Facebook Rules for Nudity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Rules for Nudity

I once posted a comment to a friend's post on Facebook that included a photo of a model in a suggestive pose. Facebook sent me a message that my comment had been blocked for violating the terms of service. I protested on the grounds that 1) the model's private parts were not actually exposed in the photo, and 2) the model had become the First Lady of the United States. Facebook sent another message that my post had been unblocked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	melania1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	552460

This experience led me to study Facebook's rules for nudity. The rules can be found at the following link.

https://transparency.fb.com/policies...xual-activity/

A brief summary of the rules is that genitals, female nipples, and close-ups of butts cannot be shown. Butts at a distance are acceptable.

Name:	rear_640wide.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	552461

There are exceptions for health information, art, and protests.

Regarding health information, photos of breast feeding definitely are okay. A photo of a condom being place on an erect penis would probably be pushing the limits.

Name:	health1_640wide.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	552462

Regarding art, this seems subjective. If the image is of a famous painting or statue, there should be no problem. If the image is abstract or otherwise not too lifelike, there also should be no problem. If the image is close to being photographic in its detail, there might be an issue.

Name:	art9_640wide.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	552463

Regarding protests, it is probably necessary that the image is from a distance to show that the scene is indeed of an event that is recognized as an actual protest.

Name:	protest2_640wide.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	552464

Facebook seems to be fairly arbitrary in the gray area. Post something political and it's inciting hate. Post something remotely sexual in nature, banned, unless it's for pride week. There's no reason or rhyme really

Comment

Originally posted by Noodfellaz View Post
      Facebook seems to be fairly arbitrary in the gray area. Post something political and it's inciting hate. Post something remotely sexual in nature, banned, unless it's for pride week. There's no reason or rhyme really
      A major random variable is who might see and flag your post. If nobody flags a post, Facebook is unlikely to be aware of the content, so it isn't likely to be blocked.

Comment

i know they do search stuff out but yes, flagging is the #1 reason

Comment

Working...
        X