and status of the residents. I would imagine that no indigenous, disabled, low income earners, dark-skinned people or young nudists would be found on their membership or residents lists.

I live in Pasco county just a couple of miles from the major resorts. You will indeed find disabled, dark skinned and young nudists here. A great many of the members are indigenous/locals. And many are in the working class as well.

It is true that Paradise Lakes and Caliente are oriented toward affluent clientale. However, Lake Como Resort is a much less expensive and more laid back family oriented establishment.

Comment

quote:
            Caliente officials, like others in the industry, say they're selling the nude lifestyle, not sex. But the resort has a distinct, if subtle, sexual vibe that is absent from Lake Como.

The club, for example, offers $600 "intimacy retreats" for couples looking to "explore and enhance their love relationship." It hosts "Naughty Nighty Fridays" and, according to the resort's Web site, includes mirrors on the ceilings of its hotel rooms.

I'm disappointed once again..... now it is becoming public knowledge that Caliente has a "sexual vibe".....I think of the future of that resort and try to perish the thought.

But the article overall was good

Comment

Plenty of complaints go to deaf ears and eyes at AANR over $$$$. They could easily and anonomymously send someone from Kissame for the weekend to see for themselves, but they won't and don't want to loose anymore clubs than they have fibbed about for 6 - 10 years.

Just today at the top of this post/thread a pro nudist Pasco county nudist article in the Orlando Sentinel [First post in this thread] has the boiler plate template from AANR that hasn't changed in over five years:

[Quote (ANNR)- Orlando Sentinel - Pasco's claim to fame: Nudist capital of U.S.]
              quote:
              According to the American Association for Nude Recreation, nude tourism grew by 75 percent during the 1990s and is now a $400 million industry. The association has more than 50,000 members and nearly 270 clubs, resorts, campgrounds and other facilities.

Surly the nude industy & $400 million they keep estimating has changed. The clubs they call facilities [some are non-landed] actually have been in a decline to the low 230's today. AANR membership has steadly declined to below the 50,000 they keep quoting. It's doubtful that nude tourism can top the 75% increase of 90's.

It's strange a resort/club in Texas can get de-sanctioned by AANR for having an adult non-nudist event for one weekend day of the year, and otherwise have a pretty standard family nudist resort 363 days of the year, and yet AANR's eyes and ears turn the other way for the trendy, adult themed, upscale adult nudist resort known as "Caliente" that get attention and interest from the public and media. Caliente is not the typical family nudsit resort that AANR promotes. Why do they turn their heads to possible late night explicit sexual activity, and a night club adult place to be in the evening? $$$$$$$, tax base, and trendy example of what the efluent, and younger want and frequent today and the resultant promotion for nudism that ANNR seem unable to do these days.

Can Caliente do without AANR sanction and certification. Sure, their established, trendy, making profits, and will continue to do well without AANR.

Can AANR do without Caliente? Well yes but they won't have a darling, talked about trendy adult nudist plase to promote to the younger crowd, and they would not want to continue to loose members, clubs, and promotion to nude resorts and social nude recreation. So they just turn their heads and go on trying to promote declining membership and sanctioned clubs.

Comment

After reading the posts above, I'm wondering WHY the Ponderosa Sun Club was banned from this website. It's true they have a once-a-year "tittie show". But the only reason is to off-set the costs to their members. The other 99% of the time it is a very family oriented club. Their facilities/grounds/security are excellent. If Caliente can enjoy AANR/TNS sanctions, why does Ponderosa get kicked out?

Just my two cents. Rick

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by sliver:
                  ........ If Caliente can enjoy AANR/TNS sanctions, why does Ponderosa get kicked out?

Just my two cents. Rick

Perhaps Caliente has the membership and brings in the $$$$ and advertising rights to AANR. Perhaps Ponderosa is too blatant about bringing in adult entertainment 'stars'.

Comment

Working...
                  X