Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens when you send a wanna-be nudist to Germany?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when you send a wanna-be nudist to Germany?

[b]
    Today, my mom told me that she had this feeling that I needed to get away (you know, to "find myself" and "go through a spiritual evaluation", stuff like that).

So, she told me about some deal my cousin could get to ship me off to Germany for a year! I could stay with some people they (my relatives) know, and I'd get my meal paid for and a little extra spending money!

So, point being, what happens when you send a girl who would like to be a nudist but never really gets a chance to off to Germany???
    Hmmm...

[b]
    Today, my mom told me that she had this feeling that I needed to get away (you know, to "find myself" and "go through a spiritual evaluation", stuff like that).

So, she told me about some deal my cousin could get to ship me off to Germany for a year! I could stay with some people they (my relatives) know, and I'd get my meal paid for and a little extra spending money!

So, point being, what happens when you send a girl who would like to be a nudist but never really gets a chance to off to Germany???
    Hmmm...

Comment

Go if you can. Nudity is well accepted. Lots ofnudist resorts,parks,beaches etc. Areas of city parks where people sun bathe nude. When we lived there our neighbor lady would come out in her yard completely naked to shake rugs, would talk to us, have coffee etc. Great place to be naked all summer. Winters are damp & miserable to be outside though

Comment

You snake-in-the-grass! LOL! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Seriously speaking, Germany is a great place for an aspiring nudist. I got my "official" start there many years ago. Also, the train systems in Western Europe are second-to-none. A touch expensive, but there are youth discounts. So the Netherlands, Denmark, Austria, and Switzerland aren't that far away.

Doug H.

Comment

[b]
          Well, it's probably gonna be in the fall/winter there...wait a second.

Isn't Germany in a different hemisphere than the western U.S.? Won't the cold weather fall on different months there?

Hmmm...anyway, if I go, I'll bring my laptop to keep in touch with you guys. Then maybe you can give me pointers on where to go and what to do. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

No problem, Germany's in the right hemisphere so it'll be night time there.

Comment

quote:
              What happens when you send a wanna-be nudist to Germany?
              She ends up on an episode of "Sprockets?"

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Raised_by_She-Wolf:
                [qb]
                [b]

Isn't Germany in a different hemisphere than the western U.S.? Won't the cold weather fall on different months there?

Hmmm...anyway, if I go, I'll bring my laptop to keep in touch with you guys. Then maybe you can give me pointers on where to go and what to do. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [/qb]
                [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Actually She-Wolf, Germany is in the same hemisphere as the U.S. (the northern one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) which means winter there is also winter here (just 7-10 hours earlier is all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] depending on where you are and where yer goin' )

And by all means you better take your laptop with you! Many of us will miss your wit, humor and positive outlook on life! Best of luck!!!

Cheers! (oops... what's German for "Cheers"?) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

[b]
                  El Cheeros!
                  Wait...that's in pseudo-Spanish. What's pseudo-German for "Cheers"?
                  I know...Tcheerss!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Falcon46:
                    [qb]
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by Raised_by_She-Wolf:
                    [qb]
                    [b]

Hmmm...anyway, if I go, I'll bring my laptop to keep in touch with you guys. Then maybe you can give me pointers on where to go and what to do. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [/qb]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Actually She-Wolf, Germany is in the same hemisphere as the U.S. (the northern one [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) which means winter there is also winter here (just 7-10 hours earlier is all [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] depending on where you are and where yer goin' )

And by all means you better take your laptop with you! Many of us will miss your wit, humor and positive outlook on life! Best of luck!!!

Cheers! (oops... what's German for "Cheers"?) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [/qb]
                    Yes, Germany is in the same hemisphere, but also in a different hemisphere the eastern hemisphere, while the United States is in the Western Hemisphere (that brings about the night and day difference).

(I see that HTML has been enabled...)

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by ccsccs7:
                      [qb] Yes, Germany is in the same hemisphere, but also in a different hemisphere the eastern hemisphere, while the United States is in the Western Hemisphere (that brings about the night and day difference).
                      [/qb]
                      Germany is about 8 hours ahead of the US (depending on the time zone), so it isn't a whole day/night switch. As you may have heard time zones vary by longitude (more or less) not just hemisphere.

Wolverina's original confusion was about the seasons being reversed, which of course would only be the case if Germany was moved to the southern hemisphere (next to Australia instead of Austria).

By the way, couldn't you feel a tug on your leg as you read her question?

-Mark

Also, if Germany moved to the southern hemisphere everyone would be upside down and they would spill their beer.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by naturistmark1:
                        [qb] Also, if Germany moved to the southern hemisphere everyone would be upside down and they would spill their beer. [/qb]
                        Ah, the sacrilege!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] In Germany, they drink beer like Americans drink soda. (I'm not kidding.) Don't even suggest that!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Doug H.

Comment

A tip for ClothesFree's soon-to-be Bavarian Beauty:

Germany is slightly closer to the Prime Meredian then the United States. Thus, the weather is consistant enough to have outdoor nudist activities year-round. Hopefully, your cousin and her neighbors will be aware of your hobby.

alles Gute! (All the best!)
                          S.M.A.

Comment

SMA, what does the prime meridian have to do with weather?

Europe is a few degrees farther north than most of the USA. For example, Rome and Chicago are both on 42 degrees north latitude. Terefore, Germany has longer days in summer and shorter days in winter. However, the latitude alone does not tell the entire story when it comes to weather. The oceans and mountains have a lot to do with it. That is why Europe has a climate comparable to the USA when its latitude is closer to that of Canada. It's also why it never gets very cold in Seattle, while it does in Minnesota.

All that aside, I was in Germany during July and August 1990 (even watched on German TV as Saddam's tanks rolled into Kuwait). The weather was very nice (70s and 80s), even in the mountains. In the winter it is cold and snowy in the mountains and rainy but probably not as cold on the coastal plains.

A lot of Americans might not know that during August, most of northern Europe goes on vacation to Spain, Croatia, or Greece - the hottest parts of Europe. I never quite understood that. I don't see a crowd of Americans pouring into Florida in the middle of summer!

Wolverina, enjoy your trip if you go! I'm sure some of us are already anticipating your trip report from the local FKK badestrand.

Comment

For the record, "cheers!" is "Anfeuerungen!" in German. (I got this from http://ets.freetranslation.com/)

Auf wiedersehen, meine liebe Woelflein!

Comment

Working...
                              X