Clear All

quote:
    Originally posted by KEN 108:
    [qb]--------------------
    SAVE THE EARTH!!!....It's the only planet with chocolate![/qb]
    LOL LOL LOL

Comment

Hey Jon-Marc,
      Don't let the bastards grind you down. Even some of us gay-guys think you're alright. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Jon-Marc: You are one of our devoted regulars who
        actually do contribute in a "positive" way to
        this forum. Frankly, I wish we had more like you.

Comment

Jon-Marc: Don't let the S.O.B. get the better of you. I have read many of your posts, and even though I don't agree with you some of the time, we do share one thing in common, just as everybody else does. We all say want we want. There are many others out there whose opinions are regarded very highly and some of those whose opinions aren't worth the time of day. But, IT IS these opinions that keeps this forum going. Without the opinions of others, this would definitely be a boring place to be.

Keep up the good work, and don't let anyone chase you away. As stated previously, your input is, indeed, very enjoyable to read. Stick around and stay with us for a while. Thanks

Comment

Hey Jon-Marc!!

Please forgive me for not replying sooner, I just read your message (yeah, I'm a little behind!) and had to reply.

You are not boring. In fact, you are one of my favorite posters. Glad you didn't let that little jerk run you off.

PS...Great pic!! Hope someday I get enough nerve to post one too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

If I set my life by what ONE person says, I would be cowaring in the corner and not living my life as it should.

Steve

Comment

Gamblefish,
                Thanks for the kind words. You have been one of the most encouraging people in the forum. I don't believe I'm any more opinionated than any other person. I will try in the future not to repeat myself too much. However, we get new people all the time who bring up old questions to which I reply. My same answers seem to offend that one person. Another person thinks I'm prejudiced because I base what I believe on what God's word teaches.
                Steve,
                It's not a matter of setting my life by what ONE person says about me. That was just one asinine opinion of one specific jerk. However, I wanted to know what the majority thought about what I write. I'm a person who won't stay where I'm not wanted--unlike Stu.

The majority of the people who responded were encouraging. That was all I wanted to know. No one can expect to be liked by everyone--particularly when you start voicing beliefs contrary to someone else's. No one likes to be disagreed with--except those who enjoy debating. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

jon-marc, you are great, not only do you have good things to say, you don't seem to repeat yourself and you keep your thoughts short and too the point. i need to vote for you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you, florida-david. I try not to use more words than I need. The really looooooong posts get very boring very quickly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Dear Jon,

I couln't have said it better regarding some of the veeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy loooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg gg posts that some seem to go on and on and on and on.....forever... These also tend to be the ones I skip entirely...I was taught in College if you can't state your point in the first few lines, you will lose your audience...most of those who tend ramble on...have been very successful with me...come to think of it, I can't seem to remember the last time I actually read the posts entirely...that is how boring they have a tendacy to become [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Greensunshine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Jon-Mark I still think you are one of the better contributors to the board.
                        It is hard to not let some jerk ruin your day with off the wall comments when they should have kept their mouth shut. Evidently these people are a universal problem to society. I've noticed others in the forum come under attack even if they are trying to be helpful.
                        As for long post by some, I too regard them boring and usually skip over them also.
                        Theres my two cents worth.
                        Jerryg

Comment

Jon-Marc, I agree with Bart, Sojourner, Florida-David, to name a few, who attest to the pleasure of reading your posts. Do not allow the opinion of "one" to guide you down the wrong path, you are a valued member of the Forum and "your" opinions "are valued" by many of us. Your rich heritage offers us many things to consider and we thank you for them. The person who wrote annonomously to you probably just got up on the wrong side of the bed or had gas. Who knows, but remember that you are a good man and a valued member of the forum. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Jon-Marc,
                            I too am one who is easily hurt by personal attacks. I have had problems in my life as we all have, and it hurts to have even one person voice their dislike for me.
                            I came to this forum looking for like minded people that could understand what it's like to want to enjoy life nude. To compare experiences and learn about places to go where I would be accepted.
                            I have learned alot in the last 2+ years. Both things to do as well as things to avoid.
                            You my Friend are at the top of the list of people I would put my trust in. You are also included on the list of fellow forumers I would someday like to meet.
                            Keep posting.

Steve

Comment

All right, it's time for me to give my accolades to you Jon-Marc. I agree that you are one of the more patient members on this board. And you bring a unique perspective to everything. And don't worry about having to repeat yourself. You aren't nearly as bad as I am. And you keep your messages short [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

But there is one thing I want to say to you. A prejudice is a prejudice, no matter if it comes from ignorance, religious belief, or cultural bias. What is more important, however, is how you treat others, especially those with whom you disagree. And in that respect, I believe that you are fulfilling your Christian duty.

Bob S.

Comment

I thank you all for the many kind words. It's unfortunate, though, that some people consider religious beliefs based upon the Bible to be "prejudice". I guess that means that all those who preach against sin are prejudiced. Jesus was definitely "prejudiced" because He called the Pharisees and Scribes "Hypocrites". He even told them they were of their father the devil.

I try to treat all people the same. We're commanded by God to treat everyone the way WE want to be treated, and I do that. However, we are NOT commanded to accept behavior that we know is not accepted by God.

I have often had to apologize to someone for something I said and regretted saying. I have no problem with doing that when I'm wrong. However, my beliefs are NOT wrong. I do NOT apologize for those.

Comment

Working...
                                X