Was it skinnydipping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it skinnydipping?

I have an opinion question about if this fits the 'definition' of skinnydipping. Here's the story:

One night last summer my fiancee, a male friend of mine, and I were swimming in my fiancee's apartment pool. My fiancee and my friend are not nudists (yet). After everyone else left we began talking about my nudism and about skinnydipping. A police officer came by to lock up the pool but told us we could stay for a while longer if we locked up for him when we left (we must look really responsible). We agreed and he left.
    Someone suggested (jokingly) that since it was past closing time for the pool and since the officer wouldn't come back, we should skinnydip.
    We were still wary that someone would come by or the officer might come back by to check on us. However, I slipped my trunks off and told them "Okay, I did it. Now it's your turn." Their response was that I was lying. I held my trunks in the air to prove it and they were shocked.
    My fiancee wanted to skinnydip but she was afraid of being caught and being kicked out of the apartment complex. I suggested that our friend "stand guard" and warn us if anyone was approaching. She agreed and, standing submerged up to her shoulders, she took off her 2-piece swimsuit and held it out of the water. She stood in the same spot for a minute (MAYBE two). However, still worried about being caught, she put her bottoms back on and fastened her top around her stomach so she could slide it up into place quickly if she needed to. She swam around for a few minutes topfree (I was very proud of her) and then put her top back on. Afterward she asked me if she had skinnydipped. I wasn't sure, and not wanting to hurt her feelings, I said that she had (she was very happy).

My question is: Is what she did really skinnydipping? Is there a time limit or a set of activities that you have to engage in to qualify for the skinnydipping badge?

It's not life or death but I was just curious what everyone's opinion is.

BTW: I'm still hoping that she will join me at a nudist venue one day. Every time I go she asks more and more questions. I get the feeling that soon she'll say she wants to go with me. Wish me luck!

Thanks!

bg

I have an opinion question about if this fits the 'definition' of skinnydipping. Here's the story:

One night last summer my fiancee, a male friend of mine, and I were swimming in my fiancee's apartment pool. My fiancee and my friend are not nudists (yet). After everyone else left we began talking about my nudism and about skinnydipping. A police officer came by to lock up the pool but told us we could stay for a while longer if we locked up for him when we left (we must look really responsible). We agreed and he left.
    Someone suggested (jokingly) that since it was past closing time for the pool and since the officer wouldn't come back, we should skinnydip.
    We were still wary that someone would come by or the officer might come back by to check on us. However, I slipped my trunks off and told them "Okay, I did it. Now it's your turn." Their response was that I was lying. I held my trunks in the air to prove it and they were shocked.
    My fiancee wanted to skinnydip but she was afraid of being caught and being kicked out of the apartment complex. I suggested that our friend "stand guard" and warn us if anyone was approaching. She agreed and, standing submerged up to her shoulders, she took off her 2-piece swimsuit and held it out of the water. She stood in the same spot for a minute (MAYBE two). However, still worried about being caught, she put her bottoms back on and fastened her top around her stomach so she could slide it up into place quickly if she needed to. She swam around for a few minutes topfree (I was very proud of her) and then put her top back on. Afterward she asked me if she had skinnydipped. I wasn't sure, and not wanting to hurt her feelings, I said that she had (she was very happy).

My question is: Is what she did really skinnydipping? Is there a time limit or a set of activities that you have to engage in to qualify for the skinnydipping badge?

It's not life or death but I was just curious what everyone's opinion is.

BTW: I'm still hoping that she will join me at a nudist venue one day. Every time I go she asks more and more questions. I get the feeling that soon she'll say she wants to go with me. Wish me luck!

Thanks!

bg

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by brainyguy9999:
      [qb]My question is: Is what she did really skinnydipping? Is there a time limit or a set of activities that you have to engage in to qualify for the skinnydipping badge?[/qb]
      For my money, this counts. It's a significant first step, and it could just lead to her joining you the next time you go to a nudist venue. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe, if your buddy was gone she would have really joined you.

I would propose the definition for skinny dipping would include the requirement that you enter and exit the water nude to count.

Mic

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by brainyguy9999:
          [.... she put her bottoms back on and fastened her top around her stomach so she could slide it up into place quickly if she needed to. She swam around for a few minutes topfree (I was very proud of her) and then put her top back on. Afterward she asked me if she had skinnydipped....
          [/QB]
          I think the answer is stated clearly in your question, she swum around topless for a bit but then she put her top back on.

While it may not be necessary to enter the water naked, particularly the first time, to class as skinny dipping I would say that it is necessary to swim completely nude - one thing people always seem say is great about nudism is the freedom of swimming without a costume - not something your girlfriend has done.

Good Luck in persuading her to join you swimming naked - though perhaps it would be better to introduce her to naturism a little further from home !

Comment

My wife and I agree, if she felt good about what she did and it would help her to swim nude in the future for a longer period of time...then she did, in our opinion, "skinning Dip".

Good for her. She has jumped over one of several hurdles on her way to being a nudist.

Be patient and make sure her comfort level is your primary goal. You'll be surprised how this will help her.

Good Luck! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

FireProf: "Be patient and make sure her comfort level is your primary goal. You'll be surprised how this will help her."

I make sure to be VERY patient. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I asked her to go with me the last time about 4 years ago when she asked me to stop asking her. I told her then that the invitation is always open to join me but I would never ask her again. I have, so far, kept my promise.

But I am heartened when she asks questions about it when I get back from going. On New Year's Eve we went out to dinner and then went back to my place for some intimate time. Afterward we stayed nude and watched the post-midnight shows for a while (we happened to miss the midnight celebration on TV. Oops. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ). Anyway, we stayed nude and then went to sleep. The next day we stayed nude until 3 or 4 in the afternoon before I took her home. I was surprised and delighted because usually she at least puts her underwear back on. Maybe I am finally rubbing off on her. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] She does sleep nude at home sometimes but she has never stayed nude at my apartment for so long.

Maybe this summer will be the summer she finally utters those words that I long to hear: "I'd like to go with you this time."

I can hope. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the input everyone!!

bg

Comment

Working...
              X