Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day

I pray we all have a safe and restful Memorial Day as we remember all those who went to battle to preserve freedom for us and the many other nations we helped along our way.

So what did you do over the holiday?

I pray we all have a safe and restful Memorial Day as we remember all those who went to battle to preserve freedom for us and the many other nations we helped along our way.

So what did you do over the holiday?

Comment

With my deepest respect, I honor those that have died, so my family and I can live in this great country, free. All Heros.

Comment

We are Home of the Free becsause we also are Home of the Brave.

Comment

Happy Memorial Day to all my American friends.

Is their a holiday in England today, too?

We Canadians had our holiday last Monday.

Comment

England has several holidays but am not sure if this is one they share at any time.

Comment

FREEDOM...isn't free...our Thanks and gratitude go out to all those Veterans who gave ALL to keep us free..and their families who miss them

Comment

...remember all those who went to battle to preserve freedom for us and the many other nations we helped along our way.

Yes, but let's not be forgetting that the soldiers who suffer and die uselessly suffer just as much as those who did it in a good cause, and they don't even have the comfort of knowing that there's some value in it.

So here's to the ones in Iraq too. It's not their fault.

Comment

I hope that all did pause a moment for what this day means- we owe a lot to those who serve in the military. I do have one thing that bothers me on this day. It's not a "happy" day or a day of celebrating like the shopping place made it out to be but a day of remembrance. (Hope I didn't offend you to much Nu.) Best quote I have to offer is from a song that means a lot "all gave some but some gave all."

Ray

Comment

im still in the military,i said a few words and had a few beers ,for those who gave some....and mostly , for those who gave all.alot of people don't relize the sacrafice,unless it only affects themselfs.strangers are protecting your freedoom......give them some respect.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by sw1sweendog:
                      im still in the military,i said a few words and had a few beers ,for those who gave some....and mostly , for those who gave all.alot of people don't relize the sacrafice,unless it only affects themselfs.strangers are protecting your freedoom......give them some respect.

Comment

I also am a veteran of a foreign war. Yes there is siffering by those who survived and suffering you can't see, the suffering of the effects to the mind.

But we would all do it again if we had to, was well worth it.

I a very grateful for those other nations that have chosen to support us in our efforts to free yet one more nation of people who never saw a moment of freedom but now are beginning to reap the value of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X