Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Tribe

Hi all,

I am watching National Geographic and they have been showing various tribes from all around the world. This episode in particular is showing a migrating Amazonian tribe with all members being compltely naked except for a chin tube. Most of the other tribes have some waste cloth or penis sling waste band, but not this tribe. All of them at every age male or female are nude. It is wonderfule to see them just live their lives clothesfree without giving it a second thought

Hi all,

I am watching National Geographic and they have been showing various tribes from all around the world. This episode in particular is showing a migrating Amazonian tribe with all members being compltely naked except for a chin tube. Most of the other tribes have some waste cloth or penis sling waste band, but not this tribe. All of them at every age male or female are nude. It is wonderfule to see them just live their lives clothesfree without giving it a second thought

Comment

That is a perfect argument why nude is not lewd.

Nude is natural.

Comment

On that point they're very lucky, to have never been infected with prudery.

Comment

They showed the Noe on the Travel channel yesterday; this is the tribe in the Brazilian Amazon with a cane through their lower lip area just above the chin as their only adornment. Later on, some shots of a tribe in Africa were shown. These had penis canes or shields.

The women are usually just totally naked. Their breasts show the effects of no bra ever being worn and lots nursing of children. Most drooped a lot except on the very young.

When I served in Vietnam, I had the privilege of observing Montagnard women working in their village without tops. Lots of them are well-endowed. On the young women, their breasts don't droop at all! We had a young Montagnard girl come to the aid station with a fractured collar bone. The fix for this is a figure 8 bandage around both shoulders. She, of course, wore no bra underneath her shirt that she wore in public areas.

Montagnard men wore loin cloths.

In Vietnamese villages, all the little children go totally bottomless. Don't know until what age.

Comment

quote:
            The women are usually just totally naked. Their breasts show the effects of no bra ever being worn and lots nursing of children. Most drooped a lot except on the very young.

Drooping may be the result of nursing, but not of bra-lessness. Bra wearing causes breast to droop more since the supportive ligaments atrophy.
            Brafree.org
            007 Breasts
            femail.com.au

-Mark

Comment

I also was in 'Nam and saw the Montagnard women topless allot. They also nursed the young openly and it all was so very natural. The young in 'Nam do not wear bottoms or pants until they are about 3 or so which allows them to releive themselves as needed where ever they are. People do that anyway no matter what age they are. Have seen old women pull their pant leg up and deficate in the crowd on a sidewalk or where ever they are. They do not use toilet paper of any kind.

Comment

Yeah. I once saw a Montagnard woman standing beside the road with blood running down her leg. She obviously was in her mentral cycle.

Another time, I saw one with an obviously new, black bra that covered her large breasts quite nicely. She seemed rather proud of the new black bra. They took to wearing bras in public because otherwise they were stared at by the Americans. Doubt they did this while the French were there.

We got invited to the villages for Nompei parties. I'd sit in the huts with gaps between the bamboo in the walls where I could see the women working out back.

Comment

Off topic, truly, but Thank you for your military service. folks. No political side choosing here.

Just a thanks

Comment

There are more tribes in the Amazon that do not wearing clothing of any kind than the single tribe featured in the documentry.

The primary reason is clothes are impractical and unnecessary to their lives. Something that all humans had at one point in our collective history ... eden, utopia, nirvana, etc., these people have it and have no use for the "modern world" and all its pretentions.

Comment

Is a shame the rain forests are being torn down as they are. This hurts everyone. But then, how can they put up 7-11s, Walmarts, or Wawa gas stations if all those disgusting trees are in the way!

Comment

Nachtman is quite right; few if any Indian tribes in Brazil wore clothes, and quite a few still do not.

Clothes can be not only unnecessary but inimical. I read a missionary priest's musings that giving the Indians clothes seemed like a good idea at the time, but they would wear them until they fell off, and the rate of tuberculosis went up. Indians are normally quite clean - the white settlers picked up the habit of daily baths from them.

Clothes aren't zero maintenance, once you have them you also need detergent. Soon you're dependent.

It's surprising but even at the tip of South American, in the Terra del Fuego, the natives wore nothing but body paint. And it gets pretty darn cold there.

I have seen on the coast, not far from the Big City, an Indian mother at a bus stop with a naked babe in arms and a four-year-old boy clad only in a short T-shirt. No one paid any mind.

The most popular children's television series, Castelo Ratimbum, has a couple of "Indian" boys who appear in native folk tales, and they're naked but for a few ornaments and are photographed just as they would be if they were dressed, without convenient shadows or contorted camera angles.

At a photographic exibit at a museum here a year or two back (www.corpospintados.com, recommended) there were several public grade school or junior high groups touring, and neither they nor their teachers seemed to have a problem with the pictures of naked people.

quote:
                        Is a shame the rain forests are being torn down as they are.

Yes, though the Atlantic rain forest is more imperiled than the Amazon.
                        I think though that if one were to survey the Brazilian people they would be in favor of replanting the Great Plains with native grasses as a solution to the world's ecological problems. Or even in favor of having Americans pay gasoline prices that are somewhat closer to what the rest of the world pays. It is human nature to suggest that someone else, preferably far away, shoulder the burden for solving problems, rather than procuring solutions that have a cost we ourselves must pay.

- Caipora

Comment

Sunday Night I watched Travel Channel's "A Tribal Oddessey." What I thought was a hoot is they could not decide what to pixilate. Of course the usual front side parts were pixilated-sometimes to the extend in distant shots of obscuring nearly the whole person. But what I thought was funny was they couldn't decide if the behind should be pixilated. Sometimes it was and sometimes it wasn't.

The Monday night episodes had no pixelation watsoever. They showed the people just as they were.

Comment

quote:
                            It is human nature to suggest that someone else, preferably far away, shoulder the burden...
                            Yeah, it's defined by the phrase "Beggar thy neighbor."

It burns by butt to have to pay a "room tax," typically around 10 percent, in addition to the regular sales tax when staying in motels/hotels. It's just the local government financing their needs on the backs of the traveling public, who do not benefit from the process. Despicable!

Comment

Working...
                            X