Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topics in the forums

Comment

I cant realy say I've only been on scince Aug.
      But have seen a lot of (HOT DEBATES) no here I try to stay clear of.

Comment

Wow, NudeM-you must be a mind reader.
        I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday.

You are right.
        We can easily get carried away on political, religious, or other topics.
        I am prone to post often in the sports thread (though so far, there is a great group here and I am sure moderation has been easy) .

However, I also post to (or start new) topics involving nudity issues.

Everyone, this is the Clothesfree forum.
        Our primary purpose is to learn, advise, and promote the values of a clothesfree life.
        Participate in these topics. Start new ones.

If you have been here only to debate politics, religion, sports, or other topics in "open conversation"-can you see your way clear to particapating in the regular topics,also?
        Think about it.

Comment

yes - i've seen the post bashing the president. if we can't blame ourselves we have to blame someone. why not him. if you can do a better job - then go right ahead. this is the only post/poll on this matter i'll particate in. thank you

Comment

I don't like all these Don't belong here, in my opinion, topic's either. Therefore, I never even click on them to read them, as thats not what I came to this forum to read about. I can get all that stuff from news editorials, when and if I want to read about such topic's. I'm here for Nudity lifestyles and its related topic's.
            nudeinbama

Comment

As I see it, this forum is designed for naturists/nudists so they have a place to come and communicate with other naturists. Not necessarily to talk about natursim only.

Think about it, you and another naturist get together for a week, would you only talk about being naked and nude topics? One can not substain a freindship on naturism alone.

Nudists are people, and people have interests and like to share their views.

I understand your point about people gettig passionate about their topics, but that is human nature.

Telling people that they can only talk about nudism would be like telling HW she can only post nude realated jokes in the humor forum, eventually it would dry up and get boring.

Just my opinion...for what it is worth

Comment

I agree with ercNY, you can only talk about nudism in so much detail before it gets a little boring or starts going down strange paths like talking about minute visible anomolies in sexual organs. I'm sure there are lots of forums out there with other subject matter in mind that are also debating things like the American politics and religious topics.

Comment

I feel ercNY does; I for one can not talk about nudism with every breath it would be extremely boring after a time and I would like to think I had more than that one demension to my life.

The difficulty with these and other forums I have found is the shrill and unfounded diatribes that those uniformed go on and those who deliberatly attempt to steer debates off topic and into one of those aforementioned meaningless diatribes.

One point that namedun makes about "strange paths" in some threads dealing with sex and sexual organs is a good one...I mean what is so fascinating there. I am all for discussions on any topic but those discussions should have a forum section all of there own since they seem to be a popular topic of debate.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by nacktman:
                    I I am all for discussions on any topic but those discussions should have a forum section all of there own since they seem to be a popular topic of debate.

Well there is such forums already..such as "Open Conversation" and "Fun and humor"

However if you think about it, any conversation even if it starts out about nudity will veer off in several directions...just like if you were having a discussion with a group of frieinds, the topic changes as the talk goes on. It may or may not come back around to the original topic because the interest of the group has changed.

This is the normal flow of discussion...and that is why we are all here right? to conversate with like minded people.

I think if all the threads 100% on topic, the threads would be quite short and trust me not as interesting to read.

Comment

Point taken.

Intelligent and meaningful debate is not ever promised nor always wanted.

Comment

In my opinion, one of the reasons that there is so much discussion of non-nudist topics is that always seem to have a troll who, whether he/she claims to be a nudist or not, feels he/she must argue ad infinitum every bit of minutia that comes up.

Personally, I like discussions of politics and religion here because there are some extremely knowledgable and thoughtful people on the forums. Maybe thats part of the nudist scene. Unfortunately, trolls do greatly decrease the enjoyment and utility of these boards.

When a troll appears on CFF, whether they claim to be a nudist or not, who shows little interest in naturism or opposes it, and yet manages to rack up a huge number of posts every month, I would have to conclude the troll's main interest is attacking nudism by disrupting the board...and that they are succeeding to a degree.

I know the moderators want to be very conservative in who they ban, and I appreciate that, but my gut feeling is that troll filter needs to be turned up a notch.

It wonder if it would help if the CFF software could require that members have at least 25% of their posts in nudism-related categories.

Comment

I think people should be allowed to discuss what they want to discuss and those who don't want to participate in that particular discussion move on to another thread. A bit like being at a party. If you aren't enjoying the conversation, move on to the next group of people and a different conversation.

A few less defamatory comments in these debates wouldn't be a bad thing though.

As for trying to regulate HW's "voices", I wish you luck

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by hm0504:
                            In my opinion, one of the reasons that there is so much discussion of non-nudist topics is that always seem to have a troll who, whether he/she claims to be a nudist or not, feels he/she must argue ad infinitum every bit of minutia that comes up.

Personally, I like discussions of politics and religion here because there are some extremely knowledgable and thoughtful people on the forums. Maybe thats part of the nudist scene. Unfortunately, trolls do greatly decrease the enjoyment and utility of these boards.

When a troll appears on CFF, whether they claim to be a nudist or not, who shows little interest in naturism or opposes it, and yet manages to rack up a huge number of posts every month, I would have to conclude the troll's main interest is attacking nudism by disrupting the board...and that they are succeeding to a degree.

I know the moderators want to be very conservative in who they ban, and I appreciate that, but my gut feeling is that troll filter needs to be turned up a notch.

It wonder if it would help if the CFF software could require that members have at least 25% of their posts in nudism-related categories.

Exactly!

The problem isn't the topics, it's the trolls. KirkOntario has been allowed to disrupt things for a very long time now (as one example) and MikeJB totally distroyed any topic he posted in (as another example).

The cure is to continue to allow the topics and to moderate the trolls.

And of course, this answer isn't included in the poll. It's ok that we discuss non-nudist topics. It's not ok to allow people to lie cheat and steal about them.

Kirk was banned from MNL for posting lies concerning politics. I don't know why that is allowed here.

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by hm0504:

An interesting idea...but perhaps somewhat difficult to implement, because as experience has shown, even nudist topics in the forums directly related to nude recreation can be disrupted and driven far off-topic.

But I agree, something needs to be done about trolls, and soon.

Un

Comment

Working...
                              X