Healthy Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy Recipes

We have talked on this forum about the health aspect of naturism. Because of the discussions, I have more resolve to get into better shape, and part of my goal is to eat healthier. It's too easy as a single man that works full-time and is attending graduate school to eat poorly. I am feeling the effects of my poor eating habits.

I am hoping to use this thread to share healthy recipes with each other. I look forward to many posts here.

We have talked on this forum about the health aspect of naturism. Because of the discussions, I have more resolve to get into better shape, and part of my goal is to eat healthier. It's too easy as a single man that works full-time and is attending graduate school to eat poorly. I am feeling the effects of my poor eating habits.

I am hoping to use this thread to share healthy recipes with each other. I look forward to many posts here.

Comment

So, I see that nobody is interested in sharing healthy meal ideas and recipes. I'm sorry to discover this.

I've been feeling for quite a while that these forums have just turned into an area for people to complain. I thought I would try getting a new thread about healthy living to see if I could change the tone of what I was reading on here. I'm sad to realize that more people are interested in complaining than anything else.

Comment

Swimguy,

I don't have much in the way of recipes. I have just resolved to prepare good food ahead of time to keep myself out of the fast-food joints.

All-you-can-eat buffets are the worst unless you have lots of discipline.

I sometimes spend the entire afternoon on the road, so I just take an apple or some other fruit to take the edge off my appetite.

Having a broth soup or homemade vegetable soup before your meal can help curb a ravenous appetite.

Four light meals a day are better than three heavy ones. Not only that, but it can be really embarassing to fall asleep at work after a heavy lunch. Not that I've ever done that!

Comment

Funny sotry about sleep and work...

I am currently transitioning from one job to another, so I am doing 15-hour days. I arrived at my second job on Tuesday, when one of the employees I deal with came to talk with me. He looked tired, so I asked him how he was. He told me he just put has cat to sleep. My ears have been clogged due to a bad cold, and all I heard him say was "sleep today."

I responded by saying "I think I'm going to do the same thing during my dinner break. I've been coughing and sneezing so much lately, and I'm not getting enough sleep at night."

He looked at me like I was an idiot and then explained that his cat was 14 years old and had an inoperable tumor. It was at that point that I realized what he said. I was too embarrassed to say anything after thinking about how I responded to his sad news.

quote:
          Originally posted by Trailscout:
          Swimguy,

I don't have much in the way of recipes. I have just resolved to prepare good food ahead of time to keep myself out of the fast-food joints.

All-you-can-eat buffets are the worst unless you have lots of discipline.

I sometimes spend the entire afternoon on the road, so I just take an apple or some other fruit to take the edge off my appetite.

Having a broth soup or homemade vegetable soup before your meal can help curb a ravenous appetite.

Four light meals a day are better than three heavy ones. Not only that, but it can be really embarassing to fall asleep at work after a heavy lunch. Not that I've ever done that!

Comment

Lost about 35lbs a few years ago. This was a lifestyle change for me and my wife. We found a lot of good, healthy receipes in magazines in our local book store. You can also check out the cooking section for the book store as well.
            Also, check out slow cookers, there are many healthly food that you can make if you are on a tight schedule.
            Hope this little info will get you started.
            Good luck.

Comment

I've tried some of the recipes that can be found in the monthly Men's Health magazine.

Mostly, on a daily basis, I just try to eat a slice or two of whole grain bread, about a tablespoon of light peanut butter, a serving of no fat, no sugar yogurt, a handful of nuts, an orange and an unpeeled apple, skim milk, a serving of protein (chicken or fish and sometimes beef), salad stuff with low fat or no fat dressing, a glass or two of red wine, brown rice or whole grain pasta or sweet potato. Oh yeah, and a multivitamin (but not in that order!)

And once every 6 weeks or so, I'll love having a McDonald's quarter pounder with cheese, fries and diet coke. Life is to be lived, eh?!

Comment

Swimguy here's a healthy receipe for you.

Talapia Florentine:

Take Talapia Fillets marinated in Lite Creamy Italian Dressing roll into Italian Bread Crumbs.
                Bake fillets @ 400 degress for 10 minutes/inch or grill over medium heat for 4 minutes/side.

Serve with steamed veggies of choice (broccoli was the recomended choice when I got the receipe).

Serving size (1to2) Fillets per adult.

Comment

Sounds good, I may give it a try.
                  Nudeinbama

Comment

I have an extensive collection of low fat recipies in my file cabinet but never use them any more.
                    For breakfast I have cooked oats or Cheerios, or homoginized egg whites with vegetable pieces out of a pint carton, as an omlette.

I buy "Healthy Choice" brand frozen dinners in quantity when they are often on sale, and pop one in the microwave for a meal.
                    I am addicted to V-8 juice, so may have a glass of V-8 juice along with my "Healthy Choice" meal.
                    I may have fresh or canned fruit with a meal or as a snack. I eat no other snacks nor desserts.

Twice a week I like to microwave fish with Greek spices sprinkled on top. This fish is microwaved in a covered casserole dish with a slight amount of water in the bottom of the dish.

Comment

meat, potatoes and beer. ive never felt better.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by nacktman:
                        Swimguy here's a healthy receipe for you.

Talapia Florentine:

Take Talapia Fillets marinated in Lite Creamy Italian Dressing roll into Italian Bread Crumbs.
                        Bake fillets @ 400 degress for 10 minutes/inch or grill over medium heat for 4 minutes/side.

Serve with steamed veggies of choice (broccoli was the recomended choice when I got the receipe).

Serving size (1to2) Fillets per adult.

This one sounds great. I love tilapia.

Comment

Working...
                        X