Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you meet your partner?

Hey All

this is a kinda selfish topic for me but one id like to know about.

Ive been a naturist for 6 years now, and have started seeing this girl, who is textile. Id love to introduce her to the life but dont think it is really her thing.

My main question is, did many of you meet your partners in a naturist environment? Because in Ireland its near impossible to do this, as i am a single man im not allowed join a naturist club.

Hey All

Ive been a naturist for 6 years now, and have started seeing this girl, who is textile. Id love to introduce her to the life but dont think it is really her thing.

My main question is, did many of you meet your partners in a naturist environment? Because in Ireland its near impossible to do this, as i am a single man im not allowed join a naturist club.

Comment

Based on my experience, I think that it's better to wait a while when proposing nudism to a girlfriend that's not currently into the idea.
      It's always best to let your relationship develop to a point where you've had plenty of times being nude w/ each other (and where she is comfortable with it) before bringing up the idea of her being nude in front of many other people.
      If you bring up the idea too early, she could misinterpret your intentions.
      If she happens to mention the subject of nudism first at any point, then I'd say go for it & talk about her trying it with you.
      So far, I've never met any girlfriends in a nudist setting. Some have been into it, some not.

Comment

As a personal opinion, I would suggest that you like to be nude when you are relaxing before it is too late. Better to see her reaction up front instead of waiting until later.

It gives you both a chance to 'measure' each others habits and to discuss any differences that may arise before it becomes too late. It would give the both of you time to compromise should there be any problems.

As far as meeting my wife, that was 25 years ago and I began nudism only 4 years ago. At first, she thought I lost it, but after a compromise, she allows me to remain nude, but only at certain times (kids). Sometimes they catch me, but nothing is said. They all know I prefer to be nude especially on hot summer days. As an added extra, my wife will join me nude when the house is empty.

Comment

I'm a strong believer in honesty in relationships, but the degree of disclosure has to remain appropriately related to the depth of the relationship. Don't tell every dream, hope, and fantasy on the first date! As a relationship progresses it's natural to share more and more of yourselves with each other, so allow some time for your shared trust to develop.

Since naturism is important to you, you're going to need to share that before the commitment gets too deep--but you don't have to do it by asking her to go with you. Just tell about yourself without putting any demands or expectations on her. See what her reaction is, and go from there.

If you find yourself moving toward mutual commitment, there will be topics that you'll discuss many times. Just let naturism be one of those, and at some point she'll tell you whether she can see herself trying it. Somewhere in there you may get a chance to invite her to visit a naturist place.

Good luck.

Comment

I'm with luvnaturism in honesty being the key to a relationship. My experience has been that if you are honest and in love, almost nothing can surprise the one you're with.

The main thing is that you shouldn't have any expectations of her reaction. Don't pressure or do any more than state the truth about yourself. Your dream might be that she declares her willingness to try, but just her knowing this about you, and accepting it should be your main priority.

Anything more than that is to be cherished. My girlfriend I thought would be unlikely to be into nudism, but given the chance she has been to a nudist beach twice without much fear at all.

There is a chance of an unfavourable reaction, but the essential truth is that these things must come up some time to be resolved. When you have both started to be emotionally connecting is the best time. You can't hide it forever if it is really something that you feel a part of your life. Burying it fear will achieve nothing.

Hope that helps,
            Mountain Goat

Comment

I can't remember where I read this, there was a discussion on this once. As I recall it suggested that when dating female nudists were most likely to bring the topic of nudism up earlier in the relationship and guys tended to wait until they felt very secure in the relationship. The reasoning seemed to be that the women weren't willing to invest too much time into a relationship that may not go anywhere. While guys tended to be afraid of scaring a girl off by bringing up the subject.

I know in my case the guy part is true. I was always interested in nudism but I didn't feel comfortable bringing it up with my wife. Time went by and I thought I would grow out of it or something. But it was always my desire to go to nude beaches etc.

Eventually I brought it up and it did cause all sorts of drama. I wish I had expressed myself earlier on in our relationship and avoided all that. We have worked through most of the issues now but every once in a while it comes up.

So if you want my advice I'd say to bring it up fairly early in the relationship and skip the drama.

Comment

thanks for all the feedback lads.

i told her about 2 weeks into the relationship that i was a naturist, she was staying over a lot more and of course i was always naked, she thought i was either lazy or always horny, so i explained it to her and she understood and accepted that.

she is happy being nude in the bedroom, but has to have a robe on anywhere else, even when its just the 2 of us there.

we are planning a holiday for next summer, i was going to mention going somewhere textile but with a naturist option locally, maybe somewhere quiet.....anyone know of any european location like that?

Comment

I met my girlfriend on AOL....I'm such a dork. But it's worked, so I'm happy about that. She was NOT a nudist when we met, she was also not in the least interested in trying it. I never hid the fact that I was one and that I enjoyed visiting beaches and resorts. Eventually as we got to know eachother better she became curious about it, then actually tried it. Now she is as hooked on nudism as I am and we are members of a local resort.

So my advice is to be Honest, like everybody else has said. Be a good example to what nudism is about. Don't force the issue, it either will happen or won't and that should not be the focus of your relationship. Love her for who she is, not for what she does, and she will hopefully return the gesture.

Best Wishes

Comment

We were set up for a blind date by a mutual friend who had no idea either of us were nudists. Well the short story is: We clicked and since I was living at a club and the future Mrs. came by to see me after our first date finding out it was a new nudist club I was helping to build took off her clothes and I've had one hell of a time ever since to get her to put any back on.

The moral is one never knows...and three grandkids later.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by jason_boomer23:
                      Hey All

Well here in the States (and in Canada) many clubs allow single men to join. But....

My wife and I started dating in 1971. We were not nudists. We were married in 1973, and around six-eight weeks after we were married I suggested visiting a nudist resort. We drove to the gate, I chickened out.

Later - around 1979 we tried it again when we were on a vacation trip to Florida.

We have never looked back. We did take a hiatus from nudism for a few years while our daughter was in the adolescent stage. But when she got to be 16 or so, Mom and Dad could take off for the nudist park again.

Most nudist couples were in a relationship when they tried it together.

Some (rare) got the wife or girlfriend to come along in time.

Some (also rare) met in nudism.

Comment

great post! i met my wife through the avon lady. yes, my sister-in-law,who grew up in the same neighborhood as kids,married my brother. her mother sold avon to my then single wife. she gave us each others phone numbers and we made a date after exhausting all possibilities. my wife did not know of my nudity until recently. in my younger years i did not have the technology i have today so lived the lifestyle quietly. nude in the apartment and so on. this was a surprise but not a schockeroo as she knows me rather well. so, the avon lady just doesn't deliver avon.worked for twenty nine years. so wait til the time is right!

Comment

Sorry Keith but I did not understand what you wrote. Could you please use also capital letters. Who's kids you are speaking in the sentence of your sister-in-law?

Comment

I met my honey while travelling the country on an extended road trip. We met, then I continued on my trip.

We kept in touch, set up a date, Now I've moved to Montana to be with here.

She is becoming a nudist just like me.

At the 1st hotspring I took her to, when we got to the spring, 1 guy was there. I was nude from the parking lot in, so I was already getting in, when she just took off her cloths, climbed in and we had a great soak.

No she wants to go to EVERT hotspring within a 200 mile radius...LOL

I Love Her too...damn I'm lucky

Peace

Comment

I met my wife when we were students in college. We are both very open minded and soon moved in together in Florida in a house with NO a/c. It was very hot and we were naked all the time. Soon we discovered we really were always naked when possible and began to try to figure out what nudism was. With our first child, we thought maybe we should get dressed around him until we discovered he liked to be naked also (and we had a/c by then). After much research, we dcided we are nudists and like to be naked.

If you meet someone with the same open mind as yourself, hopefully she will be ok with your nudism. Trying to find a soul mate at a nudist resort seems impossible.

Comment

Working...
                              X