Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were your children when you started booking 2 hotel rooms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old were your children when you started booking 2 hotel rooms?

I have a boy and a girl. When we travel, I have never booked separate room for them. From chatting with other parents, I sensed some concern for privacy, mainly teens' privacy. How have you dealt with this room issue and bed arrangement?

I have a boy and a girl. When we travel, I have never booked separate room for them. From chatting with other parents, I sensed some concern for privacy, mainly teens' privacy. How have you dealt with this room issue and bed arrangement?

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Ann Wife and Mom:

'not exactly' a problem for nudists, 'eh?

another problem SOLVED by Ann!

Comment

I ignore concerns that other people have about how I raise my family.
        Frankly it's none of their business.
        Do what you feel is right for you and your family. If your kids voice some desire to have a seperate room, then consider their feelings. If they are fine with the arrangement you have now, save the money and just have one room.

Steve

Comment

When we traveled with the kids, we booked one room with two beds. We have two girls. My daughters would take one bed and we took the other. Both beds were in the same hotel-motel room.

Given we are later than earlier to nudism and felt pass the point of wanting to introduce the girls to it, there was not any nudity between myself and the daughters. There was always the bathroom were one could change alone if need be.

The oldest as the years moved along took the path of least resistance. She would just yell out, look away a second I am changing.

Regardless of the kids age, the only reason for booking two rooms would be for some adult play by the parents. Then again, if this is a family vacation, using multiple rooms would certainly kill the spirit of family ness.

We booked rooms this way with our daughters for over eighteen years and never had a problem or complaint about the room arrangement from them.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Ann Wife and Mom:

I think that sharing a room into adult hood is fine. Families know that away from home there will be less privacy.

Comment

My wife and I are not parents (though we hope to be within the next year).

I will remember the points made by Bike Rider above.
              Excellent comments.

Comment

quote:

When I was a kid (non-nudist family) we always got one motel room. When I was younger it was mom and dad in one bed and me and my sister in the other. Somehow as me and my sister got older it changed to mom and sister in one bed and me and dad in the other. Nothing was ever said to me or my sister I assume the parents just thought that when we hit midteenage years we might feel uncomfortable sleeping in the bed next to the opposite gender sibling and decided to make it boys over here girls over there.

Also when we stayed in one more the ....suite motels (i.e. Comfort Suites, rather than comfort Inn) they often had a sofa with a pullout bed that I often slept on but a lot of that was because I'm a nightowl and would often be reading/writinig/drawing pictures by flashlight while the rest slept.

As for changing cloths. We were non-nudists and in a motel room might see eachother in undies but and nudity was generally done by taking turns in the bathroom.

Comment

Hello all:
                  I tend to agree with most posters. If your family goes on a family trip them sharing a room should be a no brainer. My wife and two daughters shared hotels, campers, cabins and tents with no concern about family propriety.
                  I bet if you look at those families concerned with such propriety, chances you will see huge SUV's with each kid watching a different programs on their own TVs. A fat mom feeding her face cell phone to her cheek and dad speeding snd sliding through stoplights.
                  ENJOY being with you kids because they will soon grow up, leave home... and leave you with memories. I hope they are good ones.

Comment

We stopped booking one room when the kids moved out on their own, wait a minute, come to think of it we didn't stop booking one room, it just got progressively roomier!

Comment

Working...
                    X