Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got 2 airline tickets....where to go??? UPDATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got 2 airline tickets....where to go??? UPDATE!

I just learned that the tickets ARE good for the Carribean!

I won 2 american air tickets on a radio station here in town and I'm trying to decide where to go.

I wanna make it a beach so somewhere inland is sort of out. I have until June 30, 2007 to use them and I need to be able to make flight plans atleast3 or 4 months in advance.

I had a thought of Haulover again. I can also do Charleston SC again. Cancun doesnt really have nude beaches but there is a place called Timulin (spelling) south of Cancun.

Maybe I can get some feedback on this one?? Anyhting north of NC is out because the water will be kooler.

I just learned that the tickets ARE good for the Carribean!

I won 2 american air tickets on a radio station here in town and I'm trying to decide where to go.

I wanna make it a beach so somewhere inland is sort of out. I have until June 30, 2007 to use them and I need to be able to make flight plans atleast3 or 4 months in advance.

I had a thought of Haulover again. I can also do Charleston SC again. Cancun doesnt really have nude beaches but there is a place called Timulin (spelling) south of Cancun.

Maybe I can get some feedback on this one?? Anyhting north of NC is out because the water will be kooler.

Comment

Lucky you. Lots of choice. California; Jamaica; St Martin; other Caribbean islands. You have a nude resort near Cancun.

Comment

If they're international, I recommend Sydney, but wait till about December or January.

Comment

whoops, I guess I forgot to mention that they are only anywhere American air flies:
          thew US, canada and mexico. Not the islands and not overseas.

Comment

Congratulations on winning the tickets. It sounds as though you've spent more time on the east coast, so why not fly to the West Coast. American probably goes to San Diego; but if not LA is a major hub for them. You'll need a rental car wherever you go, so in a week you could visit some great nude beaches and/or drive inland to the Palm Springs area where there are a bunch of c/o opportunities.

Comment

to CFI headquarters and meet corey and the gang!

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by thonglover:

I wanna make it a beach so somewhere inland is sort of out...

Maybe I can get some feedback on this one?? [snip]

As you probably already know, American Airlines destinations include Cancun in Mexico. I believe the place south of Cancun is Hidden Beach Resort near the village of Tulúm.

Click on Hidden Beach Au Natural Resort to see a previous CFF topic/thread about the resort.

If it were me, I'd use the tickets to check out new naturist beaches and places, be it the west coast or Mexico.

Comment

It depends on how much more you want to spend. Haulover is nice ( there yesterday ). There are relatively cheap hotels and cheap rental car in Miami. Also almost everybody speaks English. There's no currency exchange. You might try staying in an old hotel in South Beach. (under a $100/ night) Nice street life. During the day, drive the 5 miles to Haulover. You will need a car.

Free airfare is a great start. You need to plan the rest of the trip like you normally would. So you need to consider cost, comfort, health stuff (Mexican water), time of year, I guess whether or not you need to rent a car. Some don't drive, some don't have credit cards, etc.
                  With nude travel, you also need to decide whether you want to visit a nude place like Haulover or stay at a nude place like Tulum or a naturist resort. You need to consider how your partner might feel about this. There is a difference between clothing optional and a nude place.

Cancun can be nice also. Watch the season. They have a "wet" season. If you look to Tulum. There is a place called Copal that has "huts on the beach". Really inexpensive. I thing you should take their meal plan. You can avoid renting a car. There is bus transportation from the airport to Tulum and a taxi can take you to the hotel. This is rustic. The huts have sand floors. Some of the large "naturist" resorts in Cancun are expensive and some are swinger oriented.

Good luck

Comment

quote:
                    It depends on how much more you want to spend. Haulover is nice ( there yesterday ). There are relatively cheap hotels and cheap rental car in Miami. Also almost everybody speaks English. There's no currency exchange. You might try staying in an old hotel in South Beach. (under a $100/ night) Nice street life. During the day, drive the 5 miles to Haulover. You will need a car.

I do not consider that you would need a car to "drive the five miles" to Haulover Beach. There are frequent public buses that run on the main street, Collins Avenue to Haulover Beach. I have taken the bus on Collins Avenue to Haulover Beach myself. The bus line is only a block or two from Haulover Beach.

Comment

WOW! Thanx Burntbuns!! Thats a good bit of info that I;'ve been looking for!!

I'm still torn between Haulover/South Beach and Cancun. We dont really care if it's a CO place or a resort. Doesnt really matter, but we DO want to do the nude beach thing.

I've been to haulover (Thanxgiving 4 years ago). It was awesome! really nice plsce and we hit the beach at what I suppose is the "gay end" which doesnt matter to me in the least. We have gay frinds ourselves.

I'll keep looking into the trip and figure out what our plans are.

Comment

Again I just fund out that thre ticketsare good for the Carribean too!

I'll be talking to my brother about Antigua and Hawks Bill beach.

Comment

OK, I've made a couple opf calls and I found out that Antigua is out. American Airlines doesnt have a flight back from there until January 15th. Thats too late. I am thinking of a December 28th to January 2nd trip window.

My brother is looking into Cabo San Lucas for me on a time share that someone he works with has. Not sure on that info yet.

Other than Haulover beach, I guess not much really catches my eye with Miami. I was down there Thanksgiving about 5 years ago but I didnt get around Mimai that much.

Whats there to see other than the hot chics on South beach, the scenary, and the Art Deco District where they shot lots of Mimai Vice scenes in the 80's?

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by thonglover:
                            Whats there to see other than the hot chics on South beach, the scenary, and the Art Deco District where they shot lots of Mimai Vice scenes in the 80's?

That depends on what your interests are. There's a huge amount that can be done as a daytrip from Miami, but it's no good if it's not what interests you.

Comment

maybe renting a convertable and driving down to the Keys or something
                              I'm not much into "sight seeing", visiting historical stuff. I know I'll do a couple of those days at Haulover and I know of the nightlife in South beach.

I suppose shopping is my last resort.

Comment

Working...
                              X