When Should I Tell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Should I Tell

I have made friends just recently with a young lady. We have agreed at some point we want to practice some Yoga together. When should I tell her that I prefer doing it naked? How should I tell her? If she does not approve, I still want to practice with her, but don't want to alienate her if she prefers it be clothed sessions.

I have made friends just recently with a young lady. We have agreed at some point we want to practice some Yoga together. When should I tell her that I prefer doing it naked? How should I tell her? If she does not approve, I still want to practice with her, but don't want to alienate her if she prefers it be clothed sessions.

Comment

Hmmmm, interesting situation. Not knowing either of you one can only approach that very carefully.

You may bring up the subject that there are those that do yoga nude, when that may be a comment that will meld into the conversation. Just to see what her reaction is. You may be able to expand on it and if not then drop the subject and casually bring it up in another conversation at another time so carefully see if she has any interest in it or objections to it.

Just a thougth.

Comment

My thoughts...

Magical things happen when you don't seek approval. Just tell her this is what you do. Do not even hint at seeking approval, in body language, nor in no other subtle way.

She is very unlikely to reject you just because you prefer to do yoga nude, and it might just get her intrigued (I'd say more likley). If iot scares here at first, she may later decide to be pkay with it.

You might try something like "I know this sounds crazy, but I always do my yoga nude at home, for all the obvious benefits. Could you handle that - or would it freak you out too badly?"... or something like that. It hurts nothing to ask, and like I said, she's unlikely to stop doing yoga with you soley due to your admitted preference.

This same strategy/mindset might work just as well if it were a female wanting to do nude yoga with a male or female non-nudist friend.

Comment

It's to bad that some people just will not accept nudity as a way of life. She will either be your friend or not. You need to tell her and she will decide for herself. But don't give up the life style just for that reason.

Comment

Mention it in a jokey sort of a way. You never know, if you say something like "I'd prefer to do it naked" and laughabout it, she may say, "So do I" and go for it. Nothing ventured and all that...

Comment

Just like the Nike ads goes, "Just do it", then let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully they will fall in your favor.

But really, I would ask her if she would be comfortable with it first before jumping in. Bring the nudity subject up in a casual conversation just to see her reaction. If favorable, then ask about the nude yoga thing.

Comment

When you start your yoga session, just take your clothes off as you normally do, and just think it is the most normal think to do. I am pretty sure she will follow you.

Comment

for you try doing yoga shirthless first. let her keep dressed as she likes. then casually remark how great it would be to try it nude. hold back your inibitions as long as you can.

Comment

My girlfriend, now my fiance have been together 19 months. I told her up front I am a nudist. She was okay with me walking around the house naked, but said she could never walk around naked herself. Well, she is now joining me at local nudist resorts minus her clothes, and we are both naked around the house when appropriate. In my opinion, you should just let her know you enjoy being naked and let her decide if she wants to remain your friend. Don't change who you are for her.

Comment

This is my 2 cents...I would try it clothed the first 1 or 2 times just to see how the whole thing goes. Then I would tell her that your preference is to do nude yoga. I think you will able to determine how to proceed from her reaction.

Comment

I think you should start as you intent to continue and just tell her in a casual manner that you always perform yoga nude- you will find it much more difficult to introduce nudity later on. As already said, for friendships to flourish you both have to accept each other as you really are and trying to alter somebody is doomed to failure.

Comment

"I'd enjoy practicing yoga with you, so I'll give it a try with you a few times. But since I prefer to do yoga nude I'll usually practice it alone, unless you are OK with doing yoga with a nude guy."

Comment

I guess this comes under the heading of "Here are the areas I feel strongly about". It has nothing to do with Yoga of course.

The ultimate question is when is she going to find out that you are a nudist at heart and what will be the manner in which she finds out.

If nudism is something you feel strongly about, that should probably come up in conversation fairly early in the relationship, before the feelings start to develop for each other. It's something to mention in the list given when the question "So, what do you like to do?" is asked. At least that's the way I look at it.

Rich
                            Rich

Comment

I appreciate all of the suggestions. Today is to be our first Yoga practice together. I may go with a Speedo for the first session. Depending on how things go I may bring up the fact that I prefer being naked and ask if she would like to also. I have other friends I share life with, but not the lifestyle. If she doesn't want me to, it's not worth compromising a good friendship. If she isn't into the naked lifestyle I do think I could eventually convert her or at least offer the opportunity. If she has never done this before, there would be a lot of questions she may have as any person interested in clothes free living would have.

Comment

Working...
                              X