Quotes from Fiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quotes from Fiction

I sometimes find passages in fiction that speak favorably about nudity or naturism.

In Ray Bradbury's short story, Sun and Shadow, the character of the policeman makes some memorable remarks about nudity:

"What do you mean?” asked the cameraman. “He’s as naked as a rock. It’s immoral!”
    “That man is doing nothing immoral. He’s just standing there,” said the policeman. “Now if he were doing something with his hands or body, something terrible to view, I would act upon the instant. However, since he is simply leaning against the wall, not moving a single limb or muscle, there is nothing wrong.”
    “He’s naked, naked!” screamed the cameraman.
    “I don’t understand.” The officer blinked.
    “You just don’t go around naked, that’s all!”
    “There are naked people and naked people,” said the officer. “Good and bad. Sober and with drink in them. I judge this one to be a man with no drink in him, a good man by reputation; naked, yes, but doing nothing with this nakedness in any way to offend the community.”

I sometimes find passages in fiction that speak favorably about nudity or naturism.

In Ray Bradbury's short story, Sun and Shadow, the character of the policeman makes some memorable remarks about nudity:

"What do you mean?” asked the cameraman. “He’s as naked as a rock. It’s immoral!”
    “That man is doing nothing immoral. He’s just standing there,” said the policeman. “Now if he were doing something with his hands or body, something terrible to view, I would act upon the instant. However, since he is simply leaning against the wall, not moving a single limb or muscle, there is nothing wrong.”
    “He’s naked, naked!” screamed the cameraman.
    “I don’t understand.” The officer blinked.
    “You just don’t go around naked, that’s all!”
    “There are naked people and naked people,” said the officer. “Good and bad. Sober and with drink in them. I judge this one to be a man with no drink in him, a good man by reputation; naked, yes, but doing nothing with this nakedness in any way to offend the community.”

Comment

Usually any written comments towards nudity in books or stories are more sexual than naturist. Is good to get positive exposure absent of sexual undertones.

Comment

In a book by Gary Paulsen for young people called "The Island," a teenager swims out to a rock in a lake and goes nude. There is a whole passage about the great feelings he has about it and the awakening that results from his nude experience. In fact, he repeats the experience several times throughout the book. In case you don't know, Paulsen is a very popular writer for teens who wrote "The Hatchet." In that book the main character goes skinnydipping everytime he goes swimming.
        Florida Cracker

Comment

Working...
        X