No announcement yet.

Question--I Need to Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome back Jon-Marc [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Looking forward to hearing more from you all all topics. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

welcome back jon-marc!! although i disagree with you on many of your religious beliefs, i think i was not one of those who said something to purposely harm someone else. i hope my words were not the ones that you found offensive. i truly missed your incite and kind words especially when answering the newcomers questions on this site. i also strayed from the site recently because it seemed to be getting wierd, but i was not able to put my finger on what was going wrong. i'm glad to see you are back as we often need your wisdom to guide us to clearer thoughts....

Comment

Jon-Marc it's great to have you as an addition to the forum. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] I for one don't want you to leave. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img] I look forward to reading more of your future posts.

Comment

Jon-Marc: On behalf of the INA forum..welcome back! It's nice to have religious convictions but lets's all remember this board is for discussion of naturism pure and simple. We do provide a separate thread for religious discussion as it relates to naturism. Everyone please feel free to use it.

Comment

WELCOME BACK!! Jon-marc. I enjoy your posts & hope you'll be a "regular" again. I've said it many times & many places that Religion & politics are two subjects that unless you & whoever you are talking to thinks like you it's going to be a disagreement & probably a nasty one at that. I think that this evident in the religion section of this board.

I certainly am not putting you or anyone else down for having your beliefs. I've got mine as well & a lot of people don't think the same way, but a lot of my friends, as do I, respect the view points of others. It's too bad that everyone can't be more accepting of others, but that unfortunately is not the case. Nudity itself is an example of ignorant prejudice causing rediculous (spelling?) restrictions.

What's that Latin phrase? Non corrundum illegitimae I think.

So, in short stick around, most people on this forum are accepting of different viewpoints, and for those that aren't just ignore them. Maybe pity them as well.

Comment

Thanks oldman,

I've enjoyed reading about your nude childhood, and I've envied it. It's too bad all children can't experience a nude childhood with the blessing and protection of their parents and other adults. Your family has certainly done it right as far as body acceptance is concerned.

I wrote an answer to Bartamus's reply, but either it didn't get posted, or it was deleted. I can't deny my religious beliefs, but I try not to be offensive with them. Some people are offended if you simply say the name of God other than as a cuss word.

When I was 15 and not yet a Christian, another teen asked me "Do you believe in God?" We were in wood shop at the time. I cussed him up one side and down the other, using every four letter word and a few others in my vocabulary. Everyone including the teacher just stood there and listened. It was so quiet in there except for me ranting and raving. No one said anything to me about that incident. That's the way some people, as I did, respond to any mention of religion.

Comment

Jon-Marc, let me give you a cyber hug! You have been sorely missed here.

The biggest problem with discussing religion is that no one is wrong. Your belief system is so personal and so ingrained in who you are that for someone to debate it is akin to debating your very existence.

You are always welcome here. Stay a while, take your clothes off and chill if only for a while. Friends are never a burden.

Bob S.

Comment

So a cyber kiss is out of the question, Jon-Marc? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] How about just settling for a Hershey's kiss. Get the dark chocolate, they're better for you!

I think it would be better if people prefaced their ideas with "This is what I believe" as opposed to stating it as if their beliefs were fact. That's where things get touchy.

As for stopping people from criticizing, that won't happen, nor should it. Criticizing ideas is fine as long as it doesn't extend to the person. Disagreeing with another's beliefs is expected.

Bob S.

Comment

Bob,

Actually, you said a "cyber hug" and not a "cyber kiss". I said I would accept a "cyber hug".

Maybe I'm just overly sensitive. Growing up on criticism as I did and never hearing anything positive all through my childhood and teen years, I tend to dislike criticism. The way I see it, if someone is criticizing someone else's beliefs, they are criticizing that person since he is what he believes, but then that's just an opinion.

Comment

jonmarc, I haven't been here for a while, I to got trashed, oh well, I always thaught of you as an honest poster. I had no plans of replying or adding my none spellchecking view, but you are a corner stone here you need to stay. Great to speack to you again, I'll be checking you guys out from time to time, but I don't plan to add or as some would say subtract, but I will licen, oh there goes the spelling again. I really had to bite my tonge tonight. I'll be a silent vigilanty. You BELONG HERE, stick it out. later man.

Comment

Riverrat,

At the risk of sounding like I'm criticizing, I got a kick out of all your misspelled words. Did you do that deliberately? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I've decided to stay out of any religious arguements, or discussions about homosexuality, since all I do is get criticized for my beliefs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I tried to stay away, but there's not another forum anywhere that's halfway interesting. I registered in two other forums. One rarely has anything new posted in it, and the other never does.

Comment

PS from the rat let me know when I'm running out, corey or one of the staff, by the way I'm still thinking about what we talked about earlier. All you old timers stick it out, it's a fun place to be, most of the time. Later the RAT.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Jon-Marc:
                            [qb] Riverrat,

At the risk of sounding like I'm criticizing, I got a kick out of all your misspelled words. Did you do that deliberately? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I've decided to stay out of any religious arguements, or discussions about homosexuality, since all I do is get criticized for my beliefs. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I tried to stay away, but there's not another forum anywhere that's halfway interesting. I registered in two other forums. One rarely has anything new posted in it, and the other never does. [/qb]
                            Bud, no I just never learned to spell, I'll be here from time to time, stick around , we can still enjoy this site. Later the rat

Comment

Hi there, RAT, we've missed you around here. And, hey, you spelled every word correctly in that last post, even the word "site," which many of the good spellers often get wrong! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Welcome back. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey, Riverrat. Don't worry so much about what others put out negatively. This wouldn't be much of a forum if it didn't have such a diversity of opinions. Your opinions have the same weight as anyone else's on this forum. There are some here that seem harsh in their responses. Just remember they are merely stating their opinions the best way they know how even though they were not raised to respect others.

Comment

Working...
                                X