Health Benefits of Sunshine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Benefits of Sunshine

Although sunshine gets a bad rap at times for causing skin cancer, I read recently, and I do not remember in which publication, that a person can get a good healthy dose of vitamin D from 20 mins. of sunshine per day. I plan to set aside that amount of time each day provided the weather is warm enough and relax in a chair naked while soaking up vitamin D. Has anyone else read this info. and do you try to do this? Do you feel you have more energy? Sounds like a perfect reason to be naked on my deck.

Although sunshine gets a bad rap at times for causing skin cancer, I read recently, and I do not remember in which publication, that a person can get a good healthy dose of vitamin D from 20 mins. of sunshine per day. I plan to set aside that amount of time each day provided the weather is warm enough and relax in a chair naked while soaking up vitamin D. Has anyone else read this info. and do you try to do this? Do you feel you have more energy? Sounds like a perfect reason to be naked on my deck.

Comment

I have also read the sunscreen prohibits the Vitamin D found in sunshine. So maybe before we lather it on we should spend a few minutes au naturel, that is without sunscreen.

Comment

I also recently read an article on Vitamin D deficiency in most over fall and winter and misinformation on thinking taking Vitamin D supplements that supposedly replace natural synthesized Vitamin made by your body from natural sun light.

The article below touches on the subject, & still looking for the other article on national new and on the internet.

Link to Information on Natural & man made Vitamin D supplements.

Comment

I have blonde hair and blue eyes and so sunscreen is a must for me.

We were able to go to Jamaica this winter for two weeks. We both came home with our "solar panels" recharged and it was wonderful. I don't know if we got our supplies of Vit. D replenished, but it was good for our souls

Alas, no outdoor nudity because of the resorts we were at. Never-the-less hanging out in a bathing suit and shorts in February is quite a nice alternative to parkas and Sorels.

Comment

Seems that, other than skin cancers, sunlight/vitamin D, may be quite cancer-prohibitive:

Vitamin D Potects Against Colon Cancer (CNN)

Sunlight and mortality from breast, ovarian, colon, prostate, and non-melanoma skin cancer

Sunlight Actually Prevents Cancer

Of course, in addition to the vitamin D, sunlight helps many skin conditions, and can prevent some skin conditions/infections from happening in the first place!

Then there is the positive mental health/mood effects of sunlight, which can improve the physical health.

Of course, the darker skin tone you have, the higher dose of sunight you'll need to have the same effects.

Also, warm sunlight, especially nude, can also be very comfortable, relaxing and stress-relieving, which is, in itself healthy.

Comment

I really do not know how we survived past the cave man with all the diseases we get. Sunshine itself can be the root cause of cancer but then all these chemicals we put on our skin to protect from certain rays also cause problems. Rule is everything in moderation and you should be fine as you reasonably can be.

Comment

It may be true that sunlight may be good for you, it must also be noted, the amount of sun you get. Like most of 'anythings' that are good for you, it's the amount, that if taken into excess, could have some negative effects. So it is safe to say, just don't overdo it.

Comment

If you go to Teklinepublishing.com and see Fred Hardings books on Cancer, he writes about the benefits of the sun vitamin D and naturism.
                  BREAST CANCER A CURE AT LAST!An amazing book and very interesting too, this book is not just for women but men too, he talks about all cancer's.
                  If his findings are right, which I believe they are,he is to be commended for his outstanding discovery!!
                  CONGRATULATIONS!!

Comment

Hi Fuzzy Nuts
                    In Fred's book, he talk's about NOT using a sun block, if you build up your tan slowly and are sensible, there is no need for one.
                    STAYNUDE!!

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Free2bnaked:
                      If you go to Teklinepublishing.com and see Fred Hardings books on Cancer, he writes about the benefits of the sun vitamin D and naturism...

From Fred Hardings' Teklinepublishing.com http://www.teklinepublishing.com/natbra.htm page -

BREAST CANCER RISK SLASHED 50% BY SUNLIGHT
                      Increasing vitamin D intake through sunlight, diet or supplements may decrease a person's risk of contracting breast cancer by 50 percent and of contracting colorectal cancer by more than 65 percent, according to two recent studies conducted at the University of San Diego. (8th (February 2007) more

nifocinphx

Comment

quote:
                        Hi Fuzzy Nuts
                        In Fred's book, he talk's about NOT using a sun block, if you build up your tan slowly and are sensible, there is no need for one.
                        STAYNUDE!!

Nice theory. I burned with SPF 45 when I was in Jamaica. I'd have to build up for a LONG time if that theory were to work for me. I live in northern Canada where we are currently at the end of our fifth month of winter. No real ability to build up a base. I can also burn when I have a base tan.

Comment

Sorry to hear that buddy, maybe you have that skin type that burns easily.
                          I try to start building my tan in March weather permitting.
                          It has been a glorious day hear today 20c, needless to say I was out there this afternoon when I got home from work.
                          I very rarely use skin block.
                          Staynude!!

Comment

quote:
                            Sorry to hear that buddy, maybe you have that skin type that burns easily.
                            I try to start building my tan in March weather permitting.
                            It has been a glorious day hear today 20c, needless to say I was out there this afternoon when I got home from work.
                            I very rarely use skin block.
                            Staynude!!

Yep.

The temp today here is only 1C so I will not be outside nude after work today!

Comment

The temperature here in N.C. is suppose to be 85 today and was 84 yesterday. I am already so brown from being in the sun at the club that people stop me in the mall and in the Gym to ask where I've been. I just tell them just here in the sun. Our winters have been so mild the past couple of years I have not missed an entire month of being in the sun for at least 24 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X