Nude as a form of dicipline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude as a form of dicipline?

Just wondering if anyone has come across this, for example child misbehaves and is diciplined by being made to go nude.

its something i came across on another forum. To cut a long story short, this teen guy posted a tale of having discovered nudism and told his parents they responded by hiding all his clothes and forcing to go nude all the time (for about a week i think it was), whether he wanted to or not. This included a sleepover at a friends house and a family gathering.

It was not entirely clear if this was truly a punishment for wanting to be nude, a test by the parents to see how serious he was about being nude, or them giving him what they thought he wanted. Neither was it clear whether the tale was fact or fiction, since there were a lot of inconsistencies in the storytelling.

However it did get me thinking whether there was some basis of fact in the story and wondered if anyone had any experience of nudity used as a diciplinary tool, either first or second hand. If it has happened to anyone, what was the effect - did it make the person a nudist or put them off for life?

Just wondering if anyone has come across this, for example child misbehaves and is diciplined by being made to go nude.

its something i came across on another forum. To cut a long story short, this teen guy posted a tale of having discovered nudism and told his parents they responded by hiding all his clothes and forcing to go nude all the time (for about a week i think it was), whether he wanted to or not. This included a sleepover at a friends house and a family gathering.

It was not entirely clear if this was truly a punishment for wanting to be nude, a test by the parents to see how serious he was about being nude, or them giving him what they thought he wanted. Neither was it clear whether the tale was fact or fiction, since there were a lot of inconsistencies in the storytelling.

However it did get me thinking whether there was some basis of fact in the story and wondered if anyone had any experience of nudity used as a diciplinary tool, either first or second hand. If it has happened to anyone, what was the effect - did it make the person a nudist or put them off for life?

Comment

At my youthood I had one russian family next floor over me, with very despotic granma and keen to hooliganing boy. That family very often used a tactic to lock in the dresses to be sure this boy will keep a penalty to not go out to play with a street companies. I remember well he was completely clothesless jumped out in a window and boys was happy to play with him brand naked while their moms hour later invited a police so that was big theater to see it all happening. Yet this worked on me just as a kind of sweet dram to try the same - yet I was relatively `good boy` which never are penalized in such way. I bit envied him. Sad to tell, later he became a heavy druncard and at last overdosed drugs at age of 19. We buried him long ago. But his sister became a very famous slut. Only I wonder, seems until today she is not infected with HIV what about 50% of sluts are.

Comment

The original post sounds like fiction to me. What family who is upset about a son wanting to be nude would direct public and family disapproval at themselves by sending that son out into public without clothes?

Having said that, I also think it's pretty hard to think up a bizaare, inappropriate punishment that hasn't been tried somewhere sometime.

Comment

Johny, it seems the world over, that the psychotic, overbearing, over-disciplining of children yields bad, tragic results. Some children miraculously recover/escape with a happy life, but most do not.

Unfortunate that nudity would ever be used as punishment... I talked with a woman once whose husband, believe it or not, would steal or hide her clothes so that she could not leave her home all day. This is his lame attempt to ensure she would not cheat on him (she seemed like a great woman, who would never consider cheating anyway). Eventually, she got used to it and came to enjoy her nudity. Now divorced, she seems happy, is an official nudist, frequenting resorts and exploring other endeavors in life.

Comment

i've heard of it being used for kids who are fighting against being potty-trained. you know these kids, the ones who know what to do but still prefer to use their clothes as a toilet. basically, the parents say, "fine, you messed your pants, you're not getting a different pair to put on." unfortunately, i don't think it works too well. kids that age are more than happy to run around wiht no pants on, as i'm sure we all know.

Comment

OK so clearly for us nudists to use nudity as a punishment is considered wrong but if you forget/ignore the punishment slant to the story how do you feel about it then? As perhaps a kind of self imposed no clothes experince rather than a dicipline tool. Would you want that experience?

I suppose if you looked at ithe story from a textile or 'anti-nudist' veiwpoint then maybe you could see the story in a different way. If you were bought up to beleive being nude was wrong and you hated the thought of being nude, then having your clothes taken away for a week would be a pretty effective deterant for doing something wrong. Of course for a nudist of someone who wants to be one then the opposite would be the case. loosing your clothes would be a dream come true! Not an effective dicipline tool.

i suppose for nudist kids you could turn it around and punish misbehaviour by having to wear clothes! You'd run the risk of making them a textile but in some cases might work?

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by kphoger:
                i've heard of it being used for kids who are fighting against being potty-trained. you know these kids, the ones who know what to do but still prefer to use their clothes as a toilet. basically, the parents say, "fine, you messed your pants, you're not getting a different pair to put on." unfortunately, i don't think it works too well. kids that age are more than happy to run around wiht no pants on, as i'm sure we all know.

kphoger describes a situation similar to what is happening at my home, only it is not "punishment" but actually a simplification, removing the underwear/diaper not allowing the child a means to wet himself, he is forced by circumstance to use the only other means of relieving himself "the toilet". we have introduced underwear on several occasions with limited results.(still thinks it's a diaper) until the child comes to hate being wet he will not stop wetting his pants. so it's back to basics... focus on "listening to our body" use the potty. when the child shows discipline in this area we cannot move on. but it has never been thought of as a punishment. as a matter of fact he rather likes streaking around the house

as it is he is showing a lot of progress, the technique seams to be working. we will continue to introduce underwear on occasion to see if he continues to discipline himself the way he has or if he gets lazy and wets himself.

Comment

I can understand using nudism as a potty training tool, but I do not think that it should be used as any other form of punishment.

My parents were friends with a couple who had young children (2 daughters) before I was born. When company was over and one of the girls would act up, the mother would make her remove all of her clothes in front of everyone, then stay naked in her room. The girl would cry and scream while removing her clothes since she was obviously embarrased. My mother hated being present while this was occuring and said it could only be described as a form of abuse.

Needless to say, the girl has since grown up and is a mess. She has been jailed for prostitution, has lost custody of her 3 children, lives in the housing projects, and is battleing a drug problem.

I'm not saying that her 'naked punishment' is the sole reason for her downfall, but the abuse from her mother (there were other punishents) has to have contributed.

Comment

Heavy duty....yeah, I would consider that kind of forced embarassment to be abusive.

Anything, even water, if taken in the wrong amount or in the wrong setting can act as poison. (i.e. renal failure)

In these cases, it seems nudity has been used as an element of harm. That's sad.

Comment

It's sad that the most of innocent things can be used in an unjust way.There are two sides to every story and not everybody believes the same things.But as parents we need to reconize extreme measures whatever they may be.Like the old saying goes "Too much of a good thing isn't good".Depending on the childs mindset he/she can resent it or embrace it.

Comment

I knew couple of parents using a JOB as kind of punishment. Do You think their children grew a very diligent people?? Nope, them formed as last lazy creatures ever seen. I suspect the same model may go even with using nudity as punishment to child.

Plus in adittion. Nowadays children are widely far more educated as their parents themself about CHILDREN RIGHTS. And save a God from that if one`s children will tick at the right door about their parents are sexually violent against them. Afraid such parents will long time not see a Sun other as checquered through a steel checks.

I am sure the rights for a job the same manner as rights to a nudity must be DESERVED, them must be a gratuity, reward.

Comment

Last year, we discussed a similar topic in [URL=http://clothesfreeforums.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3400016152/m/7610011083?r=4080073383#4080073383Forcing a child to go nude: tough love or child abuse?[/URL].

Clam mentioned a mother who made her son mow the lawn naked. Before that discussion, in an even earlier topic (I don't know where it is here) there was a story about parents who took their daughter's clothes away from her at night to keep her from going out after curfew.

Andy, your story does not sound feasible. I doubt he would have been allowed outside to go anywhere, especially to the friend's house for a sleepover. But the punishment is akin to the idea that a father who catches his son smoking would force him to smoke the whole pack until the teen got sick.

For the most part, I would tend away from nudity as a punishment. Although the example I used above regarding a way to keep a teen homebound during the night may be fine. Nudity should be linked with positive experiences, not with punishments.

Bob S.

Comment

If its a true story, it sounds sick. I am sure it is made up.

Comment

Working...
                            X