Shoes Save Nude Marchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoes Save Nude Marchers

I wasn't sure just where to put this so I thought I'd try here. I found this in the USA Today paper on Friday the 20th.

Footwear saves nude gay pride marchers.

Seven men who marched in Toronto's Gay Pride Parade have been cleared of public nudity charges because they were wearing shoes, their lawyer said. The men were arrested after they marched in the annual festival wearing only footwear and sunscreen.

I have no idea if any of the seven were nudists or what their reason was for marching nude, but my point is that the charges were dropped because they were wearing shoes. I assume that means if they hadn't been wearing shoes, the charges would have held. Does that mean they weren't nude since they were wearing shoes? I found that interesting. Be nude and have fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I wasn't sure just where to put this so I thought I'd try here. I found this in the USA Today paper on Friday the 20th.

Footwear saves nude gay pride marchers.

Seven men who marched in Toronto's Gay Pride Parade have been cleared of public nudity charges because they were wearing shoes, their lawyer said. The men were arrested after they marched in the annual festival wearing only footwear and sunscreen.

I have no idea if any of the seven were nudists or what their reason was for marching nude, but my point is that the charges were dropped because they were wearing shoes. I assume that means if they hadn't been wearing shoes, the charges would have held. Does that mean they weren't nude since they were wearing shoes? I found that interesting. Be nude and have fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

The Toronto Seven are members of TNT! MEN ( Totally Naked Toronto Men Enjoying Nudity) a nudist organization for gay men. They were charged with nudity in a public place without a lawful excuse. However, it appears that, in Ontario, nudity means completely nude, wearing absolutely nothing, not even shoes. The prosecutor dropped the charge because there was no reasonable prospect of a conviction. TNT MEN now regards nudity during the Gay Pride Parade as being legal.

This group was instrumental in getting a clothing-optional beach for Toronto (Hanlan's Point), which is now permanent and legal.

Gary

Comment

Well Gary,

It just shows what can happen when people stick to their beliefs and convictions. The small amount I posted was all that was written on that matter in the USA Today. I guess it didn't rate a real story.

Of course, as a Christian who believes that homosexuality is as wicked as God says it is, I'm not in favor of gays getting themselves recognized and accepted. Nudity, however, I'm definitely in favor of being accepted and recognized as a clean, wholesome pasttime for the whole family. Be nude and have fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I think you have as much right to be nude as you have to be gay. I belive the bible has a problem with both. TNTmen sounds like a cool bunch of guys to hang out with, gay or not.

Comment

The Bible has no problems with nudity, as stated in the creation story when He declared his creation of man (who was naked at the time) as good. Only an atheist or one who doesn't believe in that story can find fault with that statement.

As for the homosexuality, I am not versed in that part of the Bible so I cannot make any comments regarding that.

Bob S.

Comment

The bible declares a naked body to be of the devel. I may be wrong, I'm not actually quoting the bible, but a book called Growing Up Naked. I will have to check the bible to be sure.

Comment

I don't know what Bible you're quoting, but the Bible I read says no such thing. It says "I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:14.

In Genesis 1:31 it says, "And God saw everything that He had made, and, behold, it was very good." This says EVERYTHING and therefore includes Adam and Eve sitting there nude or "naked" as the Bible uses.

If you haven't studied the Bible as I and many others have, you shouldn't try to tell us what the Bible teaches when we know better.

Does God ever command someone to commit a sin? I seriously don't believe He does. Note Isaiah 20:1 where God commanded Isaiah to walk naked and barefoot for three years. Be nude and have fun. This is not of the devil. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

To say that the naked body to be of the devil is heresy to the ultimate degree. It is saying that G*d created us as the ultimate evil, while proclaiming us to be "good".

And where did you get the book you are quoting? I would love to read it. Are you sure of the title as thre is also one called "Growing Up Without Shame".

Bob S.

Comment

I thought I read similar issue regarding the incident in Toronto somewhere in the INA forums, maybe you can join their topic as well. But now I can't find it...maybe I read it else where.

As gary naturist mentioned because they wear shoes, their action did not fit Toronto's law of being completely nude. I guess this is the grey away that people are usuallg talking about.

Comment

I wonder, if they had worn only hats instead of shoes, would that have been the same thing? It's funny, if that had been done in the USA, I'd be willing to bet the charges would have stuck since their genitals were apparently exposed. Some countries are WAY ahead of us in their acceptance of the nude human body. I understand that Germany has more nudists than any other country.

Be nude and have fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I was both amused and pleased that a pair of shoes prevented those marchers from being declared completely nude by law. Too bad they had to rely on a legal technicality to allow what should be our God-given right, to walk bare and free in the sun and breeze, harming no one.

I think that we should concentrate our efforts on promoting nude beaches. To me, it seems like the nude beach is the easiest and least threatening way for a textile person to learn about non-sexual public nudity.

Frankly I think a lot of people who have no concept of platonic nudity would feel threatened by the sight of a nude protest march.

Comment

Working...
                        X