Nudist Resort policies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudist Resort policies

I am a nudist who is married, but the wife is far from being a nudist and will not go with me to my local nudist resort, The resort has a policy that they do not allow married people to come alone. After doing some research on the web I found that a lot of resorts have the same policy anyone know why this is or have the same problem? Where are we to go?

I am a nudist who is married, but the wife is far from being a nudist and will not go with me to my local nudist resort, The resort has a policy that they do not allow married people to come alone. After doing some research on the web I found that a lot of resorts have the same policy anyone know why this is or have the same problem? Where are we to go?

Comment

Resorts in general try to stay out of court, court fees are expensive.

Truth of the matter is that marrige is a cooperative effort, and it comes with some sacrafices. Here is the logic behind it.....one of two scenarios....

WIFE NOT SUPPORTIVE = It is not a resort's fault that many wives choose not to participate in nudism, not is it their responsibility to remedy that situation for those unlucky men. If you have to choose between your wife's wishes and your wish to visit a nudist resort, then I would hope you consider your wife's wishes ahead of your own and never dare to sneak something like that behind her back.

SUPPORTIVE WIFE = If your wife is supportive of you visiting a nudist resort, then by all means, have her along. There is no rule that she must be nude....most resorts only mandate nudity in the pool or porch area. Your wife could also visit with the managers and explain that she wishes for you to be able to visit the resort in her absence....with a request like that you will easily be granted admission.

So the wrap up is easy....

If your wife is unsupportive.....then you cannot, and should not visit a resort.

If your wife is supportive.....then you can easily visit a resort.

Other alternatives.....back yard, house, forests, beaches, etc.

Comment

quote:
        SUPPORTIVE WIFE = If your wife is supportive of you visiting a nudist resort, then by all means, have her along. There is no rule that she must be nude....most resorts only mandate nudity in the pool or porch area. Your wife could also visit with the managers and explain that she wishes for you to be able to visit the resort in her absence....with a request like that you will easily be granted admission.

I'm sure that if you both go to the resort to at least sign in and she will notate that it's OK with her for you to be alone there, you will be allowed in.IMHO Couples DON'T have to always be together to visit. My wife and I visit seperately, as do numerous other married people.

You need to see the manager in person to get the details, and find out how it works. In the case of divorced people, I believe the non-member, ex-spouse has to sign off on the offspring visits. IMHO

I'm opining here, and you need to talk to somebody with the facts, not opinions before deciding anything.

Comment

Frank,

You and Lou are both members of WTR and both participate, so if upon occasion you and Lou visit separately, not the same thing at all. Actually, legal counsel has advised Bob that if he knowingly allows a "married solo" to visit the park other than for an open house or a singular visit to check out the facilities, it is possible that WTR could find itself in legal troubles in the event of a divorce action or other civil litigation.

Sadlerfan, you are not going to find many landed resorts/clubs willing to gamble their investment and livelihood because your spouse is reluctant or unwilling to participate with you in nudist activities. I agree with the advise of the SurferDude. You might want to contact AANR about getting some brochures or other literature addressing this issue. I think Cheri Alexander who posts regularly on this forum may also have some advice about where you can find information to try to convert your spouse from adamant to ruluctant to supportive. Good luck to you.

Walt Iliff

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Walt Iliff:

Sadlerfan, you are not going to find many landed resorts/clubs willing to gamble their investment and livelihood because your spouse is reluctant or unwilling to participate with you in nudist activities. I agree with the advise of the SurferDude. You might want to contact AANR about getting some brochures or other literature addressing this issue. I think Cheri Alexander who posts regularly on this forum may also have some advice about where you can find information to try to convert your spouse from adamant to ruluctant to supportive. Good luck to you.

Walt Iliff

Walt, I am going to add another important thing -- often not stated -- the social issue.

We can't just hide behind an "on advice of legal counsel" statement, although it is often accurate, and that makes it easy.

Sadlerfan, you should also note that many nudist parks do not want unmarried persons joining -- because the park and its members have set the rules and environment so that the park is a retreat to be enjoyed WITH your spouse.

They do not wish to become a retreat FROM the spouse.

I think it's important for us to mention that as well.

Comment

Sadlerfan-

I recall meeting a married gentleman at a swim once who told me the president of the travel club allowed him to attend the swim because his wife signed some sort of permission slip noting he was attending a nudist event, and stating she was okay with that.

You may want to check with the clubs in your area to see if they will accept that.

Obviously, you and your wife can go to clothing optional beaches, with your wife remaining dressed. You could also go by yourself.

As a TNS (The Naturist Society) member, I've been welcomed at both Cypress Cove in Florida, and at Lupin in California, when on business trips when my wife could not come with me.

Good luck,

Comicsfan

Comment

Hi. You will get lots of responses and if you watch they are all from married men that Don"t want us around.. and if you read back thru other posts you will see it is always the same lame excuses.. they never take responsibility for the fact its discriminatory and not least very anti nudist represenative of thier own moto "we are accepting folks" . I know how you feel and it is exasperating to say the least to be turned on by the folks you would think understand.. bob ( a nudist is a nudist male, female, married or not)

quote:
                Originally posted by sadlerfan:

Comment

quote:
                  Frank,

You and Lou are both members of WTR and both participate, so if upon occasion you and Lou visit separately, not the same thing at all. Actually, legal counsel has advised Bob that if he knowingly allows a "married solo" to visit the park other than for an open house or a singular visit to check out the facilities, it is possible that WTR could find itself in legal troubles in the event of a divorce action or other civil litigation.

Walt Iliff
                  What a crock!! What if a solo nudist is at work, and meets someone, and there is a divorce, is his or her Employer going to be liable???? I don't think so. I can certainly understand that "some" solo nudist could cause a problem, but not all of them! and these solo nudist should be allowed to frequent these resorts, and if there is a problem, deal with it on a one on one basis. I seriously doubt "Legal Counsel" advised WTR Couples Only, this is there policy. Steering the blame toward Legal Counsel, instead of coming out and saying "NO SOLO NUDIST" simply, removes the heat off of these resorts. Any way you look at fellow Nudist, it's discriminatory against divorced, Single, or any type Solo Nudist.
                  Jim

Comment

quote:
                    Hi. You will get lots of responses and if you watch they are all from married men that Don"t want us around..

This is a bit of a harsh generalization...BUT...it is true it seems that the guys who do not have to deal with an unsupportive wife are quick to give "just let it go, buddy" advice.

I'll give two pieces of advice:

- Do your homework:
                    Call resorts, and determine just how restrictive
                    their policy really is; maybe by joining AANR and getting a signed waiver from your wife, you could still visit. Or maybe joining the resort as a member and with wife's approval. Get all the details. Look into non-landed clubs; some merely require a waiver from your wife.

- Be creative
                    If all the above fail, then you'll have to exercise some creativity. Create a webpage of MySpace page, and organize trips to Gunnison or get-togethers. The turn-out will probably be very slow, but with enough organization and patience, you could get a nice little group of friends to join you in social nudity. I pursued this idea some years ago, and actually came up with a group of five to ride with me to Gunnison a few times a year (I unfortunately moved before it fully materialized.) But it was actually going to work! And it was a mixed group!

Keep in mind that I would not recommend pursuing this without your wife's consent. If she is completely adverse to the idea, then you will have to carefully examine your stance on nudism and your wife's personal feelings (but this is another topic for another day.)

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by sadlerfan:
                      Sadlerfan, I don't know how far you want to travel, but there are some resorts in NC that are solo nudist friendly...if your interested, email me and I will send you the info. Jim

Comment

quote:
                        You will get lots of responses and if you watch they are all from married men that Don"t want us around..

Nonsense!

Us single guys don't want you around either.

Too many 'unattached' married guys hitting on the few available single women.

OK, just kidding ... mostly.

But just ask anybody who has worked nudist resort security ... the married guys (a few of them, not all) have to be watched just as - if not more - closely than the single guys.

I agree that the concern about being named in a lawsuit is pretty weak, but not weak enough to dismiss - any business like a nudist resort is assumed to be guilty in the eyes of a lot of potential jurors.

It is mostly a gender balance thing. Single guys may be admitted - but they are encouraged to bring a partner along. Can't do that with a married guy.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
                          Frank,

Walt Iliff

You're more aware of the policies there than I am. I cannot state what the policy is or isn't. I tried to give an opinion and said he should call or go to the resort he is interested in. Frank

This type question must only be answered by local management. AANR membership may be a deciding factor too. You really should contact the resort in person, and if possible, take the wife there for that visit. Remember, you're being 'above-board' with this.
                          We're all offering OPINIONS here, not fact. The facts can only come from the 'Head' man.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Jim M:
                            What a crock!! What if a solo nudist is at work, and meets someone, and there is a divorce, is his or her Employer going to be liable???? I don't think so. I can certainly understand that "some" solo nudist could cause a problem, but not all of them! and these solo nudist should be allowed to frequent these resorts, and if there is a problem, deal with it on a one on one basis. I seriously doubt "Legal Counsel" advised WTR Couples Only, this is there policy. Steering the blame toward Legal Counsel, instead of coming out and saying "NO SOLO NUDIST" simply, removes the heat off of these resorts. Any way you look at fellow Nudist, it's discriminatory against divorced, Single, or any type Solo Nudist.
                            Jim

Well, Jim, I guess that's why God created chocolate and vanilla. As a single nudist (unmarried), and a long time member of White Tail Resort, a club owned and operated by another single, unmarried nudist, I can only repeat what I said before, which you apparently don't believe. I can suggest however that if you believe differently, hey you're free to start your own club and allow whoever you wish. In the meantime, business owners of all types of endeavors seek legal counsel about various aspects of their businesses, and the legal counsel for WTR has expressed his opinion which WTR's owner has chosen to follow. Good luck to you on your new club. Hope you are successful beyond your wildest imagination.

Walt Iliff

Comment

a lot of resorts don't want to be responsible for breaking up a marriage. i suggest you choose a clothing optional resort. this is what i have done. if you do go alone, after being recognized by the staff, tell them your wife knows you are there or have them call her.

Comment

Working...
                              X