Your kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your kids

I have a question for people here with children, but i guess anyone may answer, is it still acceptable for you to let your children be nude, if maybe they had a girlfriend/boyfriend who was at your house? would you leave them alone?

I have a question for people here with children, but i guess anyone may answer, is it still acceptable for you to let your children be nude, if maybe they had a girlfriend/boyfriend who was at your house? would you leave them alone?

Comment

We did when our kids where seeing someone.
      We had instilled in them the values we thought they would need and use.
      If you do not follow those instilled values they lose meaning.

It is up to each parent, but trust is earned and it goes both ways.

Comment

we have left the clothed/nude thing up to our kids. Friends they bring over know (as do their parents) that our family is a nudist one and they are apt to see any one of us nude. You teach your kids values then stand back a bit...

Comment

You didn't give the age of the kids. It's a balancing act. I will never be "anything goes" with my daughter but I'm smart enough to know in her teen years (still a ways away) if she wants to "be alone" with a guy she'll find a way. I did in high school and college and my wife did too. I won't green light something I strongly disagree with but I won't live in a fantasy either.

Comment

I think there are many variables to consider:
            Is the "kid" 14 or 24?
            Is he/she responsible?
            Is the boy/girlfriend also a nudist and/or comfortable with nudity?
            Are they sexually active?

Let's take two possible scenarios. Let's say the family spends a lot of time nude by the pool. My daughter is 14 and her "boyfriend" (assuming that even happens) occasionaly drops by to join in. Do I let him join in? With parental consent, sure; I don't see an issue there. Do I leave the two of them alone together? NO WAY! Nudist or not, hormones are raging around that age.
            Now let's say my daughter is 19, has a steady boyfriend, and she stays nude when he visits. Do I leave them alone? Why not; my daughter is old enough to take responsability for her actions, and they're probably intimate anyway. And I'd rather have a potential son-in-law who is comfortable with nudity, because that could mean enjoying clothesfree time with the grandkids.

So to me, it just depends on the variables. And my daughter is 9, so I still have some time to think about it.

Comment

Would you leave them alone if they were both clothed? Denuding only takes seconds. If they are intent on having sex, clothing will not stop them.

Another quetsion is what kind of family is gf/bf from? If from a nudist family, then being naked around others and others being naked around gf/bf will be no problem. If from a textile family, then talk with your child about the consequences of being naked around gf/bf. If found out, your child may be forbidden from seeing gf/bf or at the very least not allowing to see gf/bf at your house and getting other parents very uneasy about the relationship.

Bob S.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by gopher:

Let me put it this way: I wouldn't rest easy with them behind closed doors nude or clothed. And I would have to keep in mind that any partner my children bring home may live in a household that may not be so kind to nudity.

However, assuming I had the freedom to check on them from time to time, or there was someone more or less constantly present, I would leave them be. I find them in a compromising situation, however, the proverbial leash gets much shorter.

One thing that I must mention here: I am unmarried and childless at this moment in time. Once I have kids, and the situation actually comes up, my answer could change drastically.

Comment

When my kids were at home I would not have allowed them to be nude. Now however, I realize that was wrong and I would encourage them to be nude whenever they felt comfortable doing so. I would however encourage discretion when others outside the family were involved.

Comment

My kids were always alowed to be nude. We took family saunas together. If I was in the sauna with friends the wife and kids would just come in for a shower. The kids were present at my naked parties.

Comment

I have two daughters and to be truthful, I will have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

One of them turns 10 this month...so the day of reckoning is nigh!

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by foux003:
                        My kids were always alowed to be nude. We took family saunas together. If I was in the sauna with friends the wife and kids would just come in for a shower. The kids were present at my naked parties.

Sounds familiar. We do so also.

Comment

I let my kids be nude when I was dating and it all worked out just fine. If I didnt feel like I could do that I wouldnt have been dating that person in the first place. I always strive to be consistent when modeling my beliefs in nudism. I try to practice what I preach. To have them cover up just because someone was coming to the house to me would have sent the wrong msg and sown the seeds of body shame imo

Comment

As a parent of six kids ranging in age from teens to five, I feel I am more than qualified to offer an opinion.

I would not allow my kids to be alone with anyone that I did not know and whose values I was not familiar with. If they are same sex heterosexuals, it does not diminish the drug and other threats.

I would have to know the other person and his or her family's values to be comfortable with their being alone. This is regardless of whether they are in formal dress or naked.

If they are of different sexes, their being alone together adds a wrinkle. If both come from nudist families and have practiced nudity their whole lives, then I would think if the values are right, it would be okay with me. In fact I would prefer teens coming from nudist families being alone naked to non-nudist teens being alone clothed.

My oldest teen is a female. (I am not sure if she is more of a girl or woman. As with any teen it depends on the moment.) If a teen male were coming over, and his family is not a nudist one, I would not allow them to be alone and nude. He would more than likely associate nudity with sex and this is too much of a challenge for the teens to have to face.

Comment

The same rules apply clothes or sans-clothes, they can be in the room alone with the door ALWAYS open and not completely alone in the house ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X