Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children on a nude beach

Would you allow you kids to be naked on a clothing optional beach

I never had the chance for this due to former life with Mrs Ex. However, Mrs Now and I were at our favorite local club earlier this month and there was a young boy having the time of his life...I am thinking a grandchild of a very active member. Everyone new him and was more than welcoming. I have also seen other kids at another club who were always having a great time. We made the observation about how joyful it was to have kids laughing in the background. Now these were all private clubs with established standards. I am not sure I would be as comfortable in a public access beach with limited respect for others unless it was a widely accepted norm like so many European beaches and parks.

Comment

Raised our daughter in social nudism. No problems, although we did keep our eye on things at nudist parks - pretty much as nudkin describes.

Comment

Sure ... if we had better info on where to go, when they were little. Had to wait til they were in their twenties and then we took them and they loved it. They were older but our grandkids were much younger the first time we took them to our nude beach. We just were extra watchful at the beach. We then took them on a week vacation to a nude beach resort in the Caribbean. They talk about that trip to this day and say it was the best vacation they'd been on. We watched them there as well but the really great thing about that resort ... we have lots of friends and they were also watching out for our grandkids. Our daughters and son in law really felt as though their children were safe and looked after there.

Comment

Originally posted by FireProf View Post
          Sure ... if we had better info on where to go, when they were little. Had to wait til they were in their twenties and then we took them and they loved it. They were older but our grandkids were much younger the first time we took them to our nude beach. We just were extra watchful at the beach. We then took them on a week vacation to a nude beach resort in the Caribbean. They talk about that trip to this day and say it was the best vacation they'd been on. We watched them there as well but the really great thing about that resort ... we have lots of friends and they were also watching out for our grandkids. Our daughters and son in law really felt as though their children were safe and looked after there.
          I never took my daughter to the nude beach while she was growing up. Several reasons: the closest nude beach was quite far, I saw quite a few things at the nude beach that I didn't necessarily want my young impressionable child to witness, and there were more nudist children at the resort - and I wanted her to be able to socialize with other nudist kids.

My GF and I have discusses getting married - when and if that time comes - in St Martin. Part of that time after the ceremony will be spent at Club O. My daughter has been out of nudism since her early teens. But I will definitely bring up Club O. with her while she's there. I'm not getting my hopes up too high, but I think it would be quite awesome if that became an opportunity for my daughter's return to nudism. After all she did spend the first decade of her life growing up nudist. Me, my daughter and my new wife socializing nude at Club O.: how awesome would that be?!!!!

Comment

Having you, your new wife and your daughter visit Club O and have your ceremony there ... some great memories! Hope it works out for you.

​When we took our grandkids to San Onofre Beach, we were camped out on the G rated side of the beach where all the nudes were. Further, much further down the beach was were all the crap took place and luckily, the few times we did take the little ones down there, all the junk stayed way south of the fence line.

​We showed our girls pictures of when they were small and they would play in the backyard, on the patio, in their play house and they were always naked. After showing them the pictures, the oldest began to remember a little more and then relayed some stories she remembered. The youngest was able to remember much but saw the pictures and said ... "looks like I'm having fun!"

​At least we had that time together at Club O in '09. It's a lasting memory and we have a Shutterfly book of our trip. I was surprised that Shutterfly actually printed all the nudes we submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by ranul View Post
              Would you allow you kids to be naked on a clothing optional beach
              i've seen kids at the NYC-area beaches... gunnison and lighthouse (RIP), maybe more so several years ago at lighthouse. we took our kids when they are toddlers, but now that they are older they are appalled that such a thing could exist, despite spending a bunch of time nude at home. they don't even remember going. huh... KIDS!

Comment

We've seen lots of kids at Collins Beach up in the PNW, Sauvie Island, OR. It's great to see so many moms and little ones enjoying the freedom of a nude beach. We've seen the most kids on that beach more than any other of nude beaches we've visited.

Comment

The reason why I asked this question was that I noticed that most of the children at the beach wear swim suits even when the parents where naked and was wondering if that was normal

Comment

Originally posted by ranul View Post
                    The reason why I asked this question was that I noticed that most of the children at the beach wear swim suits even when the parents where naked and was wondering if that was normal
                    I think this is quite normal. Usually really young kids (maybe under 5 or 6) are nude but the older kids wear something. This is a broad generalization based on years of northern beach-going only. I'm not sure I have ever seen a tween/teen nude with parents on any beach I have been to. I've occasionally seen a group of several high school/college age kids nude, but they're usually slow to undress and seem excited to be engaging in this behavior when finally nude.

Comment

Absolutely ! We took our daughter to Playalinda Beach a few times. Not a problem when the beach wasn't very crowded. And when it was, we just walked down the beach to find an uncrowded spot. And we kept a close eye on her. there were always a few other kids there. Not much different then taking them to any other beach, except for the clothes. And the nudity wasn't a problem since we were at Cypress Cove 2-3 time a month anyway. That was a very long time ago. Both our kids are pushing 40 now.

Comment

I don't see why not. In fact it is probably best for them to experience it from a young age.

Comment

i just remembered a day a couple of years ago at gunnison beach where i wass very surprised to see a family with three kids, including a teen boy and girl, all nude. occasionally i see little kids (under about 6 or 7) nude at the beach, but usually the older kids wear something, especially teens. but not this time. i ended up saying hello to the parents as i was going for a swim and the explanation for the entirely nude family became obvious: they were German! they were on a vacation, heard about the FKK beach, and stopped for the day!

Comment

The bizarre thing about this discussion to me is that I remember being in Greece in 1970. It was not uncommon on textile beaches for children under the age of about ten to be without swimsuits.

Comment

Also bizarre are toddler girls in two piece swim suits. I am noticing more kids wearing swim shirts, but I believe that is more for protection from the sun than a sense of modesty.

Comment

Working...
                              X