Nudity and Modesty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noodfellaz View Post
    for the sake of conversation, even if it is immodest, is it wrong?
    Phew that's a tough one to peel through. I'll take a brief stab at it.

Some would say that what it "can" make it wrong is how people view it and the judgement they might pass on it. If a sizable or majority of people view it was "wrong", then it becomes so. Take erections for example: a majority of people would judge someone walking around at the resort - proudly sporting a full erection - as "wrong." And this majority would dictate whether this individual is confronted about it.
    If the majority does not view it as wrong, then it becomes normalized and accepted; even if a few believe it to be "wrong." If a woman sits open-legged and a couple of "old school" ladies complain about it being "too immodest"; if the majority of people do not "view it" as unacceptable, then the ladies' voiced opinion will be dismissed.

I think it's about how the community as a whole "judges it" - and not isolated voices - that will determine the "wrongness" of it.
    Last edited by NudonyII; 04-28-2022, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Returning to the idea that modesty is about not drawing attention to oneself, I'll list some things I have seen at a nudist venue that did not seem modest.

1. Wearing high heels.
      2. Wearing elaborate jewelry, especially genital jewelry.
      3. Having elaborate tattoos, especially on the buttocks.

I hope I haven't offended anybody with the above list.

Comment

Regarding the manner in which a person lounges on a sunbed, if a certain position is considered acceptable while wearing a swimsuit, it should also be considered acceptable while nude. A lot of this depends on the intent of the person lounging. Does the person want to draw attention, or do they simply want to be comfortable? Even if a woman makes a conscious effort to keep her legs together, it is inevitable she will expose her labia while putting on her shoes or arranging her towel.

This issue seems a bit sexist since there is no expectation that a man would attempt to hide his penis while in a nudist environment, so why should a woman be concerned about exposing her labia?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosquito_Bait View Post
          Returning to the idea that modesty is about not drawing attention to oneself, I'll list some things I have seen at a nudist venue that did not seem modest.

1. Wearing high heels.
          2. Wearing elaborate jewelry, especially genital jewelry.
          3. Having elaborate tattoos, especially on the buttocks.

I hope I haven't offended anybody with the above list.
          I'm not offended, though I was looking into penis jewelry once. I feel a nude person is much more modest, and some people who are not while nude tend to be exhibitionists. I don't feel nudists are not modest anymore. I don't find it shocking to be nude anymore. Modesty is in the heart and the mind. It depends on your intent. What are your intentions? If it's to draw attention to yourself, then it's possible you're not being modest (strangely enough, I find women in bikinis to be more modest than women in one-pieces).

Comment

I've seen a guy tanning the inner sanctum of his backside and his sack at a resort. He was off by himself. I didn't consider this exhibitionism.

​​​​​ He was at a nude venue, tanning the only part of his body that wasn't yet tan. Where, and how else could he spread his cheeks with his butt in the air? He didn't have an erection, and wasn't masterbating, so I don't believe he was sexualiizing it.

Where else is there a better place to get an all over tan?
            I've done the same thing, but I'm fortunate that I can do it by my private pool. Not many people have that luxury.

I spread my legs wide, I cross them with the giblets sticking up and any other way I want to sit or lounge while nude I do it for comfort, usually to relieve pressure from old injuries. Stop being so sensitive and be thankful we're healthy enough and have a place we can enjoy each others naked company. We all have the same parts and we've all seen them many times on many different people. Don't worry, be happy.

He definitely wasn't modest, but after getting naked in public, who is?

Comment

Working...
            X