Nudity in cartoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudity in cartoons

Does anyone know of any positive examples of nudity in cartoons, not just nudity used for shock or comedic value.

Does anyone know of any positive examples of nudity in cartoons, not just nudity used for shock or comedic value.

Comment

The Bare Pit and Loxie and Zoot are great comics that promote nudism.

Comment

Ranma 1/2 sort of counts. Partial nudity is sometimes casual and sometimes comedic but not sexual.

Comment

The film "Kirikou and the Sorceress" did:
          www.kirikou-lefilm.com/

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by NudeDen:
            The Bare Pit and Loxie and Zoot are great comics that promote nudism.

That's true, but I meant more along the lines of animation.

Comment

Here is something I found from one of my favorite anime, Dragonball Z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBJmqBuvRIU&search=naked

Comment

Here's another one from The Boondocks. First here's a little back story about the show. Boondocks is based off of the comic strip of the same name. It stars 10 year old revolutionary Huey Freeman (that's his picture in my avatar) and his little brother Riley, two black boys that are adopted by their grandfather and moved to the suburbs against their will.
                Anyway, on to the reason for this post. In the first episode it shows the grandfather working out in the nude to a Billy Blanks infomerical ( because its cheaper than buying a DVD )

Comment

I love the Boondocks. The satire and commentary is always sharp and the show is entertaining. As far as nudity everything is pixilated.

Comment

Take a look at this human rights site in Brazil:
                    http://www.dhnet.org.br/redebrasil/
                    It starts with a flash animation featuring the site's macsot, an Indian who wears what's tradicional for Indians here, which is nothing.

Once the page opens you can see him seated in front of a computer. He still hasn't dressed.

(The site is run by some good people, on the side of the angels in a difficult struggle.)

The popular children's comics author, Mauricio da Souza, has a character called Chico Bento, who lives in the country. He and his friends regularly skinnydip, and are drawn from all angles when they do so. Other characters will occasionally be shown in the shower, etc., and not always from the back or covered in suds. Here's one Chico Bento strip in English (not one in the creek, though)

http://www.monica.com.br/cookpage/cookpage.cgi?!pag=ing...ics/tirinhas/tira309

There was even a Disney comic some years back that had Huey, Dewey, and Louie Scouting around the country with an Indian boy, who didn't wear anything and was drawn in detail. (Disney's local partner, Editora Abril, has their own cartoonists to "localize" the characters. The same team of animators also did the Italian versions of the Disney comics.)

Cheers,
                    Caipora

Comment

I don't know if this one counts, but ClothesFree TV had it in one of their Nudes in the News shows, where they showed a lot of chaste nudity in TV shows.

It was the episode of Rugrats where Tommy decides he doesn't want to wear clothes anymore. He managed to get Phil and Lil (the twins) involved, but their mother freaked out and rushed them from the house.

It doesn't quite end on a good note for nudism, but Tommy's grandpa, who was giving a speech for some reason, held him up and announced proudly "This is my grandson."

This was one of the old episodes, before they were "All Growed Up."

Comment

I'm not sure if this counts, but here goes. It comes from the greatest cartoon of the 80's, Thundercats. In the first episode, they didn't wear clothes, because they didn't need to on their home planet.

Comment

Working...
                        X