Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you (or would you) deal with a gawker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyndiannaked,

I mostly agree with what you say but do you know how many teachers who have Summers off go to nudist beaches? I have met so many and they do have to be careful as they have to maintain a 'pure' image. Gee, if everyone with a sensitive job stayed away from nudist beaches then the beaches would be deserted. You are respectful with a camera and that is wonderful. I was not talking about the casual picture taker but someone who comes with the pure intent to sneak photos of nudists for very harmful pruposes. Nudists have also removed film but then again you are seizing and destroying another person's property ie the film which is technically illegal too. Another thing that I mentioned previously that is also illegal is to be nude on a beach where nudism is illegal. Personally I do not condone destroying anyone's camera and I have educated some to not go up to nude strangers and snap photos of them as if they are some animal exhibit at a zoo. Once educated, most will understand. To be clear, the people that I am talking about are those who will keep returning to the beach for photos even after they have been warned and even had their film seized. I do understand nudist frustration on this topic and do sympathize with the nudists.

Comment

Actually, being nude at Black's Beach is covered by the Cahill Policy so it's not totally illegal.

http://www.bayareanaturists.org/cahill.html

And yes I sympathize but it doesn't change the law. When they sneak pics it's just not breaking the law. Going to a public place means accepting the consequences that goes along with it and that includes those secret cameras.

There are plenty of clubs in California that those who need to hide can go and hide.

Comment

Black's Beach is not fully legal. What complicates Black's Beach situation is that three seperate jurisdictions cover it - state, county, and UCSD. The present open part of Blacks Beach really sits in legal limbo land and has since the 1970's. Today it is not a 'legal' nude beach with all of the protections that such beaches have. The issue of 'not totally illegal' is used to 'allow' the beach to continue as is. The San Diego council 'accepts' Black's Beach but has not presently legalized it. It is pure game playing. What would be best for that beach along with others is to make them state recognized legal beaches and end the legal limboland. As for sneaking photos, we can not generalize here as each case is different. Many people who go to nude beaches do not want sneak photos taken and will resist as they should. Depending on the situation, it can be very much against 'a' law if those photos bring financial or other harm to an individual. People have brought such cases against the sneaky photographers and so sneak photographers are being challenged in court. In a court case, common sense also applies and logical arguments are based upon forming common sense conclusions as well as basing on former legal precident. Nudists have rights too.

Comment

I agree with Cyndiannaked on this one I do believe if any place in California qualifies for the Cahill policy this is the one. I know the lifeguards put up the saw horse signs out that say, nudity prohibited beyond this point, to indicate the start of the city beach and deter the more adventurous nude beach goers. But even so there is a mile or so of beach to walk on before you hit the rock formation that is the traditional end of the nude use area so even without signs the regular users know where you can be nude and where you can't.

Comment

You know, this debate reminds me of the Janet Jackson--paparazzi topic. Privacy, freedom of photographers to take pictures, and public places.

If you want to confront a photographer, the best thing to do is to get a group of the men to confront him. "Nicely" suggest that they look at the pics he has taken. Anything on there that is objectionable to certain people could be erased.

He could then "nicely" be told the rules of the beach and "asked" to leave and never come back. What most of them need is a scare.

Bob S.

Comment

Or... I could hit him with the shinai that is in my hands!
              <-----

(just joking)

Comment

Guys with cameras on a nude beach taking pictures of nude people aren't thinking with their brains.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Jon-Marc:
                  Guys with cameras on a nude beach taking pictures of nude people aren't thinking with their brains.

Would it be OK if the people were clothed versus nude?

Comment

quote:

On the contri Jon-Marc, I think they are, but which one? You know what they say about men, God gave us two brains and only enough blood to feed one at a time

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by NudeAl:
                      I agree with Cyndiannaked on this one I do believe if any place in California qualifies for the Cahill policy this is the one. I know the lifeguards put up the saw horse signs out that say, nudity prohibited beyond this point, to indicate the start of the city beach and deter the more adventurous nude beach goers. But even so there is a mile or so of beach to walk on before you hit the rock formation that is the traditional end of the nude use area so even without signs the regular users know where you can be nude and where you can't.

The Cahill policy allows for toleration of nudity on the state portion of Black's beach. It does not legalize it or give full rights to nudists. The state always reserves the right to ticket for mere nudism. Initially when the south end of Blacks was closed to nudism there were no orange markers designating the end of the nude portion of the beach. People were confused as to where the nude beach ended. At Muscle Rocks at the north end of the beach, only the regulars knew exactly where the beach ended for a long time there was nothing other then a small metal post. People would often wander beyond this post and get ticketed.

Comment

If I remember right the California State Supreme Court has ruled that mere nudity, by itself, isn't against any state law. In order for it to be prosecutable under a charge of indecent exposure it must be accompanied by lewd behavior. Of course they could try a charge of disorderly conduct etc.

Comment

Al, do you have any idea as to why the nude beaches in Santa Barbara are tolerated one Summer and then the next the sheriffs come to issue tickets right and left. You never know what will happen from one Summer to the next up there whether the beach be Moore Mesa or Summerland or any of the others.

Comment

quote:
                            On the contri Jon-Marc, I think they are, but which one? You know what they say about men, God gave us two brains and only enough blood to feed one at a time

LOL!!! That was pretty funny!... Anyway, It is really sad that some people are so perverted like that. I really hope that God will help them. I also hope that they find other, better ways to spend their time with.

Comment

quote:
                              Al, do you have any idea as to why the nude beaches in Santa Barbara are tolerated one Summer and then the next the sheriffs come to issue tickets right and left. You never know what will happen from one Summer to the next up there whether the beach be Moore Mesa or Summerland or any of the others.

So glad you asked old man. Yes, I suspect it is due to the political climate of the day. In fact it may even be due to the A$$hole in charge. We, San Onofre, had a sherrifs deputy that was issueing out citations for mere nudity at the max rate a while back. He was on a personal crusasde because he was offended by mere nudity, so he said. After a hundred or so phone calls to the sherriffs office he was re-assigned to another location, we haven't had a problem since. Local law can supercede state or federal law. That is what I expect is happening up north in that region.

Is the local beach community oraganized? I mean do they have a network in place and are they tied to a national network like NAC or TNS for support? The only way we maintain the gains we have earned over the years is to be political and to band together when we are under attack.

Comment

quote:
                                Originally posted by MJ_KC:
                                quote:

Would it be OK if the people were clothed versus nude?

Why would they be interested in photos of clothed people?

Comment

Working...
                                X