Adults only resorts---Your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adults only resorts---Your thoughts?

What are your thoughts on adults only resorts? In my opinion they are fine as long as they are not a sexually charged enviroment. We look at it as a chance to get away and mingle with other like minded adults. Just the same as say going to a bar. It does seen that most people here do not agree with adults only resorts and We were wondering why? Everyone is entitled to an opinion. We just sometimes like to get away for a weekend. It seems as most think nudism has to be only about family. I agree family is a huge part of nudism. But wouldnt it be OK to have an adults only retreat as well? Just wondering what everyone else has to say on the subject.

What are your thoughts on adults only resorts? In my opinion they are fine as long as they are not a sexually charged enviroment. We look at it as a chance to get away and mingle with other like minded adults. Just the same as say going to a bar. It does seen that most people here do not agree with adults only resorts and We were wondering why? Everyone is entitled to an opinion. We just sometimes like to get away for a weekend. It seems as most think nudism has to be only about family. I agree family is a huge part of nudism. But wouldnt it be OK to have an adults only retreat as well? Just wondering what everyone else has to say on the subject.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from, but to me naturism has to stay a family oriented get together.

Comment

I think that one has to have some sort of realistic expectations. If I were at a clothed bar, where adults were drinking and partying, I would expect to see many things, including a lot of contact and flirtatious behavior, and probably behavior I might not approve of.

So if I were at an adults only nudist resort, it is only natural to believe I would see the same, with the adults being nude.

You should ask around and find out to make sure that the character of the resort after dark is not one that will make you uncomfortable. Resorts in the day can be very different in the evening.

NDR

Comment

Doesn't it matter where a person or couple is in their life cycle?

We weren't naturists when we were raising our children. If we had been--and I wish we were--we would naturally have sought out family oriented places to go. We love to see families together enjoying nature naturally, and it's important that there be places providing a safe environment for family.

Now our children are long gone from the nest. When we take special vacations it's just the two of us, and we are more likely to be looking for peace and quiet rather than loud activities. That means it's natural for us to vacation at places that are either adult only, or that at least provide space so that the loud noise and splashing that is normal and natural for children isn't too close to us. This carries over to our naturism, so that when we pay resort prices for some clothesfree time we are more likely to choose an adults-only resort.

Some are critical of such places because sometimes people dress for evening activities. After being nude all day we both enjoy dressing up a bit to go for an elegant dinner. Who made up the rule that you're not a real naturist if you enjoy clothes sometimes?

Sometimes people also criticize the behavior at adults only venues. Certainly there are places where things become highly sexualized; we don't go to those places. At the adult only resorts that we visit you don't normally see anything that you would be embarrassed to show your mother or your pastor. If someone does get carried away, they are swiftly dealt with.

Rereading this post I realize that it could seem like a disconnect. For clarity I'll add that we go mostly to resorts, but sometimes to beaches. Resorts for us are mostly adult only. Beaches are for everyone, and that's where we enjoy watching families together--but we prefer a little distance from the kids, thank you.

Comment

If in doubt read the rules and polocies of a resort before deciding to visit it. The brochure or web-site usually gives a good indication of the expected kind of behaviour to be found at the resort. For example Eden Bay Resort frowns on any open sexual play at the resort.

Comment

Define: ADULT

What constitutes an "adult"?
              Behavior
              Chronological span since birth

As you well know there are some who fit either catagory and neither one as well.

Comment

Interesting opinions. We have been to both family and adults only resorts. There was not much difference in the 2 other than one was adults only. Have also heard stories of adults only places getting crazy at night. This was not our experience though. It was nice just to get away for the weekend kidless. Please dont think we dont want to be with our kids just need a break from time to time which I believe all you parents would agree. Thanks for all the responses it is nice to get others thoughts as well.

Comment

I only get to visit a resort once a year to run a 5K which is open only to those 18 or over. The resort allows runners to visit for the day. I have never seen many children there. It does not matter to me as long as they are well behaved.

Comment

I have a problem with 'adults only' when it comes to nudist or c/o resorts. Since nudity is allowed at family resorts, what makes it 'adult' - in many cases it means the resort allows sexual behavior that wouldn't be tolerated in a family club.

It doesn't have to mean that. Lots of textile resorts are adults only too - as are night clubs, bars and other businesses. Doesn't have to have anything to do with sex - it might have to do with alcohol - carding at the door means you don't have to regulate at the bar. Or it might just mean it is designed as a quiet place for people to relax without distracting kids running about.

But ...

"Adult Only" c/o resort screams "Swinger" or "Lifestyle" not just to me, but also to people who are looking for Swinger friendly resorts. So whether it is intended as a "Lifestyle" resort or not, an "Adult Only" resort is likely to become one by default. And you know what? If they are only interested in the profits that's a smart move, the "Lifestyle" market is way larger than the family-oriented nudist market. Why else would the big rich clubs like Paradise Lakes and Caliente be so willing to blur the lines between the two?

-Mark

Comment

Both my wife and I were teachers before we retired and much as we like kids including our own it is nice to get away from crying kids on a holiday. Certainly dont want to be involved in swingers if thats what adults only means

Comment

Since I have never been to any resort of any kind, then I cannot really state an opinion, except to say, if the resort is for 'adults only', then what kind of activities takes place behind closed doors that underage nudists cannot participate in? I would be hesitant to join just by those standards alone.

Comment

I think you have a good point here nudeM. I too would be leary of joining a club or resort under that kind of a label. This is not necesarily to say that unnacceptable or sexual behavior happens, but it would raise a bit of suspicion.

Ken Palmer

quote:
                          Originally posted by nudeM:
                          Since I have never been to any resort of any kind, then I cannot really state an opinion, except to say, if the resort is for 'adults only', then what kind of activities takes place behind closed doors that underage nudists cannot participate in? I would be hesitant to join just by those standards alone.

Comment

I went to an "adults only" resort a few times. It simply meant that children were not allowed. The resort did have an established swinging community that frequented it, but the club still outlawed any sexual activity in public.

I think that there is a market for adult-only resorts - whether they're part of "the lifestyle" or simple nudist resorts for adults only. Given the choice, I'd rather go to a resort for adults only - but that's just my personal opinion as to what I'm more comfortable with.

Comment

Some of you guys are all WET!

Perfect example; I know it's only ONE C/O venue and may be an exception but NOT ALL C/O venues that are Adults Only cater to swingers or does sexual activity happen behind the doors or gates.............Terra Cotta Inn, Palm Springs, CA.

Tom and Mary Clare Mulhall run a tight ship. They do not tolerate overt sexual activity. I've personally seen them bounce couples out of the Inn because of this and.........have even gotten in trouble myself, being a regular, and not reporting some questionable activity poolside.

Terra Cotta Inn is an adult couples only, clothing optional Inn. There reason for wanting this type of business is to give Mom's and Dad's a break from the kids and to give those couples that do not want to mingle with children, pre teens or teenagers while on vacation, a place to go and be away from these age groups.

Nothing goes on behind those doors that wouldn't happen if there were kids present and to suggest that all/most Adults Only, clothing optional resort/Inn or club is otherwise is unfair and definately uncalled for without knowing for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X