Your significant other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your significant other

I got bored, so I decided to create a poll...
    Would you date a non-naturist?

I got bored, so I decided to create a poll...
    Would you date a non-naturist?

Comment

Actually, Kristin, had I thought of this question first, I would have made it a 2 part question. I would date a non-naturist and try to get her to try naturism. I would not marry a non-naturist. I did marry a non-naturist, but I wasn't into it then. I'm not presently married and not looking, but I am hoping to meet someone, but she will HAVE to be a naturist. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Kristin: Interesting poll. I think there are a lot of nudists whose signifcant other is not, and it seems to be the wife who is not interested. Just checking out the posts, the males seem to dominate. Is it because the males like to "play" on the computer more? Maybe so. It is possible that there are many more women out there who are nudists, but don't find the time to participate in these forums, but we will never know.

When I attend a nudist beach, I do notice there are a lot more males than females. So maybe this is the answer to your poll. Seems that the significant other (wife) is not interested in participating in nudism. I do know of a female who is a nudist and her husband is not, but I would say this is a rare occurance.

I myself, am the only nudist in this household, and my wife is becoming more and more accepting of it, but she rather me not to be nude in front of the kids. So, just to keep the peace, I wear a robe while inside, but during the summer, I'll be nude outside all the time, and she knows this.

To make a marriage last, if the significant other is not interested in nudism, then I think a compromise would be in order, such as my situation. I don't think that nudism should be a forceful issue, meaning, I don't think the significant (male or female) should be pushed into participating. In order to make a marriage successful, and the wife or husband is not a nudist, then I think the nudist should make all arraingements to be nude whenever it is accepting to the non-nudist, even if it means attending resorts or beaches. A true loving relationship is when all parties are able to compromise a deal to keep a marriage stay together. Abandoning a spouse over nudity alone, is not an answer. It just adds to more trouble down the road.

Comment

Basically I hate wearing clothes so my most successfull relationships have been with nudists but I am quite happy to go out with a non-nudist that is comfortable with me being naked and going to a nude beach. My current companion is a non-nudist, but she does hang out nude around the appartment, will occasionally strip down on the boat and rarely wears a suit in the hottub, so she is almost a nudist. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Sounds like your companion is a nudist, not in title...LOL.

I am still hopeful that as my wife gets older, she will appreciate her body a little more and realise that it might not be that bad to give nudism a little try, somewhere quiet perhaps.

As for if we ever parted - I would rather date a nudist and if she were not, I would hope that she would let me 'do my thang' and let any kids have a choice.

Brian.

Comment

Close, the key is that she is accepting of nudity. I really could not see myself with a partner not accepting of nudity as I am just more comfortable nude. My friend just is not comfortable being nude in public, like a nude beach. She occasional joins me on Wreck Beach but always keeps on bottoms, which is a shame as she has a nice bottom. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry, voted wrong. I voted that I would not,that he/she would have to be a nudist.

Actually, I would DATE a non-nudist. I think I would be more open and honest from the beginning and tell them I was a nudist. If the desire to continue dating after I told her then I would suspect that she may be interested in trying nudism.

I am one of the very fortunate ones. I am married and my wife has converted to an 80%er as we jokingly refer to it. She is not a 100%er, she says, because she likes the weather warmer when she's nude. Me...nude every minute I can be. Regardless of the weather.

So , yes I would date a non-nudist but I don't think I would marry one. I love this lifestyle too much to either give it up or go through the mountains of arguments, discussions, etc. etc. all over again to try and convince a person to try something I feel so strongly about or to have them dismiss it.

Naked at the computer! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I can't believe that two people actually said they would give up being a nudist for "true love". Personally, I don't believe there is any such thing as true love, but I suppose that's because I've never found it, and time's getting short for me at nearly 57. I HATE clothes and LOVE being nude. I would NEVER give that up for anyone, which is why I will more than likely never find "true" love if there's any out there. Of course, my belief is that "true love" is accepting of you as you are. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Im one of the ones that voted for love over naturism as I feel that loving and being loved by that special person is the greatest feeling we can achieve on this Earth. It would be ideal if that person shared your naturist beliefs but there is so much more that you can share. I truly hope everyone can find their " True Love".... It took me 45 years [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the question has a serious flaw because there are many people who are comfortable with nudity but don't call themselves naturists or nudists. Any nude beach will prove this to be true. Most of the nude people there don't want to use those terms.

I would not date someone that would not be comfortable with nudity. Quite frankly I'd have to change my whole life if I did because I spend a lot of my social time at those resorts. I'd be lost! LOL! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I am a nudist so therefore I am naked most all of the time,all of my friends, neighbors and family knows this and have seen me naked many times, I make no excuses for my nudity and I would love to be able to go about my daily routine naked in public even if it meant that I would be the only naked person there, so Im saying that to say this if I were to be introduced to someone who did not know me previously I would most likely be nude at the time we were introduced. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

wow, i did not know how to answer this one. i would think it would be hard to marry someone who did not share your nudist beliefs when you got married. in my case, my wife and i love each others body and love to expose it to each other. we weren't really nudists when we got married, although we had been to a nude beach together. we were always naked in the house, we just did not think about considering ourselves nudists. due to our kids, we are now realizing how "prude" other families are about nudity of children. our first son was naked most of his first 3 years in life as he would run around the house naked (less cloth diapers to clean). we have only recently defined ourselves as nudists (i prefer naturists as we are only acting naturally) so that we can clearly indicate to ourselves that we are going to raise our children with nudity in mind. so i am blessed to have a true love and sheloves to be naked with the family. i wish all of you the best with your spouse, especially the young ones who already know that naturism is The Way.

Comment

Working...
                          X