Nudist Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudist Movie

We need a good movie with a plot addressing nudism. I remember years ago in the 60's (yeah, telling my age), I went to a movie in Philadelphia which was based on nudism. Do not remember the name of the movie (age again), but it was about a girl who inherited a nudist camp and she was contemplating closing it. The members of the camp invited her to visit which she did. She remained clothed in the beginning but eventually disrobed. She became a nudist and saved the camp. There were always towels or strategically placed items inhibiting the view of the genitals but it was a very good movie with a plot. I am sure if a movie along this line were released today it would not make it to the mainstream theaters but perhaps to DVD. With good promotion and a good product, I am sure it would help getting the word out about nudism and perhaps plant a seed in the minds of the viewers.

What do you think?

We need a good movie with a plot addressing nudism. I remember years ago in the 60's (yeah, telling my age), I went to a movie in Philadelphia which was based on nudism. Do not remember the name of the movie (age again), but it was about a girl who inherited a nudist camp and she was contemplating closing it. The members of the camp invited her to visit which she did. She remained clothed in the beginning but eventually disrobed. She became a nudist and saved the camp. There were always towels or strategically placed items inhibiting the view of the genitals but it was a very good movie with a plot. I am sure if a movie along this line were released today it would not make it to the mainstream theaters but perhaps to DVD. With good promotion and a good product, I am sure it would help getting the word out about nudism and perhaps plant a seed in the minds of the viewers.

What do you think?

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Al Bundy:

What do you think?

Another idea would be to simply release that old film on DVD.

Maybe if someone could interest a big motion picture company (i.e., Columbia, Lucas Film, MGM, Paramount...), into taking an old idea and then backing it up with covering the production expenses, that old movie could be remade.
      This certainly would not be the first time that an old idea was recycled and updated to appeal to a new audience.

Comment

quote:
        I remember years ago in the 60's (yeah, telling my age), I went to a movie in Philadelphia which was based on nudism. Do not remember the name of the movie
        Sounds like The Nudist Story also known as For Members Only.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Al Bundy:
          We need a good movie with a plot addressing nudism. I remember years ago in the 60's (yeah, telling my age), I went to a movie in Philadelphia which was based on nudism. Do not remember the name of the movie (age again), but it was about a girl who inherited a nudist camp and she was contemplating closing it.

The film was titled "The Nudist Story" and was released in 1960:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0055993/

It was also released as "For Members Only" in the UK

Comment

Hey, good job Naturist mark! I believe that was indeed the one! I use www.imdb.com all the time in my search for movies all the time whether they are nudist-oriented or not. I know this next comment is beside from the subject. But I also like www.imdb.com because it will tell you if a film is available on www.amazon.com or not.

Ken Palmer

quote:
            Originally posted by Naturist Mark:
            quote:
            I remember years ago in the 60's (yeah, telling my age), I went to a movie in Philadelphia which was based on nudism. Do not remember the name of the movie
            Sounds like The Nudist Story also known as For Members Only.

-Mark

Comment

Haha

I thought I'd be the clever "Googler" on this one.

Mark beat me by four minutes.

Comment

What i found interesting is most all the movies were from the 50's and 60's. Although nudist colony of the dead was made in '91 it is a spoof. I think we are about due for a nudist/naturist video.

Comment

another movie along those lines is "maslin Beach", it is set on a nudist beach in australia. It runs about 90 minutes and can be seen for free at "Cinemanow.com"

Comment

Sad I have forgot the name. That was movie at mid 80ies with a story about houswife unhappy in boring marriege so she flies away let husband and son be left. She goes by her car until one young guy asks her to take him to nearest city. There at the pub he meets more girls of his group, and all including houswife decides to go to his tent-camp at the lake. At the next morning she realizes that all except her are nudists, so they have a week-long sensitive vaccations without of any dresses. Of course she fall in love with that guy, but when he realizes she "belongs" to other man they have some thoughtful discussions about the life`s aim, moral, nudism etc, so she by own will decides to come back to her family and become able to get a joy even there.

If to count that movie was shown at USSR rulership, it means, inspite of marked by three stars (not allowed under 16 age) it was very "decent" (and inspirated me quite much).

P.S. I think it was French.

Comment

bikerbare, thanks the post about Maslin Beach. I downloaded the movie and watched it. It was good to see nudity in a movie that was natural.

Comment

Alas, you will need a PC, not Mac, to view the movie. I'll just be content reading the movie description.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by bikerbare:
                          another movie along those lines is "maslin Beach", it is set on a nudist beach in australia. It runs about 90 minutes and can be seen for free at "Cinemanow.com"

I own a copy of Maslin Beach on DVD. It's definitely an interesting movie. There's one line I especially love from the movie, and it's said by one of the few non-naturist characters in the film (the ice cream truck driver):

"Love is irrational and it's perverse enough to avoid you when you need it most."

There's also an excellent documentary called "Naked in the 21st Century."

You're right, though. There do need to be more naturist-friendly narrative films.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by puffledud:
                            Alas, you will need a PC, not Mac, to view the movie. I'll just be content reading the movie description.

Not sure what you are referring to. As far as I know none of these movies is available online for viewing by either PC or Mac. IMDB only has links to Amazon and other vendors who sell DVDs and Video tapes.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by NakedTao:
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by bikerbare:

I own a copy of Maslin Beach on DVD. It's definitely an interesting movie. There's one line I especially love from the movie, and it's said by one of the few non-naturist characters in the film (the ice cream truck driver):

"Love is irrational and it's perverse enough to avoid you when you need it most."

There's also an excellent documentary called "Naked in the 21st Century."

You're right, though. There do need to be more naturist-friendly narrative films.

I also own a copy of MB on DVD. It is to be applauded for it's matter-of-fact approach to nudity. And that's all! It's not gonna make anyone's top 10 movies of all time.

It might make my top 10 films set on a nude beach but only 'cos I can't think of many others.

Vivre Nu: A la recherche du paradis perdu looks great, but without subtitles for us non-Francophones one can only assume it's pro the lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                              X