Happy President's Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy President's Day!

Hello. I would like to wish everyone a Happy President's Day holiday tomorrow. I have been told by many people that our current prez George W. Bush is not on their favorite top ten list of Presidents. But even if he is not,at least enjoy the time off if it applies to you! Take care!

Ken Palmer

Hello. I would like to wish everyone a Happy President's Day holiday tomorrow. I have been told by many people that our current prez George W. Bush is not on their favorite top ten list of Presidents. But even if he is not,at least enjoy the time off if it applies to you! Take care!

Ken Palmer

Comment

Yes a day off. That makes a two day weekend for me, I work 9 to 10 hour days 6 days a week. So an extra day off is welcome, but if I was called in to work today it would have been at triple time. Oh well the government taks most of it anyway. So yes a day off. May Everyone have an Enjoyable Day.

Comment

Snow here ! Hate snow! But spring is on its way!

Comment

Here's to hoping people remember President's day is more than a day out of school, being off work and sales at the mall.

Comment

Presidents Day combined two important presidents' birthdays to create a generic holiday: Washington and Lincoln. I think they consolidated so there could be a weekend for auto sellers to have a sale.

Comment

Ren, nice of you to mention it. sortta helps to explain my post...

My mother came to this country from Argentina when she was about 6y/o. At first she cried because nobody spoke any Spanish. On her birthday she went to school as usual, only to be sent home.

"What a country! every school in the city is closed for my birthday!" Of course, at the time, niether she nor my grandmother knew just who Abraham Lincoln was.

BTW, if anyone were to talk to her now, you'll find she does talk with an accent...A Chicago accent!

Comment

How do I know when a politician is lying?

When their lips are moving.

Comment

Working...
                X