Spongebob - Michelangelo's David

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spongebob - Michelangelo's David

Has anyone else seen this cartoon? Spongebob is taking an artist's class and taps a couple times on a block of marble and it crumples just right to reveal an anotomically correct statue of Michelangelo's David. It is even shown from the front. Later, the statue has been censored by the addition of a shell over the genitals. My kids did not even bat an eye or make any comments. To my knowledge, no "for mature audiences only" at the beggining either.

Has anyone else seen this cartoon? Spongebob is taking an artist's class and taps a couple times on a block of marble and it crumples just right to reveal an anotomically correct statue of Michelangelo's David. It is even shown from the front. Later, the statue has been censored by the addition of a shell over the genitals. My kids did not even bat an eye or make any comments. To my knowledge, no "for mature audiences only" at the beggining either.

Comment

In 1997 the archielolgists found a complete statue done by Michelangelo but they refused to acknowledge this most rare of finds.

It seems that Michelangelo made a perfect granite rendition of Spongebob in his last days and this statue has now been discovered! It seems that Michelangelo's Spongebob will remain in secrecy where no one will announce this precious find.

Comment

I haven't seen that cartoon, but it reminds me of a commercial that is currently going around. It's a Burger King (I believe) and the Father is in the bathtub, with the Mother at the sink. The Daughter runs out of the bathroom and the Father stands up and states that he is "..Spongebob Nopants...". The camera shows a frontal of him full view, but he is covered with soap. I thought, cool.

Your story isn't the first story that depicts the statue of David being covered to hide the genitals. Totally rediculous on how our society has over-reacted on the mere sight of a nude body. The problem is, it's the adults who are doing all the complaining.

Comment

I find SpongeBob annoying. But hey, good for them for showing David uncovered, at least initially.

Bob S.

Comment

Would be interesting to have SpongeBob, Popeye, Dagwood, Mickey Mouse and all the others socializing nude at a nudist park !!!!

Comment

The interesting thing about the burger king commercial mentioned earlier, is that he stands up in front of an open window, which looks out into the neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
              X