Nude around new cat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude around new cat?

I adopted a 4 year old cat a few months ago who is really affectionate. He follows me around the apartment and has to always be by my side, especially when I lie down to watch TV. He always jumps up and lays on me.

Before I acquired the cat I was always nude in the apartment and loved it. But, since the cat came home I am cautious being nude around him.
    I no longer feel comfortable relaxing on the couch nude. I guess I am afraid that the cat will jump up on the wrong spot (which will really hurt) or I guess I don't like the idea of a cat laying on me while I am nude.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? I don't like not having the freedom that I once had because of a cat! I am still nude in my home, but I usually just cover up with a pillow or blanket whenever the cat wants to lay near me.

Is this wierd?

I adopted a 4 year old cat a few months ago who is really affectionate. He follows me around the apartment and has to always be by my side, especially when I lie down to watch TV. He always jumps up and lays on me.

Before I acquired the cat I was always nude in the apartment and loved it. But, since the cat came home I am cautious being nude around him.
    I no longer feel comfortable relaxing on the couch nude. I guess I am afraid that the cat will jump up on the wrong spot (which will really hurt) or I guess I don't like the idea of a cat laying on me while I am nude.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? I don't like not having the freedom that I once had because of a cat! I am still nude in my home, but I usually just cover up with a pillow or blanket whenever the cat wants to lay near me.

Is this wierd?

Comment

I doubt that the cat cares whether you're nude or not, but there are some practical considerations. Does the cat jump ON you or beside you? If he jumps on you, are the claws retracted or digging in?

If he's not pouncing on you directly with extended claws, then it doesn't sound like a problem. It's just a matter of what you yourself like.

Comment

Hopefully, for your sake, the 4 year old cat has outgrown it's love for things that 'dangle'.

Comment

Hey,
          the cat is nude, you are nude....do not see the problem. Sorry.

Comment

Despite their reputation of aloofness, many cats crave physical contact. So do people. Nothing wrong with that, and be assured that the cat doesn't care whether you are nude or not.

However, cats are smarter than you realize. If you are uncomfortable with cat paws - and possibly claws - on your bare flesh, just gently let kitty know. Kitty will soon understand that a towel on your lap is a good place to curl up, or that it is OK to snuggle up beside you, but not on top of you. As long as you aren't avoiding affection, Kitty will understand that you are just protecting tender flesh.

-Mark

Comment

I go nude a lot in my home, and my small house dogs now bark when they see me with clothes on! I don't have any problems when they climb on me if I'm in my recliner; they are careful and even around small children they know to be careful. Your cat is very likely the same way, and enjoys human contact.

Comment

Exactly, if you have any issues, gently remind your cat that there are certain areas you dont want to be clawed.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by nudeM:
                  Hopefully, for your sake, the 4 year old cat has outgrown it's love for things that 'dangle'.

LOL. Very true,too.

Comment

It's not so much as when they jump on you, but when they go to jump off from you. That's when the claws naturally come out to give they the traction they need to become airborne. I know, we've got four cats and they all jump the same way. Our cats just naturally avoid me when I'm nude around the house, hmm . . . figure that one out, folks?
                    George and Garfield, Missy, Ebony (she's black), and Smokey (he's not).

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by chgonude77:

Is this wierd?

In a word - yes!. As the "owner" of 4 cats, I can tell you that they couldn't care less if you are nude. All they care about is their food (on time) and some affection (on their terms). As long as you give them both, there should be no problem.

Comment

One consideration about a cat cuddling up on naked skin is that they like to do that little thing with their paws, looks like they are kneading dough. NOT a good feeling! Yikes!

Comment

You didn't say whether or not the cat was declawed. Have your cat declawed (front paws). Then enjoy him/her/it.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by WacoTX:
                            You didn't say whether or not the cat was declawed. Have your cat declawed (front paws). Then enjoy him/her/it.

There are some (including myself) who consider declawing a bit inhumane.

An alternative are special plastic sheaths that can be glued onto the indivdual claws/nails that make them blunt and less dangerous to human skin (and extremities). See link:

http://www.softpaws.com/faqs.html

(I am not affiliated with this company in any way)

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by PascoDoug:
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by WacoTX:

There are some (including myself) who consider declawing a bit inhumane.

An alternative are special plastic sheaths that can be glued onto the indivdual claws/nails that make them blunt and less dangerous to human skin (and extremities). See link:

http://www.softpaws.com/faqs.html

(I am not affiliated with this company in any way)

I love soft paws. Doug, I agree I would never put another of my cats through the declawing process. We did that a long time ago on our first, and it was sad to see. Soft paws are great! I highly recommend them (and I do not have any ownership in the company as well!)

Comment

Working...
                              X