The top reasons why we think clothes stink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The top reasons why we think clothes stink

I hate clothes because of those painful marks they leave, the belt that's too tight, and those group labels.

I hate clothes because of those painful marks they leave, the belt that's too tight, and those group labels.

Comment

I hate clothes because I'm terribly claustrophobic and they constrict my entire body. I've always been a "shirtless dude" whenever possible because a collar around my neck is VERY uncomfortable for me - and this has led to an interest in complete clotheslessness.

Comment

All cothes are somewhat constricting, in one way or another, and since I never wear drawers, this is or can be uncomfortable sitting or driving, besides all that I love to be nude.
        Nudeinbama

Comment

1. Because clothes make SOME people self-conscious w/ lables, having to match.
          2. Clothes can be expensive.
          3. When you're washing them, you have to pay attention to the directions on the lable.
          4. Dry cleaning.
          5. Ironing.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Comment

My problem with clothes is actually the symbolism attached to them:

Those with suits think they're superior, those with uniforms think they're stronger, those with brand names think they're cooler; those in tight, revealing clothing think they're sexier.

Too much ego going around with clothes.

Comment

all great answers.

Another one is time and water waste, having to wash all those clothes, lost time doing the laundry (except sheets, towels, etc. of course), then folding, and the wasted water. ... especially the insanity of swim suits - serving no purpose whatsoever: you get them wet in the pool only to dry them off to carry it home, and then wash them?

The other big time eater is daily dressing and undressing: You get up and have to decide what to wear to work, take the time to put on the clothes...
              get home, take off the clothes and find clean gym clothes, put those on. Come home from the gym, take off those sweaty clothes, shower and find your clothes to go out to meet friends for dinner. Come home later that night ... and "Oh man, time to do laundry again tomorrow already"

--s

Comment

I think clothes stink because they give you an outward appearance that has nothing to do with how you look naked.

one of my office co-workers told me this, and thier not a nudist.humm

Comment

Excellent answers.
                  I'm glad I started this topic.
                  Hmm, I hate the laws of clothes- "can't white after labor day", that only certain types of apparel combinations get you into certain cliques.
                  Annoying.

Comment

I actually like clothes. I just don't feel we always need them. But something that stinks is the fact that a label doesn't mean a label. I can't just walk in and base it on a waist size anymore because everything is different. I've had 32s that are loose on me and 32s that I couldn't even pull on.

Comment

I look worse IN clothes than I do out of them.

Comment

Clothes are just one more high maintenance item, work !

Comment

It is not that clothes stink, It is that they give a false image of the person. I am a nudist and enjoy being myself, If someone wanted to know me. ( the real me, ) I am no different clothed or nude except that I am at peace with myself when nude ) then they should understand that I am a nudist. And will only wear clothes which can be seen, take my shirt and dress or work pants off. And I will be bare *** naked.

Doug

NUDE WHEN POSSIBLE, CLOTHED UNDER PROTEST

Comment

Clothes stink do to perspiration!!!!

Comment

ah, naturush, you beat me to it

Comment

Working...
                              X