Question--I Need to Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jon-Marc,

According to my dictionary, the Oxford Essential Dictionary; American Edition:

prejudice: 1. a. preconceived opinion b. bias or partiality.

In my view, prejudiceness is neither good nor bad. It is how one deals with their prejudices that matters most. You have a preconceived opinion regarding homosexuality. So what? It would be bad if you extended that to the person. I have some preconceived opinions regarding PETA. I don't like them! But I don't attribute any of the evilness that they do upon the individuals until I meet them.

You can't escape being prejudice about things, especially when you only have one POV. You can escape acting negatively on those prejudices. Two entirely different things.

I hope this clarifies things. Prejudiceness is a neutral, and necessary part of us. The term has merely been corrupted by its overuse in the realm of civil rights.

Bob S.

Comment

OK Bob, I understand your point and agree with it. However, the word "prejudice" is always thought of as a negative, offensive, and harmful attitude.

I really don't like being called prejudice simply because I believe some things (according to God's teachings in the Bible) are wrong. For me if God says it's wrong, it's wrong. If there's nothing specific in the Bible about it, it's up to each individual to decide for himself unless laws say it's illegal. Some laws, however, are outdated and need to be removed.

I am kind to EVERYONE, even to those with whom I don't agree. I'm a Baptist; one of my best friends in the past was a Catholic. We got along very well despite having a very friendly debate once on the differences in our beliefs. We were still good friends afterwards. That was in the Air Force, and I have no idea where he is now.

I do not have to approve of someone's behavior or lifestyle to treat them with respect. That's the Christian way. God loves all people, but he does not approve of everyone's behavior. That's why He wrote the ten commandments. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Jon-Marc,
        I have agreed with many of comments and have some times said so. I must confess, am one of those that don't state my feelings very often cause I don't think it much matters what I think. But then again if it is some thing that I feel; strong enough about I WILL state my mind.
        Your doing great, don't stop now.
        Steevo Here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi jon-marc.
          Don't leave us I enjoy all your posts and wisdoms.Like others have mentioned if this person doesn't want to read your post DON'T! This person can exersise the same right as watching tv, if you don't like the show turn the channel. If your don't like whats in the paper put it down. If you don't like the book your reading throw it away. I guess my point is this person only need to exersise his right by not reading your post, plain and simple! But you also have the right to continue to post and I hope you do! People like this should remeber the old saying, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT SOMEONE DON'T SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a GREAT day and we'll talk to ya later.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Jon-Marc:
            [qb] I recently received a private message from someone in these forums who said I am boring, and he was tired of reading the same things over and over that I write.

My question is, and please be truthful: How many of you agree with him? He asked me if I don't have a life. Actually, no, I don't. I get some encouraging private messages from people here which I greatly appreciate.
            I agree that everyone repeats. It seems to be a human habit to be annoyed by someone else having the same fault we do. I'm new to this board, but it's okay with me for you or anyone else to repeat. I do, too.
            However, if I'm too boring to the majority, I will go away and not bother anyone here again. I didn't realize that I was all that boring. If it's just the asinine opinion of an ignoramus and not the opinion of the majority, I will just ignore him. Please let me know. I don't want to be where I'm not wanted. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [/qb]

Comment

I did something wrong, again !
              What I wanted to say was, I agree. We all repeat ourseves at sometime or another. It seems to be a human trait that we are most annoyed by something we do ourselves too often. I'm fairly new to this board, but You seem to be posting some interesting things, and some folks are also new to the board.

Comment

Jon-Marc,
                Please don't leave the boards just because one one person who was mean and hateful. I look for your coments when i get on the fourms cause i enjoy reading what you have to say. I always learn something new. If you have gone, please come back!!!!
                Deb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by nurse2b:
                  [qb] Jon-Marc,
                  Please don't leave the boards just because one one person who was mean and hateful. I look for your coments when i get on the fourms cause i enjoy reading what you have to say. I always learn something new. If you have gone, please come back!!!!
                  Deb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [/qb]
                  Jon-Marc hasn't posted in this thread since February, and hasn't posted anywhere in the forum since July 16. I also haven't seen him at Turtle Lake for quite awhile. I think he may have moved, he was planning to move from Michigan to Georgia as soon as his home sold.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by naturistmark1:
                    Jon-Marc hasn't posted in this thread since February, and hasn't posted anywhere in the forum since July 16. I also haven't seen him at Turtle Lake for quite awhile. I think he may have moved, he was planning to move from Michigan to Georgia as soon as his home sold.

-Mark [/QB]
                    Mark, I think nurse2b must have seen Jon-Marc's name listed like I did last night. Not only was his name listed as a user being on, his profile and everything was the same. Unless someone else is using his name and picture. (No this is not a joke). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yes, I was very surprised to see Jon-Marc's name in the "Visitors on Line Now" section yesterday.

Maybe he is now on line in Georgia, at long last, and just has not changed his profile yet listing his new location.

Comment

Glory to God, How ever YOU believe!

Jon-Marc, as a Christian you must not turn away, did Daniel turn away in the lions den! If all the Christians are run out of the church then who will live there. I know, with prayer, the strenght and support we all need at times will come from God. There is no burden given you can not support with the help of The Almighty God.

We have exchanged in the BB and I believe while you should and will stand up for your convictions. I will stand with you and everyone else as I believe we all have the right to believe as we so choose. For me by the grace of God every sole shall walk the path they choose! I have and you have defended everyone's right to live and speek free, and I will still fight to defend our freedoms.

God Bless and Keep Us All

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And may we all live in peace!

Comment

Bravo Jon-Marc...Glad to here from you again...You were really missed....Best wishes for your future...Outdoorbare [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Jon-Marc....welcome back!!!!!!

Remember prejudice has, IMHO, it's roots in ignorance and a closed mind. Sometimes repetiton is necessary to inform and open the mind. If I remember correctly some of my posts were very repitious, to the point of boredom.

Anyway....welcome back....

Comment

Very well put Jon-Marc... and I don't I blame you for not wanting to post anymore, HOWEVER... it will certainly be a loss to the board, and I hope you can bring yourself to at least come around from time to time. There ARE people on here that respect one's right to disagree.

Either way, I wish you peace...

Comment

People disagreeing is normal, but mature people disagree in a mature manner. Face to face people scream at each other, with neither hearing or listening to the other. In forums on the Internet people hide behind their anonymity and feel safe in verbally attacking others by name calling and belittling. They call it "disagreeing" and wonder why others get upset and even leave the forum "simply" because someone "disagreed" with them.

There's a big difference between saying "I don't agree. I see it another way although I could be wrong" and saying "I am right--period!" In case no one has noticed, I have often used the words "I could be wrong", because I'm not infallable. Only God is. Some people, though, come across with the impression that they believe they are always right and couldn't possibly be wrong about anything. My dad and second wife were like that. Both of them constantly criticized me, and I couldn't say or do ANYTHING right in either of their eyes.

I believe I am right in what I believe based upon the Bible which I believe to be God's written word. However, I could be wrong even in some of what I believe. Maybe I was told wrong, or maybe I myself misinterpreted something I read. Unlike some of the people in this forum, I try not to judge and condemn others as I used to do. With age comes a little wisdom.

Comment

Working...
                                X