Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you (or would you) deal with a gawker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:
    Originally posted by Jon-Marc:

Why would they be interested in photos of clothed people?

Hey, some people are just twisted!

Comment

There was a ranger assigned to Black's Beach years ago who was also very anti nude. He would stand on top of a big rock on the beach and announce over a megaphone that everyone was breaking the law and was to get dressed immediately. He was eventually 'reassigned'. Returning to the gawker issue, I have been told that back in the '70's when the beach was legalized by the city council, there were so many more people including families. Gawkers were overwhelmed back then. Currently, compared to days gone by, attendence is not what it used to be and so the gawkers do stand out much more.

Comment

It would be nice if they could return to the legal status they had pre 1978 or so. I think if the matter were put on the ballot again it would still be a toss up. A nude beach is often a persons first try at social nudity. For some that's all they want. Quite a few eventually gravitate towards the clubs and Resorts though because it is a more controlled environment and they don't have to worry so much about the whole gawker issue. However is see far more young people out at the nude beaches than I do at the clubs and resorts. The tough part is getting them to give those things a try. Unless they bring their own group it is hard to find enough young people to hang out with. Something I think resort owners should look at is all the groups that like to participate in Burning Man. I'm sure there are local groups that would be interested in something like that in their area and it may just bring in the younger crowd.

Comment

We have tried for years to get the city council to recognize the portion of Black's Beach that sits on city property. Today, the mood seems to be that no politician wants to consider Blacks Beach. I suppose they just don't see any political advantage ie voter support to stick their neck out. Imagine the increase in tourist dollars to the community if the beach was fully recognized and more tourists came for the beach. Imagine the return of families. Maby some day we will see the beach fully protected with porta john and trash bin facilities down on the beach. For now it is only a dream!

Comment

If a person is just taking a look is one thing. If they are gawking, my b/f would probably say something about them moving. Next we would probably tell the manager of the resort or an offical if we were at a public area. The police are usually around in areas of alot of people.

Connie

Comment

Maybe these remote controlled [Real or Simulated] closed circuit television cameras mounted on poles overlooking public nude beached would deter the gawker’s, and ones who parade and get off by sporting erections and inappropriate activity amongst others there for simple nudity and family nude recreation..

Comment

quote:
                quote:
                Originally posted by MJ_KC:
                quote:
                Guys with cameras on a nude beach taking pictures of nude people aren't thinking with their brains.

Would it be OK if the people were clothed versus nude?

Why would they be interested in photos of clothed people?

People try to claim that they want to be treated the same nude as when they are clothed so it won't matter what your state of dress is.

If that is the case, then it should apply equally to being photographed, unless we really do not want true equality.

Comment

quote:
                  Maybe these remote controlled [Real or Simulated] closed circuit television cameras

Or, you just gave them a good Idea on how not to get caught. lol

Comment

Working...
                  X