• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:
    Originally posted by freedom2be:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Cyndiannaked:
    It isn't going to cause anyone to change their lifestyles.

You and the original poster assume we are all fat because of bad habits, overindulgence and is all our fault when nothing could be further from the truth.

I would bet my diet is much better than at least 80% of the people on here and yet I'm over 200 pounds.

He isn't encouraging us at all. He's actually pissing me off.

This is why changing what you eat seldom works. It does work for those who are not eating right. However that is not me and is not many overweight people.

I'm totally sick of people thinking I'm not conscious of my weight and what I eat.

Is he actually saying that fat people are "slovenly and unhygenic"?

Me and the original poster????!!! I beg your pardon, I am one of those fat people - probably bigger than you...AND I work out 5 times a week and eat healthily...You're preaching to the choir Cyndiann....guess my sarcasm went right past you...

I had no idea it was sarcasm.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Pieguy:
      I hope you do BUFF up though.... :P

My job requires me to lift 65 pound boxes on a regular basis and I'm only 5'4".

Being fit is not related to your weight in any way. Lots people of "normal" weight are not fit at all.

Comment

Let me relate my own experience with that. When I smoked I was approximately normal weight, but I couldn't walk three blocks without sitting down to catch my breath. After I quit smoking I gained probably 30 pounds, but now I can walk full-out for three miles without breathing hard at all. It's only my tired, aching muscles that beg me to stop.

Comment

quote:

Is he actually saying that fat people are "slovenly and unhygenic"?

That's what it sounded like to me.

Comment

I am sorry but Rip has a point.

Obesity/overweightness is rampant in nudist community. I do not believe this is an issue specific to nudism. This is an issue that is affecting American culture as a whole. Let's face it, Americans today are fatter and lazier compared to our counterparts in Europe or Asia. U.S. is the fattest country in the world.

It really is an issue of lifestyle choices. I am sorry but Americans are just lazy. Some here spoke of work, they go to work and when they are done, they are just tired. Well, I work..I am at work from 8:00 to 6 and only get a half hour lunch yet I manage to get to the gym 5 days a week. I am a believer that there are no excuses to not putting a little physical activity in your daily life to keep in shape.

Americans are fatter due to their food choices. We do not know portion control and we have an endless love affair with fatty food. You know, there is nothing wrong with treating yourself to fatty food sometimes but the key is moderation. Fireprof says he does not want to live a life of salad for rest of his life in order to achieve a more healthier weight. That is the kind of mentality overweight people have and this is why they never lose the weight. Who is saying you must eat veggies and bland tasting food? One can eat the greatest food and still have a healthy weight. It is simply making wiser choices: instead of white bread, I have whole wheat, instead of fried I opt for bake..simple decisions like that works.

Remember CALORIE IN = CALORIE OUT. If you are not an active person, you have to eat small meals and not eat a lot b/c you are not moving enough to use up the calories

Comment

quote:

I would bet my diet is much better than at least 80% of the people on here and yet I'm over 200 pounds.

What is it you are doing? What do you eat daily? What do you do for exercises?

Losing weight is combo of eating right and working out. I I find your able statement hard to believe...are you really being honest with yourself?

I was once 50lbs overweight and with change in lifestyle, I have dropped my weight and have been able to maintain.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Croydon:
                quote:

Losing weight is combo of eating right and working out. I I find your able statement hard to believe...are you really being honest with yourself?

I was once 50lbs overweight and with change in lifestyle, I have dropped my weight and have been able to maintain.

I ended up loosing 40 lbs working for a local airline as a ramp worker. They key was going and eatting a greasy peice of pizza then going outside and loading/unloading aircraft for three or so hours. Over a year or so I have gained it back due to being lazy but have made a point to go work out, be it walking, swiming, or at the gym. I was also consitering going back to that airline as a ramper just for the workout benefits alone.

Comment

quote:
                  I am sorry but Rip has a point.

Obesity/overweightness is rampant in nudist community. I do not believe this is an issue specific to nudism. This is an issue that is affecting American culture as a whole. Let's face it, Americans today are fatter and lazier compared to our counterparts in Europe or Asia. U.S. is the fattest country in the world.

It really is an issue of lifestyle choices. I am sorry but Americans are just lazy. Some here spoke of work, they go to work and when they are done, they are just tired. Well, I work..I am at work from 8:00 to 6 and only get a half hour lunch yet I manage to get to the gym 5 days a week. I am a believer that there are no excuses to not putting a little physical activity in your daily life to keep in shape.

Americans are fatter due to their food choices. We do not know portion control and we have an endless love affair with fatty food. You know, there is nothing wrong with treating yourself to fatty food sometimes but the key is moderation. Fireprof says he does not want to live a life of salad for rest of his life in order to achieve a more healthier weight. That is the kind of mentality overweight people have and this is why they never lose the weight. Who is saying you must eat veggies and bland tasting food? One can eat the greatest food and still have a healthy weight. It is simply making wiser choices: instead of white bread, I have whole wheat, instead of fried I opt for bake..simple decisions like that works.

Remember CALORIE IN = CALORIE OUT. If you are not an active person, you have to eat small meals and not eat a lot b/c you are not moving enough to use up the calories

Do me a favor.............STOP saying you're SORRY.........you're not Sorry!

Comment

Why do we in the USA have such a problem with being overweight and being obese? Since the majority of our population is either overweight or obese then why does the media contiune to show us a small majority of super fit models when we all know that this is not representative of our society? Why do we discriminate against overweight people when the truth is that (based on my personal experience) weight has absolutely nothing to do with the character of the individual? Why do we seem to hate fat people so much and judge others when we don't look into the mirror and judge ourselves first? As far as Europe being less overweight or obese then us, this is rapidly becoming no longer true as the Europeans have caught up to us thanks in part to our exportation of fast food places such as McDonalds et al. I have lived in France and understand their culture concerning food. The basic philosophy is to consume small portions over time and to enjoy eating the food. Here in the USA we tend to shovel huge amounts of food into our mouths over a short period of time as we always seem to be on the go. Our foods are vastly overprocessed and so the manufacturers add vitamins and other additives to give the food back some so called nutrition. For example those who live in California and Florida are so lucky in that they can eat fresh citrus. The oranges we get in the food markets in the Northeast are generally 'junk' compared to the fresh oranges that one can purchase in Florida or California. The oranges taste vastly different. Our foods are generally not as healthy as we are lead to believe but are presented as such by marketers and advertisers who brainwash most people into buying into a fantasy. Has anyone looked at a can of soup lately? In reality there is so much salt in that can that the soup is basically a sodium delivery system. The truth about living a healthy lifestyle is to stand up and start rejecting the marketing nonsense. For fitness working out in a gym is fine but it is not the only way to exercise. Everyone also knows that all the exercise in the world alone will not lead to health without eating good quality foods. You can not expect your body to be healthy by constantly throwing junk food into it anymore then you can expect your car to run well on junk gasoline. Simply going out for a walk or climbing stairs at work is also a great workout. As far as eating good quality food, I personally grow a garden as there is no comparison to what I can buy at a food market versus what I can grow at home. Yes I know that a garden takes time and effort and is not practical for everyone but is it a choice that I have made to grow and eat the best possible food that I can. There are all kinds of foods to be purchased out there but it takes a cognizant effort to be aware of the powerful marketing influence and to stand up and reject that. It has been proven that many municipal water supplies are actually healthier for you then bottled water and yet we pay huge sums of money for somen plastic bottle with an image of a pure mountain stream on it. My whole thought on this subject is to encourage good health through proper diet and exercise but to also stop the hatred towards those who might be either overweight or obese. If nudism is to have any meaning then it should include self acceptance and acceptance of others. Sadly it seems to have become a forum for far too many people to judge others and yet those same people need to take a good look at themselves and start judging themselves first. Take care of your body, take care of your health, help others to also do so, but do not hate or judge others who don't.

Comment

Apparently walking doesn't help in losing weight. I walk 3-6 miles per day and eat only low fat or fat free foods. I consume very little sugar, cholesteral or salt. I eat no pork or beef and only eat fish, turkey or skinless chicken. I cook without butter or oils and put NO salt on anything. My blood pressure has gone WAY down, but my weight hasn't. I can't seem to get or stay below 190. I know that 3-6 miles isn't much, but even here in Florida the temps are beginning to go down. Walking nude isn't as comfortable as it was, and I won't wear clothes because that would eliminate any enjoyment I get from walking.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Danee:
                        I agree with Marks writing about body acceptance but as I have said before, too many Naturists/nudists, especially in North America, forget what the root of the movement embraced. Fitness and health and yes, I think people should remember that. It IS part of the philosophy after all. Or was....

Danee (and others), check out this link to a clip from a French documentary about the beginnings of naturism in France. (You may have to cut & paste the link.) It's in French and overdubbed in another language, but the visuals say it all.

http://abelard.warehouse.free.fr/ymn...e_nudism_a.wmv

Comment

quote:
                          ....eat only low fat or fat free foods. I consume very little sugar, cholesteral or salt. I eat no pork or beef and only eat fish, turkey or skinless chicken.

Congratulations, Jon-Marc, on your low fat diet. I eat the same way, trying to keep plack build-up from my arteries.

Comment

quote:
                            quote:

I don't need to go to a gym. My two jobs gives me a work out every day. I walk miles, lift a lot of heavy boxes (up to 65 pounds), burn a lot of calories.

What do I eat? Whole grain foods, lots of chicken and fish, salads, stir fry, the stuff that's good for you. I don't eat fast food, don't ever drink sodas, even my ice cream is low fat or low carb. I don't touch white starches at all expect I do eat those low carb potatos but not often. I make my own whole wheat pasta, use brown rice instead of white. I remove the skin off of chicken when I eat it. I rarely eat anything fried. Look in the Southbeach Diet book and you will know what I eat. Is my diet perfect? Of course not. Sometimes I cheat and have something sweet. I eat a lot of small meals because of my blood sugar.

My blood sugar readings have gone from about 185 to below 120 over the past year. I have lost a few pounds, about 25 but I will never be below 175 ever again, maybe never below 200 and it's really not important. I'm eating for health, not to be thin.

Are you really honest with yourself when you let yourself believe every fat person is just lazy?

Comment

Besides being active and eating right, doesn't genetics play some role ?
                              In other words, if a person's parent and/or grand parent has weight challenges, does that not mean I should expect a similar challenge ?

Comment

Has anyone (besides Cyndiann) even considered the idea that some people may neither need nor feel like they have to lose weight? In the cases of self-assured big people who are comfortable with themselves and in reasonably good health, that leaves only one possible other reason to lose weight...and it comes from without.

Losing weight to become easier on someone else's eyes may be the most popular reason for doing so; that doesn't make it a good reason.

Un

Comment

Working...
                                X